Sport General sport discussion

Gerrard

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2010, 11:38 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gerrard

Does anyone else think he doesnt deserve to go to the world cup? He's had an awful season and played poorly by his standards. Plus with all the outside stuff going on i don't think his head is in it! I just don't think he's justified his place in the side but will probably still go because of who he is, even though his England performances have been poor too!
Old 03 May 2010, 12:01 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's been crap this season

Dont really care if he goes to the world cup as I am not english
Old 03 May 2010, 01:19 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Not sure Gav,I know he's had a shocking season but has he been a victim of being dragged down by the rest of the team.
Old 03 May 2010, 01:51 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

He'll go, the team is still picked by the National press: his will be one of the first names on the team sheet despite poor performances.
Old 03 May 2010, 03:25 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
Not sure Gav,I know he's had a shocking season but has he been a victim of being dragged down by the rest of the team.
I agree with this, at the end of the day if your not enjoying your football you don't play well.

The other side of the coin is who is there that has played better that is english and deserves to go ahead of him?

Barring Lampard and Rooney has any english players played consistantly well?
Most have been injured and in/out of their club side due to form. Gerrard can produce and is a match winner. The old saying 'form is temporary, class is permanent' applies to him.

There won't be a single team in the WC that has a team picked only on this seasons form.

Gerrard not going is as daft as even considering Zamora.

Will Capello have the ***** to play the best engish GK by far this season Joe Hart, of course not.
Aaron
Old 03 May 2010, 03:38 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

He`s having some problems off the field too, in his domestic life...
Old 03 May 2010, 03:48 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

I'm worried about the whole team(apart from Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard).
Old 03 May 2010, 04:06 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hammer man
He`s having some problems off the field too, in his domestic life...
I'm not suprised, thats what happens when you marry someone that uses face paint meant for oompa loompers.

Aaron
Old 03 May 2010, 04:37 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

i can't see the problem with picking the players that have played well and deserve a shot

zamora has had a patchy few years but has been consistant and playing well all year, dawson at spurs never gets a look in, milner is just used as a 'fill in' here and there

it would be nice to see 11 players that are full of confidence and want to do well in the shirt and give their all than the usuals that expect to be given the shirt; ferdinand, terry, lampard etc

vassell would put in a right performance when wearing the three lions.......

capello came in saying big changes would happen and lots of people would get their chance, we're still playing most of the 11 that eriksson used, lampard and gerrard don't work in the same team, we don't have a regular keeper, heskey as our striker yet he can't get a game for villa?!?!?

i think too much pressure has bee put on them all saying this is our best chance to win it, yes we do have a talented squad but we can't make a winning team from it..........
Old 03 May 2010, 05:24 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone
i can't see the problem with picking the players that have played well and deserve a shot

zamora has had a patchy few years but has been consistant and playing well all year, dawson at spurs never gets a look in, milner is just used as a 'fill in' here and there

it would be nice to see 11 players that are full of confidence and want to do well in the shirt and give their all than the usuals that expect to be given the shirt; ferdinand, terry, lampard etc

vassell would put in a right performance when wearing the three lions.......

capello came in saying big changes would happen and lots of people would get their chance, we're still playing most of the 11 that eriksson used, lampard and gerrard don't work in the same team, we don't have a regular keeper, heskey as our striker yet he can't get a game for villa?!?!?

i think too much pressure has bee put on them all saying this is our best chance to win it, yes we do have a talented squad but we can't make a winning team from it..........
Full of confidence until their faced with the best players in world football, the players you mentioned have proved their quality overs 5 or 6 years minimum. I'd rather have players that have had 5 or 6 good seasons and one mediocre season over players that have had 5 or 6 bad seasons then one good season! And lets not forget Zamora hasn't been exactly fantastic and my point over him going is what about the second highest scoring english striker in a very average team?

I agree with Dawson and i would take Milner too, my wild card pick would be A Johnston from City.
Old 03 May 2010, 09:57 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

doesn't have to go but deserves the chance to prove his worth surely???? thought that's what the friendlies are for.........
Old 03 May 2010, 11:09 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Gerrard's got to go - you never know when a DJ might need putting in his place in a shebeen in SA
Old 06 May 2010, 11:06 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

A bit of a rumour flying round about Gerrard at the min, no idea if their is any truth in it.

http://justwagsnews.com/strange-rumo...6-year-old/366
Old 07 May 2010, 12:32 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard all of those rumoursfrom a scouse mate he also mentioned it's common knowledge across the city and Mr gerrard has been living in a hotel for the past 2 months, allegedly