Sport General sport discussion

What about Gerrard on Naysmith????

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2002, 12:22 AM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Gerrard should be made to sleep Wycliffe's missus (vigin ad) for the challenge on that poor lad. It was disgusting and you should be banned till next season[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 24 December 2002, 01:57 AM
Little Miss WRX

As a referee myself, I am stunned at the reaction of the referee and linesmen of that match.
Old 24 December 2002, 09:15 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

alanjack - those sort of tackles go on every weekend in some game or another, you'd end up with no players, if you banned them all 'til the following season. It is only because Gerrard is a high profile player, that it is being highlighted so much. I don't condone two-footed tackles, but unfortunately they will continue to happen!

Old 24 December 2002, 10:50 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

for once i agree with alan jack. that was a terrible tackle.

has he been having lessons from roy keane?
Old 24 December 2002, 11:14 AM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

i am neither everton or liverpool but that tackle was disgraceful , he said on telly that he pulled out of it, yeah right, i think he will get a 3 game ban fot that, its a shame when you think he's probably englands best holding midfielder as well. just hope he don't pull silly stunts playing for england eh ?.
Old 24 December 2002, 12:34 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Why are people going OTT on Gerrard, what I can't understand is the FA only dishing out a small ban for a player who intentionally went out to damage a player for life and he openly admitted it (I call that GBH). Then said player makes loads of money because its published in his book....

Yes bad tackle, and the ref would have sent him off if either he or his assistant had seen it. He will be punished by videa evidence and a fine imposed - what more do you want ? rehab ?
Old 24 December 2002, 12:37 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yawn yawn neilabu!

Two footed tackles where the player jumps into the air with the intention to land on the opposing player are not that common in the Premiership... I can't remember too many.

It is only because Gerrard is a high profile player, that it is being highlighted so much.
Do you say the same when it's Keano?!

Trending Topics

Old 24 December 2002, 12:40 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Oh, it's Mr Ash again! If that 'tackle' was made by, say, another England star Beckham, would you be taking the same view? Would you ****! Tell me Ash, who do you support?
Old 24 December 2002, 12:44 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

You know it might help if you read my emails - thats your first point of misunderstanding.

Somewhere you will see that I've said it was wrong for him to do that and that he will get his punishment.

There are players who do this kind of thing for fun....
Old 24 December 2002, 12:49 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes but my point is if it was Keane or, for that matter, any other United player, you would be calling for a public execution! Well, that's the way you come across...

You've kept me busy at work though so thanks for that and Merry Xmas!
Old 24 December 2002, 01:07 PM
andycrowther
Scooby Regular

seem to remember david beckham sticking an elbow on to a leeds united player earlier this year and getting away scot free....also saw a couple of very debatable everton players tackless....it's a man's game and i do believe that gerrard did try to stop...that's why he didn't actually go through the player....and campbell should have walked for his attitude and raising his hands to another player...instant sending off offence....and how did weir stay on the pitch for a blatant body check?

merry xmas and well done blackburn
Old 24 December 2002, 01:15 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

merry xmas and well done blackburn
I think Blackburn can now expect the Worthy Cup semi's to be a lot tougher than they probably would have been. We know we shouldn't be losing to teams like that and I think, after the weekends result, we will now beat them easily.

If they say that they would prefer to have won that league game rather than move into a Cup Final, albeit the Worthy in which they are the holders, they are Liars.

Roll on the semi's...
Old 24 December 2002, 02:24 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I think the expression on Gerrards face is not one of someone who is pulling out, nor are the clenched fists.

Merry Christmas ash1 you grumpy old ****** new years res for you, see if you can post on a thread which has nothing to do with Man U without bitching about Utd at some point during that post

Happy Christmas ALL and may your footy be good clean and plentyful
Old 24 December 2002, 03:09 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Aren't we forgetting Paul Scholes and some of of his horrendous tackles - every team has a culprit....and you are also not taking into account that this was The Merseyside Derby, where it has always been renowned for dirty play! Remember the bloke with the huge ears [Jeffers - I think] throwing punches at Westerveld?

