Talking Bye Bye Djemba-Djemba

You were pony

Ohh they must be chuffed at Villa Park, not LOL
Old 31 January 2005, 11:26 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news! Villa prove again they are a club with no ambition! ha ha

PS How good is Ronaldo looking at the mo. I'll say it again. The lad is pure class!
Old 31 January 2005, 11:46 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Back to his best and Rooney seems to be making an effort these days as well
Old 31 January 2005, 06:09 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Djemba Djemba - so lame they shot him twice - well they didnt but maybe they should - Seriously I thought we'd signed him from Harchester United by mistake
Just Kleberson and Bellion to go now....
Old 31 January 2005, 11:12 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Djemba Djemba - so lame they shot him twice - well they didnt but maybe they should - Seriously I thought we'd signed him from Harchester United by mistake
Just Kleberson and Bellion to go now....
Djemba squared and Kleberson have been utter crap. The few times Ive seen Bellion hes been pretty good - at least hes got some pace.

Simon.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:32 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Er, with all due respect Djemba-Djemba is a good player. He was the shining star in the confederations cup in 2003, playing a belter in the final where Marc Vivien Foe died

Granted he did not work too much magic at United but he was up against the best midfielders in the game when he joined. He was well liked and respected within the team and was always giving 100% in training, often more so than other "seasoned" players.

But, Karel Poborsky was one of the best players of Euro 96 (the lob anyone) and Fergie thought that would make him a good United player

I am sure he will prove how good he can be at Villa. Best of luck to him.

At the end of the day it opens us up for another midfielder as by god we know we need someone to fill Roys boots properly

As for Ronaldo he is the highest dribbler and runner in the premiership and Roy Keane is the best passer of the ball (he doesnt run much anymore as anyone who goes to united will probably agree) so there is no suprise there!

Interestingly we have the most shots, and Stewart Downing (who I personally think will end up at United) has provided the most crosses...which was something Beckham was always up there top of the Opta stats.
Old 01 February 2005, 07:07 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
Er, with all due respect Djemba-Djemba is a good player. He was the shining star in the confederations cup in 2003, playing a belter in the final where Marc Vivien Foe died

Granted he did not work too much magic at United but he was up against the best midfielders in the game when he joined. He was well liked and respected within the team and was always giving 100% in training, often more so than other "seasoned" players.

But, Karel Poborsky was one of the best players of Euro 96 (the lob anyone) and Fergie thought that would make him a good United player

I am sure he will prove how good he can be at Villa. Best of luck to him.

At the end of the day it opens us up for another midfielder as by god we know we need someone to fill Roys boots properly

As for Ronaldo he is the highest dribbler and runner in the premiership and Roy Keane is the best passer of the ball (he doesnt run much anymore as anyone who goes to united will probably agree) so there is no suprise there!

Interestingly we have the most shots, and Stewart Downing (who I personally think will end up at United) has provided the most crosses...which was something Beckham was always up there top of the Opta stats.
Ronaldo is most definetely skilled and has a good work rate. He just needs to learn to shoot and hold the ball better. Hes too easy to take off the ball.

Simon.
Old 01 February 2005, 07:33 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

King Eric I sort of agree with your sentiments re DD, he had an impressive tour of the states on his debut season, I was really looking forward to seeing him in the prem but he just couldnt hack it, too many poorly timed challenges, wayward passes, blasts over the bar, just not good enough, although like you I hope he makes it at Villa, I have every faith in him, he'll probably stand out in that team

Yeah Downing is certainly one who looks like he has a very promising future, whether he has what Fergie is looking for (long term Giggs replacement?) who knows, maybe he isnt good enough.

Now we've got rid of DD we will hopefully see more of Liam Miller, for me he has shown more promise than DD did but can look very lost at times.
Old 01 February 2005, 10:00 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Ronaldo is most definetely skilled and has a good work rate. He just needs to learn to shoot and hold the ball better. Hes too easy to take off the ball.

Simon.
Simon, He's getting stronger all the time and he's able to ride a challenge better. In the past month or so he's even starting to knock players off the ball using a good old shoulder barge which is a sign he is adapting to the Prem. Granted he does still go down too easily but he runs at such pace and is always looking to change direction that even a slight knock or clip of his heals can send him to the floor but the ref will not give the foul. That has happened a lot of late.

I've said since day one of seeing him that when he is 25/26 he will be in the top 3 players in the world.
Old 01 February 2005, 10:02 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
King Eric I sort of agree with your sentiments re DD, he had an impressive tour of the states on his debut season, I was really looking forward to seeing him in the prem but he just couldnt hack it, too many poorly timed challenges, wayward passes, blasts over the bar, just not good enough, although like you I hope he makes it at Villa, I have every faith in him, he'll probably stand out in that team

Yeah Downing is certainly one who looks like he has a very promising future, whether he has what Fergie is looking for (long term Giggs replacement?) who knows, maybe he isnt good enough.

