Sport General sport discussion

Thierry Henry

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2005, 11:45 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thierry Henry

amongst all the turmoil we gooners are going through at the moment (so nicely listed by Funkii Munkii at least we have basically the best footballer in the world over the last 2 years pledging his love. no moaning, always modest and humble, a true professional, never drinks, looks after himself, liked by everyone, every team would want him in their side, us gooners really don't know how lucky we are to have him. just thought I'd share that with you boys..

Ted
Old 16 February 2005, 11:54 PM
Badone
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
amongst all the turmoil we gooners are going through at the moment (so nicely listed by Funkii Munkii at least we have basically the best footballer in the world over the last 2 years pledging his love. no moaning, always modest and humble, a true professional, never drinks, looks after himself, liked by everyone, every team would want him in their side, us gooners really don't know how lucky we are to have him. just thought I'd share that with you boys..

Ted
Absolutely agree.
Old 16 February 2005, 11:56 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

who's your team badone?
Old 17 February 2005, 03:10 AM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

liked by everyone
I think he's an arogant ***** who rates himself far higher than everyone else does. So
Old 17 February 2005, 08:32 AM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

OK, I'll rephrase
liked by everyone who matters
Old 17 February 2005, 08:51 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

liked by everyone, every team would want him in their side,

Ted
I can't stand the goona personaly, think he is arogant and there is no way I would want to see him play at White Hart Lane

Strictly a no goona policy at WHL

I am quite happy to stick with watching Defoe , only a matter of time before he is better than Terry Henry

Mark.
Old 17 February 2005, 09:08 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Ted
Modest? Humble? ROFLMAO! Are you talking of the same arrogant sod that poses so delightfully after each goal? The same one who insists he and his team are the greatest ever, despite the failure to win back to back championships? The same "best player in the world over the last 2 years" who fails to show up for any big games?

As you say down there in cockernee land "You're aviiin a giraaaaffe".

Saying that though, I would still have him in our team, but I wouldn't swap Ruud for him.

PS for true professional see Olé Gunnar Solskjaer
Old 17 February 2005, 09:49 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I think where Henry has gone wrong is he started to believe his own hype. Class player though.
Old 17 February 2005, 10:53 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Class in nothing games. Goes AWOL for France and any important games.
Old 17 February 2005, 10:54 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
there is no way I would want to see him play at White Hart Lane

Old 17 February 2005, 11:24 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Class in nothing games. Goes AWOL for France and any important games.
No competative game is a nothing game Matt. I agree though when you want your big players to stand up and be counted Henry tends to go missing.

I actually think his arrogance will be his downfall. Greatness brings arrogance and always has done but it has to be tinged with humilty. I don't see that with Henry. I think that will be why he will never be considered a great
Old 17 February 2005, 11:29 AM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

All I can say is TO$$ER!!!

Arrogant $hit bag who thinks he's the best.
Drives a feckin' Clio! VaVaVoom give me a break

Ruud Ruud Ruud
Old 17 February 2005, 11:35 AM
burgers22
Scooby Newbie

I can't stand the goona personaly, think he is arogant and there is no way I would want to see him play at White Hart Lane

Mark.
Like he'd come & play for you anyway........................

MB
Old 17 February 2005, 11:52 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

PSML at all these "Ruud Boys" complaining about the arrogance of Henry .
Old 17 February 2005, 11:54 AM
mudfrog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by burgers22

MB
Nah he would miss his other french tosser (I think i'm hard Viera) buddy.
Old 17 February 2005, 12:00 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to be of service Ted

I'll sit on the fence for this one.

Somedays he is different gravy and a joy to watch and on other occassions he does go missing, especially in the big games and that is where you have to be at your best, he has let the **** and France down in too many of their big games.

And yes he is an arrogant ****** but most of the best sportsman are, you have to be, Cantona, Shearer legends but both up them selves
Old 17 February 2005, 12:57 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

I seem to remember him being quite useful away at Inter when we HAD to win, and this season he did score 2 against Chelski when it mattered...to name but 2 games.

LOL, Solskaer a true professional?? this the same bloke who took a dive to get Sol banned for the run in and FA cup final, the same bloke who happily rotted on the bench/stiffs for 8 years rather than prove himself somewhere, just so he could tuck away his 40K a week...

as for Ruud comments, the Ruud v Henry competition of a couple of years ago is over chaps. Henry won, end of.

ted
Old 17 February 2005, 01:11 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

I seem to remember him being quite useful away at Inter when we HAD to win, and this season he did score 2 against Chelski when it mattered...to name but 2 games.

LOL, Solskaer a true professional?? this the same bloke who took a dive to get Sol banned for the run in and FA cup final, the same bloke who happily rotted on the bench/stiffs for 8 years rather than prove himself somewhere, just so he could tuck away his 40K a week...

as for Ruud comments, the Ruud v Henry competition of a couple of years ago is over chaps. Henry won, end of.

ted
Well one proper goal anyway . Agree with you Ted, Henry a class act, light years ahead of RNV, and Drogba, I guess
Old 17 February 2005, 01:35 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

ted
Wow, do you really believe any of what you just wrote?

