Respray

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2018, 07:45 AM
Charlie_89
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Respray

Hello all,

Just looking for opinions on the best way to approach a repray. My car pretty much has scratches on every panel and I want to get it looking brand new. I'm going to get arch extensions soon n my thoughts were to do a bit at a time. So I would do the wings and rear quarter panels when i went the extensions fitted and then save a bit more n to the front, so on and so forth.

What's the best way to repray the car n cost. I'd want to get it done properly. Would my approach of repraying a bit at a time cause problems like colour matching? Would it cost more doing this? The get the best results would you have to remove the original paint first as I've had cars in the past that have had reprays by previous owners and bits started to flake off.
Old 02 June 2018, 01:26 AM
NotFromSomerset
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_89
Hello all,

Just looking for opinions on the best way to approach a repray. My car pretty much has scratches on every panel and I want to get it looking brand new. I'm going to get arch extensions soon n my thoughts were to do a bit at a time. So I would do the wings and rear quarter panels when i went the extensions fitted and then save a bit more n to the front, so on and so forth.

What's the best way to repray the car n cost. I'd want to get it done properly. Would my approach of repraying a bit at a time cause problems like colour matching? Would it cost more doing this? The get the best results would you have to remove the original paint first as I've had cars in the past that have had reprays by previous owners and bits started to flake off.
depends on what your after really. Defiantly have it all sprayed at once if you want a proper job. To do a bare metal strip, panels out, prep and spray your talking serious money.