Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Boro Gave Them a Harder Time, Newcastle!

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2005, 10:01 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Boro Gave Them a Harder Time, Newcastle!

We made Sporting Lisbon work for their win ........ you rolled over!

Dear me!!

Come on BORO!!!

Pete
Old 14 April 2005, 10:29 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** off Pete.

At least we had something to play for going into the second leg, more than you *******s had.

Also, at least we got to the 1/4 finals (which ****ty Boro didn't )

However, PS Lewis aside, yet another false dawn for Newcastle United and it's supporters.

I'm 35 but I doubt I'll ever see them win anything especially after tonights's display.

I've been told Gullit said the club was jinxed, and after tonight, you've got to wonder whether it's true.

Still the FA Cup, but who gives us a chance there against ManUre??

Andy

Last edited by Walwal; 14 April 2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 14 April 2005, 10:29 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Angry

You're fooking right there, I'm so angry its unbelievable

UEFA was the most realistic opportunity of some silverware this season.
Man U to destroy us on Sunday

SOUNESS OUT
Old 14 April 2005, 10:57 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

So it's Souness's fault the defense gave the ball away in front of goal and couldn't tackle to save themselves. Oh, and it's Souness's fault Kluivert couldn't pass the ball properly for one of Newcastle's golden chances?

You should be angry; they played cr@p and never took any of their chances - unlike Sporting. Typical supporter blaming the manager for under achieving

Didn't see anything wrong with the Newcastle tactics. They simply didn't play well enough on the night and didn't finish properly in front of goal. You should direct your anger at the £20-50K per week players. It's about time the players were held accountable for under achieving and not just the Manager.

I mean, they get paid huge amounts of money and some can't control a ball properly, can't pass it with accuracy and are afraid to use their weaker feet.

Just some of the reasons I'll not waste £25 of my hard earned money to watch British football.
Old 14 April 2005, 11:11 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

its is souness's fault we were VERY week on the left wing and robert was right in what he said but he sould have kept his gob shut there was NO crosses into the box and thats why big al had a quiet game. they had a week defence and never tested them after dyer went off. andy o'brian was awfull gave the ball away to easy and made silly mistakes. to win anything you need just a little luck, and just a little, unfortunatly the toon has none. pi$$ed it away once again

and pete pi$$ off did'nt see boro in the quarters or beating sporting full stop so stick that in your pipe and smoke it

mike totally gutted
Old 14 April 2005, 11:22 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Never liked Souness and like a lot of fellow Toon supporters and season ticket holders, have never wanted him as manager.

Never the less gave the benefit of the doubt and we giot off to a reasonable start under his regime, all be it with some luck in various games.

Now the honeymoon is well and truely over, I've said it numerous times before and I'll say it now Souness Out

Only pure luck will get us through on Sunday and I bloody hope we will win, for Big Al's sake more then anything.
The only downside to this is that it may prolong Souness being at the club
Old 14 April 2005, 11:33 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

that's the problem with british football; they can't adapt. If they can't cross a ball they should find another job. if the oppositions defense is stopping the crosses, then get the ball to feet.

FFS if someone earning millions per year can't do their job they should get sacked. Can't think of many other sports that would accept that level of incompetence.

It's not just a Newcastle problem, there's loads of British clubs that are too set in their way and can't adapt for European cup level. The premiership is a good league, but it's nowhere near as good as a European level of play. There's a few British clubs that can cope, but further into the tournament their weaknesses are exposed. The exception this year in Europe has been Chelsea. A lot of British clubs play long *****, which IMHO is a cr@p way to play unless it has proper support and the passes are just that - passes with accuracy and not just punts up the park. Chelsea did that style well against Munich because they had players supporting the area where the long ***** was being played.

Liverpool is another team that try it with only Baros up front and is a complete waste of a ball and time. Baros has traditionally played well with running through ***** on the deck or to-feet passing.

You'd think the players and managers were clued-up enough to realise all this. It's not feckin rocket science after all.
Old 14 April 2005, 11:36 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

So, just how many managers will the toon army go through before they realise it's not just the manager that's cr@p??

