Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2011, 01:01 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lord Triesman's latest comments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9481461.stm

After the Lord Mayors, Sour Grapes ??

Why would a Lord lie, why would he want to look like a fool if all of this was unfounded, got to believe the guy.

I have to ask why not bring this to the fore when he made his original comments, when Panorama and the Sunday Times ran their pieces?

I'm pleased the FA has said it will send evidence to FIFA, although being so corrupt (allegedly) surely they will find a way of explaining it all away and if and when they do I think we should seriously consider leaving FIFA, someone has to leave and others should follow. It's a bloody closed shop like F1, needs to be more transparent, the worst bit is surely the bribes the Qatari's were throwing about. That is a massive allegation, hopefully true so the farce that is FIFA can be brought down and rebuilt.
Old 11 May 2011, 01:02 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by Jack Warner
I hold my head tall because I can stand up and tell the world I never accepted anything.

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner
Because they wouldn't give it to you after you asked for it you thieving b@stard
Old 11 May 2011, 01:35 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9481461.stm

After the Lord Mayors, Sour Grapes ??

Why would a Lord lie, why would he want to look like a fool if all of this was unfounded, got to believe the guy.

I have to ask why not bring this to the fore when he made his original comments, when Panorama and the Sunday Times ran their pieces?

I'm pleased the FA has said it will send evidence to FIFA, although being so corrupt (allegedly) surely they will find a way of explaining it all away and if and when they do I think we should seriously consider leaving FIFA, someone has to leave and others should follow. It's a bloody closed shop like F1, needs to be more transparent, the worst bit is surely the bribes the Qatari's were throwing about. That is a massive allegation, hopefully true so the farce that is FIFA can be brought down and rebuilt.
totally agree. also the way FIFA is structured it makes it almost impossible for somebody to challenge Blatter. If you do then you have a big black mark next to your name and can forget any sort of future with FIFA. The power and financial deals FIFA is part of should be open and transparent. Maybe it's time Governments got involved?
Old 19 May 2011, 10:12 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Good to see the FA growing some pips and making a point and abstaining from the FIFA election