LOL
Old 17 February 2005, 01:36 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by burgers22

MB
He could come and clean Defoe's boots for him

"Hey Bobby, what's the French for four two"
Old 17 February 2005, 02:13 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

He could come and clean Defoe's boots for him

"Hey Bobby, what's the French for four two"
just like my scum supporting mates, can only use examples that don't include your own team. whats the french for 5-4?

angrynorth - I HONESTLY believe every word I wrote, and I HONESTLY could not believe that you wouldn't swap ruud for him, and I HONESTLY don't believe Solskaer is a true professional by the things I pointed out. Get this, I really thought that people would agree with my views on Henry..

Wow - football eh? talk about blinkered biased views we all hold...
Old 17 February 2005, 02:19 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

The Solskjaer one is the funniest. Dived? LOL! Ashley Cole, now that's diving.

No, I would not swap Europes most consistently strong and reliable goalscorer like Ruud* who plays well in almost all circumstances for a fickle showboating Frenchman, who is admittedly a great player but he just doesn't have the desire or fight to "do it" when things aren't going his way.

*The only player to score double figures in 2 seperate European championships
Old 17 February 2005, 02:39 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Smile

just like my scum supporting mates, can only use examples that don't include your own team. whats the french for 5-4?

Wow - football eh? talk about blinkered biased views we all hold...
Why would we want to know what 5-4 is in French when we have a squad with a lot of English players in it ???

And it only becomes sooo funny when you get trounced at home by one of the other big teams because you lot build the game up so much with constant arguments with other teams / managers because you lost, Imagine how much wenger would have moaned if the Mendes "Goal" had happened to the scum!!!

That's the beauty of football, that's why we are all so passionate about our teams, it would be boring without all the banter

Mark.
Old 17 February 2005, 02:58 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

as an outsider with an unbiased veiw personally Id suggest Henry as the better player by a country mile. RVN is a goal hanger. TH is a playmaker and a goal scorer rolled into 1. agree he is very arrogant but isnt that just his french blood showing theyre all like that no?
Old 17 February 2005, 03:23 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by davegtt
as an outsider with an unbiased veiw personally Id suggest Henry as the better player by a country mile. RVN is a goal hanger. TH is a playmaker and a goal scorer rolled into 1. agree he is very arrogant but isnt that just his french blood showing theyre all like that no?
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good bun-fight

The "Ruud" boys will move onto someone else when Ruud Sells out to the highest bidder - These nancy boys used to harp on about how great Beckham was til he went to Real (oh - and they'll all respond here with "We didn't like Beckham anyway - he's more concerned about his media appeal than footie").

As for the Spurs fans - Well they're just bitter cos they've been following ****e for the last 20 years and no-one outside of Engerland knows who they are .

Defoe is OK mind - no doubt he'll follow Sol over to a decent team in the near future
Old 17 February 2005, 05:00 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Goal hanger, well said that man. Is'nt it a fact that RNV has not scored a goal outside the penalty area? (cue Angrynorth with all the facts and figures )
Old 17 February 2005, 05:07 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The "Ruud" boys will move onto someone else when Ruud Sells out to the highest bidder
Unlikely Jasey, Rudd said this afternoon he will finish his career at Utd

Good Lad

I'm not going to get into whos better we've been there and done that already, but I'd love to see them in the same team, which will never happen unless your lot become the new Leeds, which afterall is a possibility
Old 17 February 2005, 05:08 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Goal hanger, well said that man. Is'nt it a fact that RNV has not scored a goal outside the penalty area? (cue Angrynorth with all the facts and figures )
"I feel at home in a place with such strong traditions. I don’t see why I shouldn’t spend the rest of my playing days here. The moment I had signed my five-year contract at Manchester United the chairman at the time, Martin Edwards, took me to the boardroom where a directors' meeting was in progress.

"'Gentlemen', he said when he opened the door, 'may I present to you our new centre-forward, Ruud van Nistelrooy'. They all stood and congratulated me. I shook hands with all of them, Sir Bobby Charlton last of all. When he said: 'Glad you're finally here, son', I got goose bumps all over my body."

"I drive down the A56 straight to Old Trafford. Between two church towers in the distance, I can already see the two biggest stands. When I close my eyes, I can recall that mental picture no matter where I am.

"I turn into Sir Matt Busby Way and cross the square full of fans. Whenever a player's car passes, the square bubbles with excitement. Through a crowd of thousands of people I make it to the players' car park. Every match the people are there again. And they were already there when George Best and Bobby Charlton were playing for the club.

"When I was younger, I tended to want to score beautiful goals, you know. The esthetics seemed more important than the result. A funny thing happened once. Ruud Gullit did his coaching apprenticeship at one of my former clubs, Heerenveen, when I was playing there. I remember lobbing a shot that hit the crossbar and proudly looked at Gullit: 'Nice one, eh?'

"All he said was: 'It certainly was nice, but it should have gone in.' Although it was simple, he was right - he was absolutely right.

"I never for a minute think things will happen naturally. Nothing comes naturally to me. I do not belong in that exceptional class of player that can operate occasionally at less than 100 per cent. I know I would not get away with that.

"I have that same drive every time. Giving less then 100 per cent is not really an option for me. As the years have gone by, I have started to take football more and more seriously.

"I try to do the maximum for every match. I work hard, I train hard and I prepare myself in detail for every game. I do everything to create the perfect circumstances to perform as well as possible."
Old 17 February 2005, 05:22 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
See STis post, that is of course unless you still can't see past your nose.

Doesn't matter how they are scored, just "if" they are scored.
Old 17 February 2005, 05:22 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Hand me a bucket someone

Quick Reply: Thierry Henry