I've seen Bellamy since he's been in Scotland and I'm not impressed at all. Apart from his pace he's not got that much tallent for a 5 million pound player.

It's about time supporters and clubs woke up to the fact that players aren't delivering skill to justify the amount of money they get paid.
Old 15 April 2005, 06:18 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Poorly played Toon . Was going to be tough enough to beat Man U, but on the back of this result, well.........

Is getting them to the 1/4 and semi finals of cup comps. good enough for Souness to keep his job???? especially on where you are in the league.

Get him out!!!! I think Gordon Strachans your man
Old 15 April 2005, 06:24 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Talking

Originally Posted by pauld37

Get him out!!!! I think Gordon Strachans your man

Superb
Old 15 April 2005, 08:38 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong

Superb
Dont agree then?
Old 15 April 2005, 08:45 AM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

You cannot blame Souness, we got knocked out by a good team, he can only do so much with the players we've got, quite a few of which were carrying injuries.

Players like Robert and kluivert who very rarely give 100% must go!
Old 15 April 2005, 10:04 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

You want Souness out but nobody has had a go at Robert? Crazy! The guy is a bad egg! Who in their right mind comes out with those comments prior to your two biggest games of the season so far?!! What can Souness do? You can't have the tail wagging the dog.

Newcastle are weak at the back. Up front you are too focused on Shearers diminishing powers. All you talk about is how you need to play to suit his game. It should be about the whole team one man.

Roll on Sunday!
Old 15 April 2005, 11:51 AM
Ratman
Scooby Regular

I couldn't believe how fat Kluivert was when he came on. What have you been feeding him on?

Ratman
Old 15 April 2005, 12:21 PM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yet another quality season for the GOON ARMY ooppp'ssssssssss did i say that i ment TOON ARMY !!!!

I must say what a CRAP display last night a sunday league team would have played better

Looking forward to being kicked out of the FA CUP this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON YOU MIGHTY RED DEVILS !!!!!!!!!!

and before anybody say's it we deserved to get beat by NORWICH last weekend as we played CRAP !!!!
Old 16 April 2005, 11:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Walwal
**** off Pete.

(which ****ty Boro didn't )

1 Chelsea
2 Arsenal
3 Man Utd
4 Everton
5 Bolton
6 Liverpool

7 Middlesbrough <<<<<<<< ****ty BORO eh??

8 Tottenham
9 Aston Villa
10 Charlton
11 Man City
12 Birmingham

13 Newcastle <<<<<<<< Har Har Har!!

What a WALLY!!

Pete
Old 17 April 2005, 01:56 AM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

^ Pete as long as your happy and content finishing above us when we've had our 2nd worst ever Premiership season in 10 or so years, changed our manager mid-way through, lost our most effective attacking player through him calling Souness a liar, have had more on-off the field problems than anyone else and have had as many injuries as you over the course of the season then that's good to know
Old 17 April 2005, 09:46 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eldudereno
You cannot blame Souness, we got knocked out by a good team, he can only do so much with the players we've got, quite a few of which were carrying injuries.
Been beaten by so called lesser teams in the league though.
13th in the league for a "big"? club isn't good enough surely?
Old 17 April 2005, 12:57 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

your right paul 13th is'nt good enough thats why we want shot of souness. things have gone from bad to worse not that confidet about the fa cup either..........

Last edited by FASTER MIKE!!; 17 April 2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 17 April 2005, 01:12 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Got my fingers crossed for you
Old 17 April 2005, 04:31 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Can't judge Souness now, he's inherited a team on the decline big time, with lots of off the field problems, there is no quick fix and getting shot of him will set us back even further. And another point is the likes of Martin O'Niell etc hardly jumped at the chance before Souness did. Firstly need to get rid of the players that don't give a toss about the club (Robert, Kluivert, Bellamy, Babayaro, Butt, Viana) then get shot of the players who are definately not good enough (O'Brien, Chopra, Carr) then start afresh and we need a huge investment to get some quality back in the squad and we need strengthened in every department with some established proven players (not ones past it either). Problem is who wants to join a club in turmoil not far off relegation....
Old 17 April 2005, 04:57 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

not to mention one not in europe............