Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2008, 01:09 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beckham not in squad

BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | Beckham left out of England squad

A real shame for the fella if it's true

David Beckham has been left out of Fabio Capello's first England squad to play Switzerland on 6 February.
It means Beckham will be left still searching for his 100th cap, although Capello has not fully closed the door on the 32-year-old former captain.

Capello, who also dropped Beckham at Real Madrid, is thought to have had doubts over his match fitness.

The Italian will name his provisional party at 1530 GMT on Thursday, with the final squad announced on Saturday.

Old 31 January 2008, 01:48 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I think it's the right thing to do. Capello has to start with strong leadership. This shows that he's only going to pick players on merit. Once Beckham is back playing agan I'm sure he'll be in contention. Capello knows what he's got with Beckham after their time at Real. It's not the end of him for me.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 31 January 2008, 11:53 PM
WR 1mposter
Scooby Regular

Capello was in a no win situation, if he picked DB the "anti beckham" would come out in disgust, and if he did'nt likewise !

I would have liked to see him get his 100th cap, but when you put down the fact that coming on as a sub against Croatia was his last competitive game, he really does'nt deserve to be there !

Bet he wishes he stayed at real madrid for another year to see Steve Mc get the axe, he would have defo been selected, ....

thats living with posh i suppose
Old 01 February 2008, 02:31 PM
Will
BANNED

Off course he isnt in the squad, why whould you pick some one who is **** like beckham
Old 02 February 2008, 05:01 PM
chris1scouser
Scooby Regular

Default becks

its a shame for beckham not to earn his 100 cap. you have to earn your starting position though.
he hasn't done this though, playing keepy uppy on a brazilian beach doesn't really show your ambition. playing mickey mouse football in a mickey mouse league doesn't display your ambitiom either. david bentley would be my choice all the time, excellent crosser has goals in him good with a dead ball and he works hard for the team. consistently better than shaun W-R.
Old 03 February 2008, 11:58 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

I DONT THINK IT IS
it was his decision to go to la to further is image brand and play in a league which is crap, Capello knows all about him from madrd. anyway,

it was him who resigned form england, he could have gone to most of the european leagues and still been immensley popular (especially italy, he would have been two hours away, and could give his kids another lanuguage.
, but he chose to go to the usa, surely he must have known it would finish his england career off.

and what about all the other players waiting for his place? sorry lads your not playin cos this bloke sells more keyrings

i think he will get it later on in the year perhaps a couple more then throw him in the skip.