West Ham vs Liverpool

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2008, 07:03 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default West Ham vs Liverpool

what !!!!

Can't believe no-ones posted anything about this ???

lol

Oh the pain ....
Old 31 January 2008, 07:16 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a thread for this stuff but somebody locked it
Old 31 January 2008, 07:42 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

It would've been up to about 50 pages by now
Old 31 January 2008, 07:58 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Old News these days, everyone knows you're shiiiite, no point in posting anymore, talk about SIAL
Old 31 January 2008, 10:53 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

2241: "I think the lack of anything going on at Anfield shows up how ambitious our new owners are... pathetic. It's embarrassing what has happened to our great club that is Liverpool."
NiallSF on 606

2224: "Outside Anfield, I can confirm Quaresma rumour to be true, if that wasn't him leaving he's got a cracking good lookalike!"
Ash, Liverpool, via text
Old 31 January 2008, 11:51 PM
Heard it all before
Scooby Regular

Did you see Phil Thompsons face on Sky

QUALITY

Come on the Irons
Old 31 January 2008, 11:54 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

It's the big 3 now

Trending Topics

Old 01 February 2008, 02:30 PM
Will
BANNED

HA HA
Old 02 February 2008, 02:18 PM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default its official!!!!!!

benitez is not good enough to continue managing liverpool. some of his signings are crap (kuyt, voronin, arbeloa and aurelio). liverpool haven't won a game in the league since boxing day. we have approximately the same points now at this stage as the past three seasons.
i see a very poor team at the moment.
if any other fan reading this decides to have a go at me for writing this, then you need to remove your benitez tinted spectacles. if you say you are not wearing any then you are deluded as benitez.
benitez, the owners and rick parry all need to be removed.
champions league football next season, i don't think so. liverpool at this moment are showing 14th to 20th form. why i am i the only red that seems to be critical of benitez?
by reading the "dead man walking" thread i observed that fans who support other clubs tend to understand what i am trying to say, liverpool fans will not. or is it me who is watching the wrong liverpool all the time?
i agree the players are trying but the quality is not there. benitez must play crouch and torres up front all the time. i'm not a fan of crouch but he scores goals. dirk kuyt for me is the worst 10.5 million pound player ever. he runs about alot but cannot pass or finish, so why does he start more games than crouch? i have not written this to offend anyone, just to make my feelings known.
Old 02 February 2008, 03:07 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

Quote:
2241: "I think the lack of anything going on at Anfield shows up how ambitious our new owners are... pathetic. It's embarrassing what has happened to our great club that is Liverpool."
NiallSF on 606

lol
Wasn't me but made me look twice!
Not sure about ash tho

agree with you Chris
Ive been saying for ages now Crouch should be starting instead of Kuyt
Im blue in the face from saying it to be honest
Old 03 February 2008, 10:36 AM
robbie09
Scooby Regular

Just get behind the manager if you sack him who do you replace him with ?? granted we cant do it in the league but were a different animal in the CL so its not all bad all tho with Inter next its gonna be tough getting into the next round

BTW im a LFC season ticket holder and i dont like Rafa never have just dont like is style but why he is LFC manager he will get 100% backing from me
Old 03 February 2008, 01:30 PM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default Understandable.

Robbie, rafa will only take liverpool in the wrong direction for me. i really hope i'm wrong.
in the second champions league final against ac milan, with thirty minutes left to play. milans back line looked extremely leggy the game was crying out for an injection of pace yet rafa left bellamy on the bench, Why? because of the breach of curfew golf club incident! i firmly believe that if bellamy would have come on liverpool could easily of won that game. rafa let a personal issue come before a managerial decision. totally unacceptable!
there are other managers out there maybe they would fail but i can't see liverpool ever winning the league under benitez who fields players game after game who aren't good enough to pull on the shirt.
voronin.
kuyt.
pennant ( runs about alot can't cross can't score goals, if he's not good enough for the gunners he's not good enough for the reds)
arbeloa.
aurelio.
every time liverpool walk on the pitch i cannot do anything but will everyone to win. i am becoming more and more disheartened when they draw 4 or so games and get stuffed by reading though. its my opinion and i haven't written this to offend. thanks chris.
Old 04 February 2008, 11:06 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

You missed Lucas out of that list Chris, far and away our sh!ttest player IMO, I don't think he's put one decent pass in since he arrived

I have to say I too am starting to get frustrated by Rafa's seeming inability to take us forward

Every time he puts a team together that plays well and scores goals, he takes it apart for the next game and goes with one that's already proven itself not to work

Crouch and Torres need a run of starts together They'll never develop a partnership otherwise
Old 04 February 2008, 11:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Liverpool fans coming to the realisation what every other fan has been telling them the past couple of years......
Old 04 February 2008, 12:01 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

To be fair to Lucas he was played out of position on Saturday, not that excuses his total lack of ball control. Having said that he wasn't the only player out of position and it showed. Personally I have no critisism of Arbeloa, he's played very well every time I've seen him, but Aurelio is another matter. Rafa doesn't seem to know if he's a left back or a winger, same can be said of Riise. Aurelio hasn't been the same since the achilles injury.

