Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Wax wizard - What's the fuss

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 10:26 AM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick, Why is your garage not full of the usual Rusty Eddie Merx cycles, plastic patio chairs, trim 'n edgers , ronseal tins, space hoppers and of course the obligatory delonghi dragon?!

[Edited by Ru$$Rip - 10/1/2002 1:52:20 PM]
Old 16 September 2002, 12:49 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Question

Excuse the un initiated.
I keep seeing wax wizard come up in various threads. I gather it's something for cleaning your car but what's all the fuss about? Is it that much better than something like Autoglym?

If it is where can I get it from. I have the deep blue mica paint and it is a sod to keep looking clean especially with water streaks. I tend to keep going round and round the car with a leather and in the end give up. Anyone else have trouble like this?
Old 16 September 2002, 03:51 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Never used Wax Wizard products BUT I have used polish by Meguiars
I've spoke to Meguiars on the phone and their customer service is really good.They advised me of what products to buy based on the colour of my car (WR Blue),how much time I wanna spend cleaning it etc.....
The Meguiars stuff is miles cheaper than the Wax Wizard stuff and having used Autoglym in the past,the difference is unbelievable.I now get a really deep glossy shine. (They told me this on the phone but I was a little sceptical)
Just for info,they recommended to me to get a "Clear Coat body scrub","Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax" and I also ordered "Scratch-X" which removes light surface scratches.Together with 3 extra application pads,it came delivered to my door for around £35.BARGAIN

Good luck

Nick

P.S: I'm nothing to do with the company,just a very satisfied customer!!!!
Old 18 September 2002, 12:10 PM
BL
Scooby Regular

Wax wizard sells various products to clean your car. The wax is much better that Autoglym as it is not abrasive leaving swirls in your bodywork. Autoglym & various other polishes is silicone based which will stain your black plastics. The wax wizard wax also brings up the oils from the paint which in turn gives a better shine & makes your car look new out of the showroom.

In my honest opinion, although not cheap, it is worth every penny!!
I also baught the cleanser solution which removes swirls, pain in the a** dirt that cannot be removed with a sponge etc & also gives your car a shine.

Give the wax wizard (Mark) a buzz on 07966 713177
Old 18 September 2002, 01:00 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Checked out the meguiars site. Looks good, I like the little dohicky that suggests the product you should buy based on how often you clean your car, what kind of finish you want and the type of crap you need to clean off of it (tree sap, dead bugs etc....) They even told me I shouldn't bother with the polish but go for the wax. How honest is that?
Old 18 September 2002, 07:38 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Well I can top that! Mark (Was Wizard) takes calls on a Sunday morning (not me I hasten to add) to tell you how to best wash you car!

Wax Wizard products are simply some of the best around.
Old 19 September 2002, 03:25 PM
Gavin G
Scooby Regular

Question

Anyone know if I can get hold of the Wax Wizard in Ireland?

Gavin G
Old 19 September 2002, 03:32 PM
carlpcross
Scooby Regular

Talking

spent over £100 on meguar gear around 6 months ago, and also got some of the wax wizard gear (£150) in the last group buy 3 weeks ago.

my comparisons:

car wash: both very good.(but carwash is only car wash.

meguars scratch X Vs wax wizard cleanse: thought the scratch was ok removing only light swirl marks, ww cleanse WOW this was a total shock, i thought at best would be a little better than scratch x but it totally spanked ots a**. got rid of all light to medium scrathes and gave the car a real wet look finnish.very impresive.

clay bar kits: both good, ww has the edge.

meguars gold class wax Vs WW shield:, again produced both very good finish with the ww having the edge( maybe because of the cleanse treatment b4 hand. the main diference is that the WW was so much easier to apply then meguars, WW was so much easier to apply and to buff off, it felt as if i was doing something wrong.

application pads: looks like they were made in the same factory.

buffing towels:the meguar has this sorted, the towel is absolute magic, makes the job alot easier leaving not a trace of lint, WW standed good quality 100% cotton towels, nothing special but does not need to be with ease of the wax buffing, leaving little bits of lint.

tyre stuff: meguars has it again here leaving a finish that the WW cant compete with, only down side, its a little messy, trying to get the black stuff from under your fingernails takes some scrubbing, but worth it as the finnish lasts so much longer than anything else.the WW product is ok for a quick,no mess job as all you need to do is spray it on.

cleaning the car next time. after cleaning the car a week after the meguars treatment seemed very similar as b4 the treatment, the WW was totally different, the sponge just cruised around the car easily, with no effort, the dirt fell off as soon as is saw the sponge coming.

hope this helps,

carl..

Old 19 September 2002, 09:36 PM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

Mark Underwood
E-mail Address(es):
waxwizard@eurobell.co.uk

Old 23 September 2002, 12:58 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Is there a we site for WW?
Old 23 September 2002, 03:30 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Carl i would love to know what you spent over a £100 on at Meguiars,but back to the relevant thread the Meguiars treatment is fantastic and the Carnuba wax gives the most long lasting water beading i've ever seen,i went for the stages 1-3 treatment and although it's time consuming putting 3 applications on, the end result is worth it and so is the price.I'm not knocking WW but at over £100 you need some serious justification to spend that on car cleaning products and the end results are no different between the 2 products.

