So what did I miss on 1a) and 5) ?

[Edited to put correct number in]

[Edited by dharbige - 5/1/2003 2:17:10 PM]
Old 29 April 2003, 02:04 PM
Little Miss WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Question 1:

a) What action should a referee take it two players on the field of play and from the same team exchange blows when the game is in progress?
b) What action should the referee take if two players on the field of play and from the same team exchange blows after the ball has left the field of play?

Question 2:

If during a game, a referee cautions a player and at the end of the game the player sincerely apologises for his misconduct, should the referee omit to report the cuation? Why?

Question 3:

Is it necessary for the referee to request an equal number of players from each side to participate at a drop-ball? What is the minimum number of players from each side that must take part in a drop-ball restart?

Question 4:

A goalkeeper, taking a quick free kick, mis-kicks the ball which travels to the right and outside the penalty area. an attacker who is standing inside the penalty area when the kick was taken, runs out of the penalty area and from outside that area "chips" the ball over the goalkeeper and into the net. Should the goal stand? Why?

Question 5:

A player is sent off the field for striking an opponent, can he be replaced?

Question 6:

Under what circumstances may opponents be less than 10 yards from the ball at the taking of a free kick?

Answers will be, again, in a couple of days....enjoy.
Old 29 April 2003, 04:08 PM
ChrisB

1)

a) Send both of em off
b) Send both of em off

2) Still stands doesn't it?

3) Sounds trick to me but I'll go for 2 per side.

4) Off side isn't he?

5) No

6) When it's free kick for a back pass to the keeper in the area and it happened less than 10 yards from the goal line?
Old 30 April 2003, 02:02 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

1)
A) & B) I would say it doesnt matter who the blows are between, so in both instances the players should be disciplined as if they were striking an opposing player (ie most likely an early bath).

2)
Should surely still stand, as no matter what he says after the game he has committed whatever action that warranted the caution.

3)
I reckon it has to be one per side.

4)
Well, if it was a free kick then whether the ball/attacker were in or out of the area shouldnt matter should it....? He can't be offside as effectively he has simply collected a clearence.
As such, I reckon that that would be a perfectly legitimate goal.

5)
No.

6)
As Chris suggests, I would say when the defending team are as far back as they can be but are still within 10 - ie an indirect free kick in the area, with the defenders on the goal line.
Or, if we are being sneaky , if they are not involved. eg receiving treatment off the pitch and the kick is on the sideline near them?

I'm by no means a footie expert, just a fan, so I bet Ive fallen for something...

[Edited by JohnMcC - 4/30/2003 2:04:29 AM]
Old 30 April 2003, 08:53 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

These are the basic marks you can get for each question:

1:a) 3 marks plus a bonus point.
1:b) 2 marks plus a bonus point.

2: 2 marks.

3: 2 marks.

4: 3 marks.

5: 3 marks.

6: 2 marks.

You also get more bonus half marks if you can name the laws involved in each of the questions.

Now you'll see that these refereeing exams aren't as easy as you possibly think they are unless you know the rules inside out!

To pass at Level Two as I am doing, you have to score a minimum of 80% in a 50 question test paper, where the questions are of the same basis as the ones above. (Approximate number of points is 150 on the test paper) I think the rules apply to Level Two as they do in one, whereby, the marks are only an indicator of how much you need to answer and that if you miss one point out, you can actually get the whole question marked wrong!

In Level One, you have to pass an oral examination of 50 questions where the minimum pass is 85%, the questions are more devious and borderline. The points per question average is 4 or 5 as opposed to the Level 2 where it is 3 and if you do get part of a question wrong in Level One, you get ALL of the question wrong!

And there was me thinking that to get to Level Two it would be easy.

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 4/30/2003 9:00:33 AM]
Old 30 April 2003, 08:59 AM
ChrisB

Wink

Now you'll see that these refereeing exams aren't as easy as you possibly think they are unless you know the rules inside out!
That's the majority of ref's up the creak then
Old 30 April 2003, 09:01 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

Creak or creek?
Old 30 April 2003, 09:01 AM
ChrisB

Sorry, I was thinking of the noise from your knees
Old 30 April 2003, 09:04 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

Nah, they go "riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip" as the ligaments go.
Old 30 April 2003, 09:10 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

ChrisB (for those cheeky comments) I am going to mark your answers, so.....you scored as follows:

Q 1: a) 1 mark.
Q 1: b) 1 mark.

Q 2: No points - you can't answer a question with a question.

Q 3: No points.

Q 4: No points.

Q 5: Half a mark.

Q 6: 1 point.

3 and a half points grand total.
Then again, you are into that fake football game stuff aren't you.

