What Colour Gold!?

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2003, 11:44 AM
glynieboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Hi,

I'm looking at having my 16" standard Alloys painted in the STI GOLD colour. Does anyone know what the offical Subaru Gold colour code is?

I have also attached an email from the company that can do it for me, would anyone be able to offer advise on if this is a good price and if there is any issues with painting alloys?!

------------------------------------------------------------

The cost of repainting your wheels Gold would be £30.00 + vat per wheel, this estimate would include repairing the minor scuff if it's as small as you describe.
You would need to come along and select the shade of Gold you would require or give us a paint code to work to.The work would normally be completed within 2 working days. The tyres should be left on or new tyres should be fitted prior to having the rims painted. If you are considering new tyres we can supply, fit and balance at very competitive rates.
The finish is a high quality two pack laquer which when fully cured is as durable as any. However it is still paint and is always going to come second to metal tools, bad tyre fitting practices and stone kerbs. A good proprietory wheel cleaner should be fine but stear clear of any acid based rapid cleaners as used by some of the valeting companies

------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers Glyn
Old 18 May 2003, 04:16 PM
Carlos-Fandango
Scooby Regular

Wink

I asked exactly the same question and was imformed that it was safron Yellow (code 058).

I've not tried it yet so can't confirm, but that is what I was told from this forum.

Hope this helps

Carlos
Old 24 May 2003, 01:03 PM
Franx
Scooby Regular

Question

Did you think about getting them powder coated instead? I think that might be more durable, and it's a very nice finish...
Old 10 June 2003, 10:52 AM
glynieboy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the code!!

What is power coating?