Old 08 March 2005, 09:53 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unlucky Man .U. though sure would of like to have played them at some stage
Old 08 March 2005, 10:17 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

Yeah, they did start well, but I think that the winner should have been discounted owing to Carvalho dragging the keeper around the box...
Old 08 March 2005, 10:34 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Played blues. Scoring 3 against barca in quick succession was very impressive.

Bextait - do you ever praise any other team? The word bitter springs to mind (and I support utd also).

Simon.
Old 08 March 2005, 10:46 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

F**k it, can't fake it anymore, can't pretend on this site to support the other english teams in Europe. absolutely gutted Chelski went through, was so hoping for a barca goal so I could see mourinho's moaning face..

and so happy manure have gone out, seeing fergusmoans face going red...ahh joy.

sorry, please feel free to support BM tomorrow, and lay it on me if (when) we go out.

1 out of 2 are out, I'll take that tonight I guess.
Old 08 March 2005, 11:01 PM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

Yeah, they did start well, but I think that the winner should have been discounted owing to Carvalho dragging the keeper around the box...
Totally agree with this - the goalkeeper was blatantly manhandled, no wonder the Barca players weren't too happy at the end of the game - put the dampers on what was a good game.

Cheers
Old 08 March 2005, 11:13 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It herts to say this but well done chelsea, sheer class and what football is all about.
Old 08 March 2005, 11:30 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

<Devoted United Fan

Am so so pleased Chelsea went through.Barca's arrogance showed at the end, their manager throwing a strop as was Ronaldinho

Proud to be an english football fan tonight, sad about United but we just were not up to the task. Have been to all but a couple home games this season and seen us go from scrapping to get 1-1's to looking a better side and getting stronger but all credit to the blues. They have had such a superb season and I just love to see english teams do well in Europe

Ted Maul, unlike your feelings towards United I truely want you to beat Bayern Munich tommorow and I want Liverpool to progress too....its great for the sport, its great for kids coming through in the game at the clubs and it makes us one of the best leagues in the world. Barca (spains top team) were slaughtered by Chelsea tonight and I loved seeing every one of Mourinhos goals...they deserve it. The spanish press have given Mourinho s**t all week and now its backfired on them.

Im a true football fan, when we play in Europe, when our boys wear the white shirt of our country there is no better feeling for a true football fan.

All credit to the blues, they have done us very very proud
Old 09 March 2005, 12:22 AM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just got home from the game . Quite simply that was the best, and most emotional game I've ever attended. Been going to Chelsea for 33 years now, and seen us win cup finals, but tonight was something special. Maybe it was the quality of the opposition, maybe it was because we came from behind (twice effectively after losing the away leg).

Fair play to all non-Chelsea fans who are pleased we're through . I'm sorry to see United go out tonight , and hope both Arsenal and Liverpool progress tomorrow. Lets make the Premier league the dominant force in Europe!!! I don't want to see a host of Italian and Spanish teams get through to the final rounds!

My throat hurts from shouting myself silly, my head aches as I start to sober up, but I'm delirously happy. Nights like tonight compensate for the bad times

Mark
Old 09 March 2005, 12:34 AM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

Liverpool should go through if they hold it together for the entire game and not get caught out late on. Arsenal on the other hand have a much harder job, especially if Henry goes AWOL again for the big game.
There are still some brilliant teams left in, and I wouldn't mind a Chelsea-AC final if the draw allows, as that will be a cracker if it happens.
Old 09 March 2005, 05:30 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BexTait
Here we go, grizzling already
Old 09 March 2005, 08:58 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by BexTait
Kinda balances out the shocking refereeing decisions made at the Neu Camp though doesn't it

Just gotta hope Liverpool can hold it together tonight now, at least the Australian f**kwit is injured & Dudek is back

PS Have to say John Terry was immense last night, as he has been most of the season. His place in the England squad should now be more secure than Owen or Beckham imo
Old 09 March 2005, 09:01 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
F**k it, can't fake it anymore, can't pretend on this site to support the other english teams in Europe. absolutely gutted Chelski went through, was so hoping for a barca goal so I could see mourinho's moaning face..

and so happy manure have gone out, seeing fergusmoans face going red...ahh joy.

sorry, please feel free to support BM tomorrow, and lay it on me if (when) we go out.

