Notices
Sport General sport discussion

It does'nt get any better than this!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2003, 12:16 PM
Kippax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice one dave....the nipper that is, not the rags (you red b*stard)

[Edited by Kippax - 8/2/2003 12:16:44 PM]
Old 01 August 2003, 11:12 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Ok its a little off topic to start with but it does end up on a football note

After witnessing my Fiance have to suffer an awful 73 hour labour and then have to have a c section our beautiful daughter Mya was born, I have become the proudest dad in the land and I have nothing but respect and total admiration for my beloved fiance. I dont care how tough us blokes think we are there is no way we could give birth let alone take 73 hours labour including 4 inducements followed by a c section, ladies I take my hat off to you.

So I drag my tired and emotional body home to witness not only one of the best Utd performances ive seen in many a year but one of the greatest goals ive ever seen, the pass from Seba was sublime and the finish from Ruud was pure Van Basten, what a goal!!! what a way to end 4 days of hell. and for anyone else who stayed up to watch it what did you think of the US commentators?? strange to start with but with the quality of the pass and run football Utd were playing it just got these yank commentators so excited, then all of a sudden the link to Paddy Crerand and Steve Bowyer came back, what a difference, I think i preferred the american commentary.

All I can say is get your money on Utd at 5/4 for the prem, some of the football they have been playing has been quite awesome this last week, Fortune, Veron, O'Shea, Ruud, Giggs all brilliant, I dont think my expectations of a new season have ever been this high, pre season games or not some of the football played by Utd has been breath taking and thanks to my Daughters imminent and recent arrival I have had the pleasure of watching all three games live, bring on Barca 8)

I just get the feeling a lot of players at Utd wont miss Beckham and have been playing their football as if to say to everyone Utd wasnt just about one man have a look at what we can do and man are they doing it, as the yanks said last nice "Utd are just fluffing it"!!! fluffing obviously used in a different context over there.

8) 8) 8)

Dave
Old 02 August 2003, 12:29 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Yep - congrats on the new arrival - however in order to help you out you'd be better off putting your hard earnt on an **** Double
Old 02 August 2003, 11:51 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Bollox to the pair of ya we've pissed it

what was the score against Celtic??

Lovin this fatherhood thing couldnt be happier and Mya will be home from hospital tomorrow just in time to see her first Utd match againt Barca
Old 03 August 2003, 09:57 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Wink

Yeah - but Celtic got further in Europe last year than your lot
Old 03 August 2003, 10:54 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

jasey - why are you comparing what people did in Europe as IIRC Arsenal did the square root of f*ck all, yet again. And I didnt see Celtic getting further than us in the Champions league, so quite how you claim that fact I dont know. Clutching at straws would be the obvious assumption

Simon.