Red mist descends in these sort of games unfortunately
Old 24 December 2002, 03:24 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Yeah but Gerrard CAN tackle. We all know Scholes CANT!
Old 24 December 2002, 05:29 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

WTF has Scholesy got to do with this?! He isn't a dirty player and certainly doesn't deliberately go in two footed. As STi says, he is just a pretty bad tackler, there isn't much malice involved!

Remember the bloke with the huge ears [Jeffers - I think] throwing punches at Westerveld?
...and Westerveld was innocent in that clash was he? From where I was sitting it looked like half a dozen of one.....

I'm forgetting just how fair, unbiased and impartial we all are!
Old 24 December 2002, 07:05 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Yep you do seem to be in somewhat of a delusional state
Old 26 December 2002, 08:34 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LOL at these posts. Let's keep the partisan comments flying in...

Bad tackle by Gerrard, he deserves a ban for that IMHO

(hopefully the united fans can find nothing to take offence at inthese comments, but.................)
Old 26 December 2002, 10:23 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Well will see how Blackburn fare today then Gotta make the effort to get ready and go. See ya later!
Old 26 December 2002, 02:09 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Cool

Good luck Lynne,

Give them a thrashing ready for when we face them in January in the league and the cup.

Old 26 December 2002, 08:13 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

What a load of rubbish that was [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] lazy overpaid to$$ers [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] 2 fecking points out of 24 - cant see it improving either! Bloody joke!
Old 26 December 2002, 08:29 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Who Blackburn???
Old 26 December 2002, 10:28 PM
Little Miss WRX

Unhappy

I hope Blackburn do remain on a low point as the Villa can't get much lower than they are now and we face them twice next month.

Lynee, at least you drew - Man City 3, Villa 1: poor performance was not the way to describe Villa - totally sh1te.
Old 26 December 2002, 11:13 PM
Little Miss WRX

Lynne - it is 3 points out of 24.

Still not good though
Old 27 December 2002, 12:29 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Houllier is breaking records all the time, its now officially our worst run of games since the early 50's. Thats until the next 2 games (Arsenal and Geordies, both away), that should take him into the 1940's nicely !

He's running out of things to say after the game too - he's already used the world cup fatigue thing a few times, and the other line 'dont forget they are young'

I'm not one to panic, but I feel a twitch in my arm in reaching for that button....
Old 27 December 2002, 09:55 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

It's getting to the stage that the Kop are remaining quiet through a lot of the game because even getting behind the team and cheering them on, makes no difference. It is all so predictible, teams coming to Anfield have sussed out the one-dimensional footie that they play

Old 27 December 2002, 11:57 AM
Little Miss WRX

Unhappy

Aye, even Villa did, but we still managed to **** things up and lose. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 27 December 2002, 01:09 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I was out shopping yesterday and the game was commentary match on Radio 5 live - the commentators also remarked on the lack of noise at the ground.

I don't think its the players at fault too much, after all its the same players who kept us at the top for a while. It has to come down to man management skills and game planning / strategy.

I do think that some players need to be moved out though - Smicer, Traore. I like Carragher, but he only plays in one half of the pitch.

At the moment, our only real ambition is CL next year.
Old 27 December 2002, 01:29 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Add Biscan and bloody Heskey to that list.
Old 27 December 2002, 09:06 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Yes, can't remember last time Heskey hit the back of the net.

Tactics are too negative - playing when you're behind is the most obvious one e.g. Boro, Fulham, Sunderland, Man U and then not killing games off when you're ahead e.g. Blackburn.

Surely it was just a matter of time before the wheels came off.

I'm glad we managed to get 31 points on the board before all this happened, otherwise we'd be down where Leeds were.

Quick Reply: What about Gerrard on Naysmith????