1 out of 2 are out, I'll take that tonight I guess.
Finally someone else who speaks with honesty. Can't believe the rent boys went through, we (United) didn't play well enough to deserve it but I'd rather the dippers went through than Chelski.
Old 09 March 2005, 09:32 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Thumbs up

Isn't it ironic that a Chelsea player(Crespo) effectively knocked out Man Utd

Well Done Chelsea by the way, cracking game indeed
Old 09 March 2005, 10:43 AM
baz sti 8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
<Devoted United Fan

Am so so pleased Chelsea went through.Barca's arrogance showed at the end, their manager throwing a strop as was Ronaldinho

Proud to be an english football fan tonight, sad about United but we just were not up to the task. Have been to all but a couple home games this season and seen us go from scrapping to get 1-1's to looking a better side and getting stronger but all credit to the blues. They have had such a superb season and I just love to see english teams do well in Europe

Ted Maul, unlike your feelings towards United I truely want you to beat Bayern Munich tommorow and I want Liverpool to progress too....its great for the sport, its great for kids coming through in the game at the clubs and it makes us one of the best leagues in the world. Barca (spains top team) were slaughtered by Chelsea tonight and I loved seeing every one of Mourinhos goals...they deserve it. The spanish press have given Mourinho s**t all week and now its backfired on them.

Im a true football fan, when we play in Europe, when our boys wear the white shirt of our country there is no better feeling for a true football fan.

All credit to the blues, they have done us very very proud
spoken like true FOOTBALL fan, i always like to see british football doing well in europe, hats off to you m8

baz (welsh chelsea fan )
Old 09 March 2005, 11:04 AM
Rumplestiltskin!
Scooby Regular

I am a Man U fan & hate Chelsea....but I have to say well done to a great preformance last night - very impressive indeed Chelsea.

Special mention to Ronaldinho's goal - it was pure class.

Man U played sh1te over both legs & deserved to go out.
Old 09 March 2005, 01:07 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo! Well done Chelsea!!!
Old 09 March 2005, 01:09 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Nothing like inept refereeing seeing the blues good again - Money seems to buy so much...
Old 09 March 2005, 01:13 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Nothing like inept refereeing seeing the blues good again - Money seems to buy so much...
Same old ****
Old 09 March 2005, 02:09 PM
soup dragon
Scooby Regular

Jealousy or sour grapes, maybe even both. Inept refereeing was rife in the 1st leg, all of it against the blues.
One decision goes our way, and all the ar*eoles come out the woodwork.

STFU and take a pill.
Old 09 March 2005, 02:18 PM
baz sti 8
Scooby Regular

bitter and twisted me thinks
Old 09 March 2005, 02:29 PM
soup dragon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
LOL yeah the one decision that counts and is in the dieing minutes of the game that decides the result. What a way to win eh?

As for ar*eholes you clearly are one if you have to resort to name calling just because some people like to point out that Chelski won by means of a very bad refereeing mistake
LOL. I put your outburst down to nerves and the impending game you have later.
My arguement was that due to bad refereeing in the 1st leg, we may not have been in the position to have needed a "dodgy" goal in the dieing minutes. As I said, bad refereeing works both ways, surely you must know that being a gooner.
Old 09 March 2005, 03:18 PM
soup dragon
Scooby Regular

Nervous? Nope, we know we are **** this season and wont got through tonight, too many key players out (Campbell and Gilberto being massive blows to our defence) and no one to fill their places with the experience thats needed.

I think what people were annoyed about by the 'dodgey' goal was the nature of the offence. A bad tackle or being taken down by the last defender is one thing but to deliberately put your hands around the goalkeeper for a corner is outright cheating by the Chelski player who did it.
Agree with your player probs, your defence is suspect without campbell etc. But you never know, stranger things have happened.

Back to the winning goal, the way I see it after many replays is, carvalho did have his arm on the keepers arm, but certainly not enough for him to hit the deck, bear in mind the size of the keeper, these aint schoolboys, and should have the strength to have shrugged him off. The keeper realised he would not have got to the ball and fell over, which is trying to cheat the ref for a free kick.
Now I know I am a chelsea fan and would say these things, but have spoken to a few people this morning that have agreed, including a Manc fan, which was surprising.

Anyway good luck for tonight, you never know, you may get a "dodgy" decision go for you
Old 09 March 2005, 04:32 PM
soup dragon
Scooby Regular

LOL i'll eat my hat the day we get a 'dodgy' decision go our way, especially if it gives us a win

We have a good record against German clubs at home but I think that may falter tonight. I wont be that upset as it means Wenger will have to spend that 30mil he has been promised on some decent names this summer and strengthen the squad!
I shall be watching closely tonight, and if there is a dodgy one, I wanna see pics in the morning of you with half a stetson hanging out your mouth

And BTW, you aint having Cudicini, well you can for 30mil
Old 09 March 2005, 04:37 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

LOL i'll eat my hat the day we get a 'dodgy' decision go our way
ROFL this link must be your best friend

Quick Reply: Well done Chelsea