Now we've got rid of DD we will hopefully see more of Liam Miller, for me he has shown more promise than DD did but can look very lost at times.
Robben was the ideal replacement for Giggs and we missed out on him because they wouldn't pay the going rate.
Old 01 February 2005, 11:06 AM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

I'd rather have Van De Vaart over Robben. Now thats a serious talent waiting to be snatched up. I reckon United could go after him
Old 01 February 2005, 12:06 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

For me 18 months ago we signed a bunch of young crocks in the hope of them developing into great players... Djemba x 2, Bellion, Miller are all erroneous purchases who will amount to nothing IMO, we're just spoling them before they become regular first teamers in mid table teams.
There's so much talent coming through the reserves now (from the live games I watch on mutv) that we dont need to spend millions on nothing more than squad players. No matter how nice a person Djemba x4 and halved was, he couldnt do anymore than pass the ball back to the person who'd passed to him (and that was only if the distance was no more than 6 yards)...
Van der Fart does indeed look promising - he's in his second season at Man U on my CM5 game and has settled in well...
P
Old 01 February 2005, 07:40 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Robben was the ideal replacement for Giggs and we missed out on him because they wouldn't pay the going rate.
Agreed, gutted when he signed for Chelsea, he was all ready to come to us but money talks and bull**** walks as they say, another one we should have got was Duff and he would have come , Kenyon didnt help matters, so tight fisted when he was at Utd, Ronaldinho for instance .

Personally I think it's an absolute disgrace that Giggsy is only being offered a one year extension, let me think 20 years service, most decorated player in the premiership, different class for so many seasons and the reward for all of this is one year, I dont care what the policy is for over 30's, you make exceptions for players like Giggsy because players like him dont come around too often !
Old 02 February 2005, 07:32 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Angry

Personally I think it's an absolute disgrace that Giggsy is only being offered a one year extension, let me think 20 years service, most decorated player in the premiership, different class for so many seasons and the reward for all of this is one year, I dont care what the policy is for over 30's, you make exceptions for players like Giggsy because players like him dont come around too often !
Giggsy proving once more last night that the money men at old T are clueless

give him a 3 year deal NOW
Old 03 February 2005, 05:08 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

A one year deal is a great idea - he's always played out of his skin when contracts talks are abound - give him two years and watch the form dip... I love the guy (in a non gay way) but am chuffed to bits were only offering one year at a time...
Ronaldhino wouldnt have come to us - wanted the party boy lifestyle too much - nothing to do with Kenyon IMO - oh and I do hate the bald judas barsteward!!
As for Roben - yip as if the extra 10k a week will make a massive difference to his lifestyle - let the bull**** walk - shame Richardsons taking so long to come good... He got 4 sweet assists for the reserves last week but just not quite top drawer... Shame...
P
Old 03 February 2005, 06:59 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

shame Richardsons taking so long to come good... He got 4 sweet assists for the reserves last week but just not quite top drawer... Shame...
Could be why Fergie sent him to West Brom, to improve and to help Robbo keep WBA up
Old 04 February 2005, 06:00 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

I'd rather have Van De Vaart over Robben. Now thats a serious talent waiting to be snatched up. I reckon United could go after him
Old 04 February 2005, 12:32 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Pauld37, so why the funny smiley?

Do you know much about Van De Vaart?

Take a look here http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL.../Player=47516/

7 in 24 last season

Last edited by King Eric; 04 February 2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04 February 2005, 01:02 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Pauld37, so why the funny smiley?

Do you know much about Van De Vaart?

Take a look here http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL.../Player=47516/

7 in 24 last season
No, no, he seems a very good player from what I have seen, the smiley was refering to the fact that Robben chose Chelsea over Utd, money reasons or not, however he seems to have made the right choice
Old 04 February 2005, 01:48 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

He went to Chelsea thanks to the evil gnome. Doesn't really worry me though because another transfer he borked for us will most likely destroy your lot soon. My Ronaldhino

You've got plenty of Kenyons antics left to deal with yet, to be honest, losing Robben was a price worth paying for getting that bald turd off our board.
Old 04 February 2005, 04:39 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angrynorth
He went to Chelsea thanks to the evil gnome. Doesn't really worry me though because another transfer he borked for us will most likely destroy your lot soon. My Ronaldhino

You've got plenty of Kenyons antics left to deal with yet, to be honest, losing Robben was a price worth paying for getting that bald turd off our board.
Whatever
Old 13 April 2007, 11:05 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Simon, He's getting stronger all the time and he's able to ride a challenge better. In the past month or so he's even starting to knock players off the ball using a good old shoulder barge which is a sign he is adapting to the Prem. Granted he does still go down too easily but he runs at such pace and is always looking to change direction that even a slight knock or clip of his heals can send him to the floor but the ref will not give the foul. That has happened a lot of late.

I've said since day one of seeing him that when he is 25/26 he will be in the top 3 players in the world.
Old 13 April 2007, 11:44 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Old DD is now on loan at Stoke of all places, I will have to remind King Eric of his comments in this thread lol.

Ronaldo will be in the top 5 all time greats when he retires, there is nothing missing from his game whatsoever.
Old 13 April 2007, 11:50 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Old DD is now on loan at Stoke of all places, I will have to remind King Eric of his comments in this thread lol.

Ronaldo will be in the top 5 all time greats when he retires, there is nothing missing from his game whatsoever.
Stoke will have anybody on loan!
Old 21 April 2007, 11:31 AM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Stoke will have anybody on loan!
Stoke are Villa's feeding and loan club lol

All the has been's ending up there