Zippy
Old 23 September 2002, 07:03 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Have to agree. Tried all the products from turtle wax to autoglym to wax wizard and now Meguiars.
Meguairs is fantastic. I use the 3 step (cleanse/polish/wax) and find it excellent. I used to be one of the biggest supporters of WW but sadly now find Meguiars the best. When you use the cleanse the paint actually squeaks its so clean.
It takes a lot to impress me and I must admit I did'nt think anything would beat Wax Wizard but sorry Mark, I'm a Meguiars fan now.
Alasdair
Old 23 September 2002, 09:33 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

aint had as much experiance with other varieties as many of u fine peaps but i bort WW from the previous GB & i was amazed at how good it is & even without the clay bar i find the clense thingy makes the paintwork sqeaky clean, literally & da wax is not only piece of pi$$ 2 put on & wipe off (lint from cloth i didn't find?) only real problem i had initially woz a)rushing 4 my sunglasses (subaru of courselol) & b)the dust that woz attracted 2 the clean surface, & PVC powder at work [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] but only a problem thru static which i have now managed 2 dispell sumwot with a further wipe down so no gripes with da WW at all & i wooda probably spent more if i was being a cheap skate with wax & wash kinda shyte u can get from halfords etc as seemingly small pot of wax from the WW starter kit is guna last bleedin years so have no regrets about the seemingly high purchase costs! Just my forts
shiny_Si
Old 23 September 2002, 09:43 PM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Posted this in the general forum but it really belongs here...

Tried wax wizard. It's ok but very expensive. Next I'm going to try Meguiars. When I was looking for ww alternatives, I found that the US prefer Meguiars. There's some info here If that site isn't available then try the google cache here.
Old 23 September 2002, 09:44 PM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Double post so this one can go...

[Edited by merlin - 9/23/2002 9:53:53 PM]
Old 23 September 2002, 10:39 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

carlpcross,

The cloth for removing the WW wax is not one of the towels but a specific (in my case pink) cloth. It leaves to lint at all. Give Mark a ring to check you have got one

Guy
Old 23 September 2002, 11:49 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

i'm sure i qould use the wax wizard if it comes to selling the car, only when i get the little scratches and dents out.
Old 24 September 2002, 06:04 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

The cloth (or similar) in the swissol (WOW) stuff can be found in halfords and is indeed excellent, lint free completely.
Personally I have used loads of different wax products the Swissol stuff is head and shoulders ahead of anthing else (although not tried meguiars)
Andy
Old 25 September 2002, 12:15 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Talking

info on the Swissol gear can be found at www.scoobyworld.co.uk as the official Swissol site (www.swissol.com) is not in English at present.

We've been working quite closely with Mark getting the product range tested & up on the site. There will also be a review of the Swissol kit in some of the auto mags over the next few months.

Any info either drop Mark or myself a mail

Neil

[Edited by NeilT - 9/25/2002 12:16:39 PM]
Old 25 September 2002, 01:03 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

There was me trying to decide whether to invest what is lets face it an inordinate amount of money on soap for my car. Couldn't decide whether WW was worth the money, then someone mentions meguirs and says it better and now someone says swissol is top dog.
I think I'll go back to using Fairy Liquid much cheaper and less confusing!!
Old 25 September 2002, 02:57 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Hi m8
As you said it is personal choice. If cost is the worry then autoglym are reasonable. Meguiars 3 part treatment will be about 25 quid. WW is more but you get more.
How about Pledge
Alas
Old 26 September 2002, 12:49 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Alas.

Well gave my car the three step treatment last night
Wash - Fairy liquid
Cleanse - Flash Multi purpose
Polish - As suggested pledge

Results - Very good until all the paint bubbled up and dribbled onto the driveway!!!

Seriously tho money is an issue. I have given it the Autoglym wash - Resin polish and super gloss treatment and it looks ok. Although it did seem to leave lots of fine swirl scratches and of course the white powder around everything. I am going to order up some Meguirs next month (Paycheck) complete with some scratch X and see how it goes. Thanks for all the advice guys.
Old 26 September 2002, 12:59 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I used my Meguiars for the second time,last night and here's some pics.The pictures do NOT do it justice! (Pics are taken in my garage before anybody says anythin )
The shine is FANTASTIC and that's no exageration!
Also,used the Scratch-X I bought for the first time as I had a white scratch on my rear bumper.Brought it out a treat!!!!

You won't be disappointed by Meguiars!!

Nick

[Edited by NickAdams - 9/26/2002 1:01:06 PM]
Old 26 September 2002, 01:07 PM
SeepyScoob
Scooby Regular

Looks fantastic.
If I can get that result for under £40 then I'll be chuffed.

Really can't justify spend £150 on car wash I'm afraid - Not when I've got pads to buy as well.

Now then Pagid Mintex or Ferrodo...... Here we go again...
Old 26 September 2002, 01:32 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Really can't justify spend £150 on car wash I'm afraid
I know EXACTLY what you mean!!

Good luck

Nick
Old 26 September 2002, 01:37 PM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Nick,
That looks bloody awful

Should hopefully get some pics of the Evo before and after the same treatment tonight so I can post them up as well.

Well worth the £26 I spent. (Didn't buy the Scratch X because the scratches in my car are HUGE!!!!)

Andy
Old 26 September 2002, 03:07 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular