Old 22 December 2007, 02:54 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I had Arsnal to win 2-1 Adebayour to score 1st 25/1, great pen Keano
Old 22 December 2007, 03:04 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hardly a masterclass from the top team of the premiership though was it, and at home. Only two goals against a team that didn't have a proper defence and a team the woeful Kaboul still manages to find a spot.

Also found it quite sad that the top team yet again fielded a team without any England capped players, indeed any English players that I could see. No wonder the national side can't qualify for Europe.

Thought it was quite a good performance from Spurs considering the hole they have been in for some time. Berbatov, possibly the most laziest player I have ever seen on a pitch.
Old 22 December 2007, 04:06 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Spurs are just toss. Stupid Irish ****
Old 22 December 2007, 05:21 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Cool

Originally Posted by **************
Foreign players all the way for me.
Just the attitude the game needs in England, UK even, after all our home teams failed to qualify for the upcoming Euros

Who's a stupid Irish ****?
Old 22 December 2007, 06:52 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

I haven't bothered to read your reply, save the first line, I know what it'll already say. Suffice to say, when all the top clubs, not just Arsenal, have the majority of their first team foreign players then this will not bode well for the national team, as bourne out by recent events.

You are correct, it is about the FA. However, how you expect these morons, who are in the pocket of Premiership clubs, to care, less do anything about it is beyond me. At least Blatter wants to limit foreign players. Biggest critic, one Mr Arsene Wenger, no surprise there then.

So rejoice Arsenal fan when you win the title next year, but spare a thought for all the England fans who will win sweet FA next summer due to our money obsessed footballing system based on foreign mercenaries.
Old 22 December 2007, 07:56 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

I like it, everyone and their uncle is to blame apart from the teams at the highest levels who don't field a single Englishmen in their sides. Still, being an Arsenal fan you might as well support France next summer, not a total loss

I really hope the 5 foreigners to a team will become law.
Old 22 December 2007, 08:33 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Not fielding a majority of Englishmen on the team? There weren't ANY for Arsenal today. You seriously believe that only a smattering of Englishmen are represented by our very best premiership teams will have NO affect on our national sides performances?

The very fact that football clubs can and do source players from across the globe will have an effect. For every talented Englishman there will be 20 plus equally talended players around the world. When you have a totally open market then obviously our national stock will suffer due to the lack of games they will receive playing at the highest levels as clubs will be chasing the best talent available, which as I've already suggested 19 times out of 20 will be foregin.

Simply mouthing 'grass roots' as an excuse won't cut it when the field is already stacked against a home grown lad making it to a top team and having regular games.
Old 22 December 2007, 08:49 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

I'm a bit lost by this overpriced thing. Surely if they were overpriced then no-one would buy them? The market sets the price, just like anything else.

Part of our problem is that there is so much more money to be earnt here than from any other league which attracts a strong desire for foreigners to work here. It doesn't stop at players either, all the top clubs are foreign owned now and have no 'loyalty' to any English talent for the national good. I'd wager that some chairman of the big clubs know little about football, nor probably care, as their club is an investment vehicle.
Old 22 December 2007, 10:10 PM
sienar33
Scooby Regular

Default We beat the scum 2-1, we beat the scum 2-1, 2-1..

Ok, before I go to watch M0tD (I'm the one "waving" at Robinson in the first half, if you see me) please answer me this question.

Why would you buy a Japanese car, if there are English cars with the same power etc?

We 'ate tot'nerm we 'ate tot'nerm..........
Old 23 December 2007, 10:40 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

dont arsenal have an academy ? they could give local english youngsters a chance.
Old 23 December 2007, 02:02 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sienar33
Why would you buy a Japanese car, if there are English cars with the same power etc?
FWIW I have owned a UK sports car that is much better drive than any Jap car I've owned. Have you?

Quite what owning a Japanese car has got to do with England not qualifying for the Euros escapes me
Old 23 December 2007, 05:57 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I happened to be there and it was fantastic (was in line with the 6 yard box when Bendtner came on and scored).

Who gives a f**k if Tottenham fielded some English players you LOST and that's all that matters to Arsenal.

Also England have won f**k all since 1966 when there were no (or very few) foreign players in the top division i suppose that's Arsenals' fault as well.
Old 23 December 2007, 05:58 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ash1
dont arsenal have an academy ? they could give local english youngsters a chance.
We do indeed, we have 6 English players in the main setup not many but it's a start.
Old 23 December 2007, 07:12 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
I happened to be there and it was fantastic (was in line with the 6 yard box when Bendtner came on and scored).

Who gives a f**k if Tottenham fielded some English players you LOST and that's all that matters to Arsenal.

Also England have won f**k all since 1966 when there were no (or very few) foreign players in the top division i suppose that's Arsenals' fault as well.
But Arsenal have won nothing with all these foreigners yet.
How about a few seasons ago when the whole defence was English, plus Merson and Wrighty. You cant tell me that you would not want to see some English players in the Arsenal side, bought or through the academy
Old 24 December 2007, 12:51 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
But Arsenal have won nothing with all these foreigners yet.
How about a few seasons ago when the whole defence was English, plus Merson and Wrighty. You cant tell me that you would not want to see some English players in the Arsenal side, bought or through the academy

Nope i'm not english so don't care what i want to see is exciting young and new talent to keep the team going if they are english fair enough but clubs are a business and have to make profits Wenger doesn't see English talent that can do it for Arsenal (yet)

But even when Arsenal gave players to the national squad they still won f**k all.

You cannot blame 1 team for the downfall of the national squad,isn't the national squad well equipped enough everybody goes on about how world class Lampard,Gerrard etc are but still cannot qualify for the Euro.

It's not the ability that is lacking just the pride.
Old 24 December 2007, 12:40 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Nope i'm not english so don't care
You being an Arsenal, I didn't think you would be
Old 24 December 2007, 01:17 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
You being an Arsenal, I didn't think you would be

Nice to see you've not commented on the other points
Old 27 December 2007, 11:28 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Nice to see you've not commented on the other points
He's a chelski fan - he can't comment on the lack of pride in Engerlish football as his team are only interested in how much money they can squeeze out of the Russian idiot .

Well done Villa for showing he millionaires what pride is all about
Old 27 December 2007, 11:57 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
He's a chelski fan - he can't comment on the lack of pride in Engerlish football as his team are only interested in how much money they can squeeze out of the Russian idiot .

Well done Villa for showing he millionaires what pride is all about
Well done to the **** for dropping another 2 pts and letting us take back our throne at the top of the Premiership

Simon
Old 27 December 2007, 01:22 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Well done to the **** for dropping another 2 pts and letting us take back our throne at the top of the Premiership

Simon
Told you a couple of weeks ago I'm not premature with anything .

Long way to go. Enjoy your 3 days at the top
Old 27 December 2007, 05:29 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

his team are only interested in how much money they can squeeze out of the Russian idiot .
Yeah, big fat idiot

Alisher Usmanov, The World's Richest People - Forbes.com

142nd richest in the world!!!! call that rich

Well done 'Boro for showing the millionaires what pride is all about
Edited
Old 28 December 2007, 11:29 AM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Merry Christmas Spurs fans
Thanks, seeing Wenger moan as usual after his team failed to beat Portsmouth really made my Christmas. The guy is a legend
Old 28 December 2007, 12:46 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stuart n
Thanks, seeing Wenger moan as usual after his team failed to beat Portsmouth really made my Christmas. The guy is a legend
Yeah - now that Jol's away we aint got anything to look forward to.

Randy Eros doesn't seem to have any sort of personality - is he a deaf mute ?

Quick Reply: 2-1 to the Arsenal lalala