Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Man Utd Fans - Who do you think is out the door and who's coming in?

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2003, 03:34 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

I think the obvious ones will be
Barthez
May
Outsiders for the door
Phil Neville
Giggs
Beckham
Diego

In
----
Robinson
Kewell - a must
Duff
Kluivert
Arthurson (sp?)
Carr - maybe maybe not

I sense Fergie is up for a little clear out ala 94 and he has never been affraid of getting rid of names, I think Becks may stay purely for the revenue his name makes Utd and I have a gut feeling that Veron is staying and Fergie is looking to create a more skillful continental looking side with Veron in the middle of it.

Its going to be a long summer of rumour and counter rumour thats for sure, does anyone know when the transfer window opens again??

Dave

Old 15 May 2003, 08:46 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funki,
I wouldn't add anyone to your "Out" list but I'd be surprised if either Beckham or Giggs went.
As to "In", I read today that Fergie thinks Robinson is maybe too young/inexperienced, so Friedel being chased?
Bellion at Sunderland is on the way. I'd be very surprised if Ronaldhino didn't come. With Wes Brown out until next year and Larry retiring maybe he'll go for another defender - Terry at Chelsea perhaps but with them having qualified for Cl maybe not. Personally I'd like to see Duff at OT.
Chris.
Old 16 May 2003, 12:03 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

There is a difference to who needs to go and who I think will go. Giggs wont leave and I cant see him being pushed. He is utd to the core. The press is making everyone think beckham will leave but I still have my doubts - now would be a good time to cash in but I personally want him to stay as hes done our club proud.

Forlan is pants. Hes been giving enough chances and hasnt done anything really.

Veron should go. Plays well most of the time in Europe but we cant afford a player who can only play in one competition.

Neville is a grafter and will stay for that reason.

May is well past his best and to injury prone. May be loaned out then transferred.

And last but not least. Ruud as hes been **** all season.
NOT

Simon
Old 16 May 2003, 12:07 AM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

I can't see Beckham being "pushed", as he's just worth too much. The level of his on-the-field talents are up for debate (personally I can't think of anyone I would rather have on the right wing), but his value in image rights is astronomical!
If he "jumps", I can't see United accepting less than £40 million for him, and there's only one team in the world that could possibly be willing to pay it.
Giggs is more likelyto be "pushed", especially if we can buy Kewell as a replacement, but I can't see him "jumping". And unless United can get £30 Million plus for him, why bother selling him? He's still an exceptional player and I'd rathre have him in the squad than in somebody else's.
Phil Neville I think has proved his worth as a squad mid-fielder, and is probably worth more to United than they would get if they sold him.
Diego? Dunno. He needs to get his act together - but he is quite young.

In my opinion, Veron has to go. He may have played better in the Champions League than in the Premiership, but he still wasn't anywhere near good enough.
Barthez has to go too. He's a great shot stopper, but only if he can reach the ball. I want someone with his flexibility, but about twice the size!
I'd LOVE to get Schmeichel back as goalkeeping coach, and sign Sorensen to be coached by him. He's had a disappointing season, stuck in a crap team but I think he could do really well behind United's defence. If he could learn to ride the defence like Schmeichel did, it would be a big plus for both United and Denmark.

I think we will buy:
2 goalkeepers
2 defenders
1 mid-fielder
1 striker

Old 16 May 2003, 01:00 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Question

Wassent there talk of defoe coming to MU this week?
Old 17 May 2003, 11:20 PM
Bling Laden
Scooby Newbie

what about that **** Veron? waste of money if ever I saw one.
Old 19 May 2003, 06:49 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Makalele has now been linked and wanting to come to Utd, apart from the acrobatics when tackled he has never failed to impress, he'd be a good addition, Real looked lost without him on Wednesday.

FM