Styling Exterior styling

Wagon Saloon Arch Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2020, 09:41 AM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wagon Saloon Arch Conversion

Hi all. I'm getting tempted to do the front and rear saloon arch conversion on my blob wagon. The rear arches need repairing anyway, so I'm thinking it's the perfect excuse to do the saloon arches. I'm looking at the ABW rear arch kit, but I'm wondering how much other stuff I'd need. Obviously front arches, front bumper and rear doors will need changing. I'd guess I also need to do the front and rear arch liners as the wagon ones wouldn't be wide enough? Anything else?
Old 21 August 2020, 09:34 AM
peskett
Scooby Regular

For the front end you'll need front wings, front bumper and arch liners and for the rear you'll need saloon rear doors but swap over to the estate glass, the original rear quarters will need chopping, modifying and welding to meet up with the abw rear quarters and if im correct the abw kit fits with the original estate bumper. Also will either need wider wheel or spacers.
Old 21 August 2020, 09:37 AM
peskett
Scooby Regular

I done mine with steel quarters cut from a scapper but basically done the same other than welding in the rear quarters
https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ide-wagon.html
Old 21 August 2020, 01:11 PM
Dav13s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by peskett
For the front end you'll need front wings, front bumper and arch liners and for the rear you'll need saloon rear doors but swap over to the estate glass, the original rear quarters will need chopping, modifying and welding to meet up with the abw rear quarters and if im correct the abw kit fits with the original estate bumper. Also will either need wider wheel or spacers.
Yea, I contacted ABW and they said their arches use the wagon rear bumper. Didn't think about the glass, good shout.

Originally Posted by peskett
I done mine with steel quarters cut from a scapper but basically done the same other than welding in the rear quarters
https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...ide-wagon.html
Just been through your thread, good work mate. Wanna do mine lol?