Sport General sport discussion

Is it just me?....

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2004, 12:10 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me?....

...but do Newcastle really need Jenas and Dyer.Can't honestly say I felt that we missed them yesterday. Didn't say this wouldn't be contraversial. Flame suit on, deflector shields up, bring on the abuse!! Seriously though, interested in peoples opinions on this, as I thought that their rplacements contributed well to the game.
Old 27 April 2004, 05:01 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

IMO Jenas is living on the hype of last year. Dyer can still turn it on when he wants i.e. Southampton in the cup, but we do have a lot stronger squad these days when players of his caliber are out for long periods and we're still in with a chance of 4th, and 1 game away from a European final.

It's more the defence I worry about. Woody out for the rest of the season, O'Brien suspended for 2 games, who we got to step into their places?? Titus is one, but who else?? Hughes into the middle, and Taylor at full back again?? Be interesting to see what Robson does.

Andy.
Old 27 April 2004, 05:15 PM
manny
Scooby Regular

JJ and Dyer could both do with a stone on each if they're intending on being England internationals, both of them are a bit light and too easily brushed off the ball, dyers first touch is sh!te and he runs that fast his legs dont know where they are......Saying that Viana is no better, plays everything square or back. We need a Roy Keane type midfielder who wins tackles and isn't a lazy git like Robert... I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years and at the minute we are a 2 man team....big Al and Woody, without either we're screwed!!!
Old 27 April 2004, 05:19 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

One man team now mate , Woody's out for the rest of the season