Pennant had a good game on Saturday, but still doesn't have the crossing ability we are lacking on the right. We have nobody able to cross from the left at all so we are too predictable to play against.

I think in general its ball control that has been letting the whole side down. Passes are too strong making it hard to pass and move; players are dwelling too long on the ball and giving it away. Lack of confidence is starting to show. When you play with confidence, everything falls into place.

Still too many hangers on that need to go.

Kewell, not back to what he was and needs to be moved on.
Pennant, not good enough for such a critical winger position.
Kuyt, hard working but lacks killer instinct in front of goal.
Voronin, useless. Should go back to Status Quo.
Aurelio, lost pace and confidence since injury.
Hyypia, credit due for his time here, but too slow for us now.
Old 04 February 2008, 12:30 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

It takes time to build a great side.

You're guaranteed to finish 4th and get Champions League football again next year. You're still in Europe and effectively have a bye through to the next round of the FA Cup.

Because of your history you're expectations are too high.
Old 04 February 2008, 01:37 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by TimWRX01
Because of your history you're expectations are too high.
Rubbish, the day they are anything but high is the day they prise the red shirt from my cold, dead hands.
Old 04 February 2008, 02:17 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

They are too high. A vast majority of your fans expect to win the league at the start of every season - or at least compete in a title race.

However there are still three much better teams around and there probably will be for some time - at least until Abramovich gets bored and Chelsea return to mediocrity again.
Old 04 February 2008, 02:35 PM
NAF
Support Scoobynet!

You're guaranteed to finish 4th.

Not so sure about that .....
Old 04 February 2008, 03:49 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

A vast majority of your fans expect to win the league at the start of every season - or at least compete in a title race.
And so they should Why would any supporter go into a season thinking, ooh I hope we come 4th this year. We are no different and expect nothing but the best. Whether it comes true or not is another matter.

Niall - have faith
Old 05 February 2008, 10:21 AM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
And so they should Why would any supporter go into a season thinking, ooh I hope we come 4th this year. We are no different and expect nothing but the best. Whether it comes true or not is another matter.

Niall - have faith
There is a difference between expecting and hoping though.
Old 05 February 2008, 10:57 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Liverpool are still miles away from the required level to be serious about challenging for the prem. Keeper is Ok but I feel lacks the physical size to dominate his area, 'Carra' is not good enough at CB and he's your best defender.

Midfield is strong in the centre but rubbish out wide. The left is no closer to having a decent player out there then 3 or 4 years back, the right is laughable with Pennant. He'd be nowhere near the other top 3's teams. 1 goal is 60+ games tells you all you need to know. Up front they have one decent player in torres. The rest are average to poor. babel may develop into a class forward in a couple of years.

Stop kidding yourselves liverpool fans and realise what the rest of England already know.
Old 05 February 2008, 11:20 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

There is a difference between expecting and hoping though.
Of course there is. We have high standards and expectations. Whether you think they are too high is simply your opinion, not fact as you try and state.
Old 05 February 2008, 12:34 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

I think that it will take a while for Liverpool fans expectations to come down to a more realistic level. I'm sure huddersfield fans, preston fans, etc, all the teams that were once great had fans that for 20 years after being regular league champions kind of thought they should be challenging but slowly but surely their expectations came down, it will happen with Liverpool. (especially when the generation of ex liverpool greats who are in their 40's and 50's slowly exit the sports media realm which they currently dominate to be replaced with the newer more successful ex club players from manu, arsenal etc) and in a not too distance time you'll be hoping that you can compete and better everton, villa, spurs etc.
Club era's come and go, and liverpools is continuing to slide (IMO).

Hope that helps.

Ted
Old 05 February 2008, 12:55 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Helped me Ted. Excellent points and very well made. Thanks
Old 05 February 2008, 01:00 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Mancs
Old 05 February 2008, 01:35 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
Of course there is. We have high standards and expectations. Whether you think they are too high is simply your opinion, not fact as you try and state.
Unrealistic expectations. Before the season starts all the Liverpool fans tell me they are now the best team in England and they will walk the league.

I remember having a bet with one after they beat Crystal Palace 6-1 on or around the start of the season. He said they would definitely finish above United that year.

It's the same every year but by Christmas they all go quiet about the league.
Old 05 February 2008, 01:45 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Unsurprisingly, you obviously associate with the wrong people. Don't tar everyone with the brush. Yet again you fail to grasp the concept of airing your own opinion without trying to make it sound like fact.
Old 05 February 2008, 04:29 PM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

It's not my opinion. It's the opinion of hundreds of match going Liverpool supporters over the years.

It is a fact that every year they tell me they will win the league. It is a fact that every year they don't.
Old 05 February 2008, 04:54 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Your opinion is that you think our expectations are too high. Not fact. Who do you think you are to tell anyone what expectations they should have?

Let me guess, these hundreds of people that you claim to have told you this, are just people on internet forums? Or is it just the voices in your head?

Quick Reply: West Ham vs Liverpool