Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Chelseas illegal tapping

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2005, 02:37 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chelseas illegal tapping

So it would seem Ashley Cole is about to become a Chelsea rent boy thanks to the russian teams illegal approach.
having read the Premier League rules punishment can go from "reprimand" all the way through to points deduction and expulsion from the league all together...
What will happen to Chelsea..... Diddly Squat...Reprimand at best thanks to the influence of the evil gnome and his billionaire controller and the sway they hold over the Premier League Puppets...AArrgghh
Old 06 February 2005, 02:58 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It happens all the time and every club/manager is guilty of it. This is just high profile. No story for me but you obviously live in the world of Tabloid headlines.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:02 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Bit harsh that STi. You can be sure that if this were to have been Fergie/United doing the tapping up, documentaries would have been made, points deducted, managers imprisoned and scorn poured on.

Unfortunately though you are right it does go on all the time, from all teams and it truly blows *****. I think there should be some form of punishment but I wouldn't want to see points deducted.

Last edited by angrynorth; 06 February 2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:15 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I don't think so. Do you not think Fergie 'tapped up' Rio from Leeds? Cause he did. He did it with Ruud as well. It's good management. Chelsea know Cole wants more money from Arsenal so they are just oiling the cogs now to get the move. I'm not saying it's right but it's the way things are done. I know managers of pub teams who 'tap up' players.

I hate the media bandwagon around football and it's people who buy into the cr@p they print that make it worse.

Remember the start of the season? The press had Arsenal as 'The Greatest Team in the world EVER' now look at what they say.
Old 06 February 2005, 04:28 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angrynorth
I think there should be some form of punishment but I wouldn't want to see points deducted.
Thanks for that angrynorth
Old 07 February 2005, 05:14 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I don't like the points deduction idea much. If we went on to win the title after Chelski have had pionts docked, then it wouldn't be fair, and the title wounld be rather meaningless, unless the gap was coniderably more than the points deducted.
Old 07 February 2005, 07:07 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't want a tainted title

It's far more fun watching them implode a la Newcastle/Arsenal

But I doubt Chelsea will crumble because of the quality in depth of their squad and, I hate to say it, Mourinho.

Trending Topics

Old 07 February 2005, 08:51 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Chelsea have done very well over the last two seasons, in my opinion this season they deserve the title more than us and Arsenal.

At the start of the season Chelsea were beating (easily) the lesser sides (with many players out injured like Robben etc) and we were only just managing to scrape messy last minute draws. Watching United is stressful in the first half of a season and during the second half then and only then do we seem to be all guns blazing.

Hats off if Chelsea win it (so long as its not Arsenal) and I will be the first to congratulate them.

However, as for the "tainted title" tag. At the end of the day we won the "Champions League" having qualified by finishing second (only really first of the losers in my eyes) the season before

So however we win it,if we do. Simply put, it dont matter.

If we catch Cheslea we would have shown great spirit and determination to have turned our season around.

We were mid season loooking pretty pants at one stage.

On another note.
Jose is a seriously good manager, I'd have him at United! He'd be perfect. What other Premiership manager congratulates BOTH sets of players after EVERY game be it either win lose or draw? Says it all for me. The blokes got class and is a great advert for football in this country.

Just hope Glazer dont buy us up

Yours
Up-beat and feeling good United Shareholder
Old 08 February 2005, 01:39 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Don't want a tainted title

It's far more fun watching them implode a la Newcastle/Arsenal

But I doubt Chelsea will crumble because of the quality in depth of their squad and, I hate to say it, Mourinho.
LOL, conveniently forgot your own implosion in 1998...