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 4/30/2003 9:27:42 AM]
Old 30 April 2003, 09:19 AM
ChrisB

Then again, you are into that fake football game stuff aren't you.
If you want to be tested, how about we discuss pass interference or intentional grounding?
Old 30 April 2003, 09:28 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

I am quite happy being tested on the Laws of God's Game with 20 homework questions a week and a final examination imminent in 3 weeks at the moment.

However, I will give you a shout afterwards.
Old 30 April 2003, 09:36 AM
ChrisB

Good to see you're putting so much effort into learning the rules to Gods Game (aka American Footbal)
Old 30 April 2003, 09:41 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

You heathen, take your pagan game elsewhere.
Old 01 May 2003, 10:09 AM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

Any more of ya?

Answers are coming up very soon!
Old 01 May 2003, 10:19 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Mark my one! Mark my one!

Old 01 May 2003, 10:29 AM
Little Miss WRX

Talking

1: a) 1 mark.
2: b) 1 mark.

2: 1 mark.

3: No points.

4: No points.

5: Half a mark.

6: 1 and a half marks.

Grand total of.........5 marks.
Old 01 May 2003, 12:50 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Talking

OK - my answers are:

1 a) No foul has been committed, so the referee should allow play to continue. When the ball is next out of play, the referee should dismiss both players for violent conduct (Law 12). Play would then re-start in the manner appropriate to the way it stopped. Time should be added by the referee for the time taken to caution the players, and for them to leave the field (Law 7). After the game, the referee should make the appropriate reports, etc., etc.

1 b) Same as above, except that ball is already out of play, so the referee should dismiss the players immediately. Play would then re-start in the manner appropriate to the way it stopped. Time should be added by the referee for the time taken to caution the players, and for them to leave the field (Law 7). After the game, the referee should make the appropriate reports, etc., etc.

2) The Referee can only change his mind regarding a descision he has made prior to play being restarted (Law 5). He is obliged to report the disciplinary action he took during the match (Law 5). He MUST therefore report the caution. He may include in his report the "sincere apology" if he wishes.

3) There is no definition of "participation" at a drop-ball. Play re-starts when the ball touches the ground (Law 8), regardless of how many players are in the vicinity. However, FIFA recommend that a game is not allowed to continue if either team has fewer than 7 players (Law 3, Decision 1). The short answers are therefore "No", and "7".

4) All opponents must remain outside the penalty area until the ball is in play (Law 13). By not being the required distance away, the attacker has infringed. No advantage is gained by the defending team, so the kick should be re-taken (Law 13), and the goal should not stand.

5) A player who has been sent off during the game cannot be replaced. However, if a player is sent off prior to the start of the game, he may be replaced by a named substitute. (Law 3)

6) An indirect free kick inside the defending team's penalty area. The defending players may stand on the goal line between the goalposts, even if this is closer than 10 yards (Law 13).

How'd I do, 'Chelle?

(Apologies I edited your post by accident. )

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 5/1/2003 1:58:48 PM]
Old 01 May 2003, 01:57 PM
Little Miss WRX

Thumbs up

1: a) 2 marks + 1 bonus mark + 1 bonus mark for laws.

1: b) 2 marks + 1 bonus marks + 1 bonus mark for laws.

2: 2 marks + 1 bonus mark for laws.

3: 2 marks + bonus marks for laws.

4: 3 marks + 1 bonus mark for laws.

5: 2 marks + 1 bonus for laws.

6: 2 marks plus 1 bonus point for laws.

How'd I do, 'Chelle?
Impressively well!
15/17 not including the bonus points (you scored the maximum number of bonus points aswell ).
A high flying pass of 88% for the number of Level two type questions provided!

However.....would you be able to do it without the Laws at hand?
Old 01 May 2003, 02:15 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Ha! The cheek! That was all from memory!
Old 01 May 2003, 02:42 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

1 A) Stop the game.
When two players are fighting, regardless of what side they are on, common sense would tell you to stop the game in order to stop any further conflict.
As both players are guilty of violent conduct whilst on the field of play and whilst the ball is in play, it is considered an offence and therefore the game is re-started with an indirect free kick to the opposing side where the offence occurred (Law 12) and subject to special circumstances in Law 8.

I should really have docked you two marks there, but I was feeling generous.

5) The only condition where a player may "seemingly" be replaced is when the player sent off is a goalkeeper. In this instance it must be clarified that the position and not the player is replaced by a player holding an outfield position. If the team wish to bring on their second goalkeeper, then they must substitute an outfield player in order to maintain the same number of players they have after the sending off.

Note: This may seem not to be part of the question, but you will actually have marks deducted if you do not mention this whilst answering the question.

Other than that, those were answered damn well and better than some of us had answered them on the course!