Sport General sport discussion

Newcastle 'fine' Bellamy £80000

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2005, 12:56 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newcastle 'fine' Bellamy £80000

I don't get it. How can Newcastle United fine an employee £80,000? Can my employer fine me 2 weeks wages if I call the boss a twit? Do footballers sign really ill-advised contracts. How will the fine be enforced? Can anyone shed any light?

PS Not really interested in the football angle, just how the employer/employee relationship stacks up.
Old 26 January 2005, 01:03 AM
andym172
Scooby Regular

I think it's more an agreement between the FA and the PFA. In no way fact, just my interpretation of it...
Old 26 January 2005, 03:42 PM
richiewong
Twatful

No idea but its only 2 weeks wages to him

Probably something in the contract regarding this as players are having too much say in how the clubs are run.
Old 26 January 2005, 07:00 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

It's a pity no-one can sue Fat Freddy for being a complete ars*hole all the time.

Once upon a time, no-one knew what the chairman of ANY football club looked like. Nowadays, they're on tv more than their team are on live matches.

Never liked him before, and he's now being SO 2 faced, considering the way him and Hall ridiculed almost everybody and everything about Newcastle (the city and the football club), I like him even less. Bellamy comes on tv, says a few things he doesn't like, and all what's gone before is swept under the carpet. Don't agree with Bellamy faking injury mind you, but christ, who hasn't pulled a sickie now and then, it's hardly the end of the world??

Get Fat Freddy and knacker nut Souness out of that club before they send it down the toilet.

Andy.
Old 26 January 2005, 07:31 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Walwal
It's a pity no-one can sue Fat Freddy for being a complete ars*hole all the time.

Once upon a time, no-one knew what the chairman of ANY football club looked like. Nowadays, they're on tv more than their team are on live matches.

Never liked him before, and he's now being SO 2 faced, considering the way him and Hall ridiculed almost everybody and everything about Newcastle (the city and the football club), I like him even less. Bellamy comes on tv, says a few things he doesn't like, and all what's gone before is swept under the carpet. Don't agree with Bellamy faking injury mind you, but christ, who hasn't pulled a sickie now and then, it's hardly the end of the world??

Get Fat Freddy and knacker nut Souness out of that club before they send it down the toilet.

Andy.
Agree, I'm 100% behind Bellamy, he was wrong to feign injury and wrong to let his mouth go in the heat of the moment in front of the other players, he suffered being left out the team and getting a fine or whatever, everything was sorted (apart from an apology to the players) he thought being re-assured of his position and future (or so he thought), was told to keep it quiet which he did UNTIL Fat Freddie and bully Souness thought they'd crucify him in the media, turn it into a smokescreen to turn the fans on him to get him out. Craig Bellamy then only did the interview to tell his side of the story and be honest which I thought he was (If I'd ever trust or believe FS anyway...). Bellamy has played 19 games on the wing, why would he refuse to play all of a sudden? Anyway this wouldn't have happened if a) Souness wasn't manager (I'd even rather have had Sir Bobby stay after everything that happened) or b) Nobby Solano was replaced

When Freddy Shepherd ridiculed and dis-respected Newcastle & NUFC did he suffer any consequences? NO
When Souness grabbed Bellamy by the throat in training was he ever punsihed, fined or warned? NO if my boss had of done that to anyone in work they wouldn't be have a job no more
Old 26 January 2005, 07:32 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

gotta agree with you andy, its a complete joke that them 2 are still directors, just sponging off the club. shame we can't have sir john back.
Old 26 January 2005, 07:33 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Walwal

Andy.
Doubt we'll get rid of Fat Freddie this is his cash cow and he appears to be increasing his grip on the club day by day

Unfortunately following the honeymoon period Souness is growing more contemptable and definately not the man for job.
I say Shearer for manager, despite not proven has a lot of respect from the players and fans

TOON TOON
Old 26 January 2005, 07:37 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

good point bob about souness grabbing bellas totally out of order. i just hope we get shot of souness for next season. last season we had a top 5 side now we're bottom half with no major changes other than woody going but at the mo it would'nt have matered as he still injured. already he 's upsetting the dressing room says alot about him.

mike
Old 26 January 2005, 10:22 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Just had a thought.

Us 3,(me, Richie, and Mike) are the main Toon posters in this sports forum on here (sorry if I've missed anyone (Pete you're not classed as a Toon poster, even tho you've plenty to say about us cos you're SOOOO jealous of a big team ), BUT, I've never (to my knowledge) met any of you to talk to at any of the TTS meets as yet. Granted, I've not been since September, but I'm going to definitely be at the next one.

I haven't got a season ticket (please don't throw me out of the gang lads!!! ) but I still like to get my point over.

As I've no idea what you 2 look like, or know your motors, we'll have to sort something out before the next meet, so I know who/what motor to look for. Will be good to have a bit crack about the Toon face to face.

Cheers lads,

Andy.
Old 26 January 2005, 10:55 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

andy never been over to a tts meet though i do know ninnybobs because he comes over to the cumbrian monthly meets but then he's a smoggie. like your self i'm not a season ticket holder either. i think richies seens toonman at games from time to time. i used to go to every other home game when keegan got promotion to the premier league, and as you'll know getting a ticket for a game can be difficult, have'nt been for 2 seasons

mike
Old 26 January 2005, 11:04 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Hello Andy, I've only been to 2 TTS meetings in a about a year cos I'm always working on Tuesdays (usually the busiest day of the week)

Easy to spot V5 Type R in white now sporting a wind damaged dented passenger door and cracked wing

Picture
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...754&page=12&pp
Old 26 January 2005, 11:06 PM
richiewong
Twatful

I sit about 10 rows behind Toonman, he's fookin huge
Old 26 January 2005, 11:14 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
I sit about 10 rows behind Toonman, he's fookin huge
What happened to Toonman?? I mainly remember him from SIDC forum. He frequented there a lot.

Andy.

P.S. Richie, couldn't see your motor on the link mate.
Old 27 January 2005, 12:21 AM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

i think we should get rid of the lot of them.

Souness
Bellamy
Shepheard

and Bramble..........cause he's **** !

Martin O'Neil.........where r u !
Old 27 January 2005, 05:36 AM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a club insider, and he said Shearer was not injured, but in-club banned for several weeks for twating Dyer and Bellamy during training.

It was a Bosnic' cover up, just like he said on live TV, "clubs give in house bans for drugs etc" rather than going public.

Shearer is a 'yes man' and is as bad as the lot. Football is corrupt and we all know it.

NUFC is like a bad sunday league team these days.

I saw Bellamy in his Ferarri last week. He's Welsh!! how can he have loyalty for the club, he's welsh!! he should be sent to Cardiff FC and left there on loan till he stops bubblin' every time he doesn't get the ball.
Old 28 January 2005, 06:36 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonto
i think we should get rid of the lot of them.

Souness
Bellamy
Shepheard

and Bramble..........cause he's **** !

Martin O'Neil.........where r u !
my sentiments exactly, though bramble i will just call dissapointing

will the iminunt sale of bellas be the downfall of that scotish tw@t i feckin hope so! i hope the fan let him know there feelings on it

mike