Styling Exterior styling

Rear window tint help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2016, 12:44 PM
cam87
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear window tint help please!

Just had my rear windows tinted on my blobeye and they have left a 4mm gap around the back 2 window edges. When I found this after I got home I rang them and they said yeah some file them but we don't as the way we do it makes sure the film doesn't peel. Especially with my subaru as they have found in the past the rubber seal removes the tint.
Take it somewhere else or is this true?

Thanks
Old 04 February 2016, 01:56 PM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine was done before I got it but have the full glass done. Previous cars I've had done they have said not to open for a few days to make sure they done peel
Old 04 February 2016, 05:15 PM
t1gger
Scooby Regular

Had my forester done about 3 years ago the tint goes right to the edge of the glass never had a problem only thing I was told was not to clean windows for a couple of days,they also took door cards off to do it
Old 04 February 2016, 06:08 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

No going to help you now, but I actually bought a set of JDM factory Windows second hand for less than the cost of tinting....
Old 04 February 2016, 06:25 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

I'd get them to re do it to the edges as it'll look crap wen windows are down to be honest I've had a few done in the past and yes I got to.d to leave them alone for a day or 2 but always to the edge I reckon they did it so it'll be easier to take the bubbles out
JDM Windows would have defo been a better option tho
Old 12 February 2016, 09:17 AM
cam87
Scooby Regular

sorry for the late reply i have been really busy with work. I took the car to another place the next day as i was not happy with how well they were done in general. I have a little problem with the rear window but its that minute that if i took it back they would think i was off my head
I did think about jdm windows but with the rear wiper installed wehat did you do put a blank in or install the wiper?

thanks
Old 12 February 2016, 10:03 AM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cam87
sorry for the late reply i have been really busy with work. I took the car to another place the next day as i was not happy with how well they were done in general. I have a little problem with the rear window but its that minute that if i took it back they would think i was off my head
I did think about jdm windows but with the rear wiper installed wehat did you do put a blank in or install the wiper?

thanks

I actually installed the rear wiper, its really simple to do with 3 bolts holding it in place.

The challenge is if you want to wire it up and getting it running.. I have done that but wont clog this thread with the process.
Old 21 February 2016, 09:41 PM
cam87
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow
I actually installed the rear wiper, its really simple to do with 3 bolts holding it in place.

The challenge is if you want to wire it up and getting it running.. I have done that but wont clog this thread with the process.
ahh ok i see, thanks