Theres only one F in Fulham

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2003, 08:28 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

So whats the F stand for? Fan?

Not sure where are all these supposed 40,000 Fulham fans are then? Beats me how they can have the nerve to want to play at Stamford Bridge next season, or at any time for that, when they can't even fill the **** poor away section at White Hart Lane!! No doubt all their Japanese tourist fans are watching it on tv. Premiership club...don't make me laugh.

The Egyptian's bunch of jokers dragged two London clubs all the way to Birmingham for last years FA Cup semi final (on a Sunday night) claiming they wanted more tickets than Highbury could provide. What happened? Yep, you've guessed it, ...they couldn't sell all their tickets [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

Stay at Loftus Road or even better see if you can fill Griffin park . After all, theres only one team in Fulham
Old 25 February 2003, 07:57 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

there must be a pitch in hyde park that they could use (hackney marshes would probably be too far to travel).

still bl**dy annoyed about that trip to villa park for the semi last year

[Edited by neilbbb - 2/25/2003 7:58:30 AM]
Old 26 February 2003, 09:07 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well at least it doesn't look like we'll have to worry about Fulham in this years cup
Old 02 March 2003, 01:16 AM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft
only 1 thing to say about fulham

BURNLEY 3 fulham 0

lots of luv

BURNLEY
Old 02 March 2003, 03:04 AM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Talking

precisely

I've been in stitches about that for days

and.....from what i gather this is the premiership club that managed to take 100 fans to Burnley for a FA cup 5th round tie, after taking 300 to Spurs for a London derby.

shameful, pitiful, and not deserving of a premiership place
Old 03 March 2003, 08:37 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

& will win exactly as much as the skint team down the road !
Sweet FA
But they do have a lovely hotel there
Old 03 March 2003, 09:32 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Would Fulham fans have to pay the same £40 a ticket that we have to, for a crap view, from a stand that's falling down? Stamford Bridge - not the kind of ground you visit, unless you really have to...
Old 03 March 2003, 09:45 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

toonman
we have got the best ground in london by a long way. it may not be st james park but trust me it's much better than it was..

as for fulham i think it's going to be wimbledon part two for them.
Old 03 March 2003, 09:53 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

"it's much better than it was"

I hope so, although it's a while since I was there. Is it better than Highbury? Never been there.

Mentioned earlier - not sure how Spurs can get away with their "Away" end - verging on the dangerous.
Old 03 March 2003, 09:55 AM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

As for Fulham, I feel a bit sorry for their fans. Promises, promises, promises and then nothing from Al Fayed...
Old 03 March 2003, 01:23 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Toonman.....at least our away section is not in the stratosphere!!

I have absolutely bu99er all sympathy for Fulham and their fans. They hate us far more than we hate them. Most Chelsea fans couldn't give a monkeys about Fulham. They on the other hand gladly label us scum at every opportunity. I've seen and heard Fulham71 use the term. If it makes them happy then so be it.

When it comes to playing at Stamford Bridge, thats a different matter. Paul, slag us off about the hotels, but what do you really think Al-Fayed wants at stamford bridge? He wants to entertain his mates in the directors box and millenium suites rather than down the South Africa road.

Hopefully Hammersmith & Fulham council might actually get things right this time and stick to the original planning constraints on the Bridge which prevents its use by more than one club. The local residents won't be overjoyed at an increase in the ground being used either, even if it is Fulham's meagre crowds.

At the end of the day we do have perhaps the best ground in London. Its not perfect, but it does have some pretty good facilities, and has been built in an area which costs. Chelsea's debt is mainly the Eurobond they took out to complete the development. At the moment they're servicing that debt. Not ideal, but I'd rather own the ground than be the premiership lepers that no want wants. As for Fayed.... how long do you honestly think he'll be at Fulham? Maybe fractionally longer than Tigana!

As for not winning anything this season, the fa cup is our best bet but I suspect the gooners might be a little troublesome. But hey, its better to have won, than never won at all!

Old 03 March 2003, 01:25 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Question

from a stand that's falling down?
Sorry? Which bit is falling down? Have you been there recently?
Old 03 March 2003, 01:31 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

"than never won at all!"

You're talking about Middlesbrough FC I assume...

Old 03 March 2003, 01:41 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

The situation at Fulham Is much more complex than you think !
Mr Fayed has taken the club on leaps & bounds (who cares what his intentions are when he took over we were in real dire straights)
The question of what is better ie Premiership with him or Southern Amateur without him Theres arguments in both ways & no definitive answer.
The matter of the ground is also complex, the council arent particularly helpful, land is sparce & costs in London are expensive. Chelsea would agree that doing anything in London is very expensive thats why they built a 3rd dressing room hoping we would one day share with them !
BUT Has Al Fayed stitched us up ! I think not, if i had to spend a huge amount of money developing our ground when I could build a ground else where for free ( ie sell old land & then also cheeper developement costs too) then I might be tempted to do I TOO ! He isnt as rich as everyone thinks he is ! & At the end of the day the club is a business & money cannot be spent without justification !
& this comes from a stauch fan who has cancelled their season ticket as a result of ground sharing with QPR.
As far as hatred between the two clubs thats rubbish ! Chelsea have been far more sucessful than We have & I have many friends are Chelsea fans but there must be a rivalry between to clubs who are in the same borough ! The Scum tag is a wind up & it looks like it is working ( but in no way is is meant to cause offence!)
Fulham need their own ground then many fans will return ! as far as crowds go, we have had more games than any other club which costs money & has also effected our league standing & probably caused us being knocked out of the cup due to tiredness too ! (2 games in 3 days was too much but then the TV money couldnt be turned down) On the day Burnley were better. We will beat better teams than them & lose to worse ones.
The crowdds will return when the ground is resolved. the only fault with the current mamagement is that they dont tell us whats going on & I also think that the Intertoto cup was a mistake but you learn from your mistakes & you forget a few seasons ago we were in DIV 3 !!
WOULD WE BE BETTER GETTING RELEGATED & GOING BACK TO THE COTTAGE MAYBE we could enjoy the experiences we have had which I never dreamed we would ! I have loved the last few seasons it has been like a fairy tale after standing on the Terraces of Torquay who were bottom of the bottom league & losing NO ONE WILL TAKE THESE MEMORIES FROM ME ! I HAVE FELT THE UPS & DOWNS & THERE MAY BE MORE UPS TO COME WE SHALL SEE !
Old 03 March 2003, 01:45 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

"Have you been there recently?"

You know I haven't; I said so earlier. Last game there was in '96.

As for falling down stands, I must stop reading the Press and listening to BBC Radio 5 Live...

"Stratosphere"

Now which direction would you like us to build to expand our ground? Downwards? If the Away fans don't like it, they don't have to come, and let's face it, most don't. We can sell all the tickets to Home fans!

Old 03 March 2003, 03:21 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Smile

If the Away fans don't like it, they don't have to come, and let's face it, most don't. We can sell all the tickets to Home fans!
....and that seems to be the attitude at Chelsea too . Why the hell should we put away fans in the newest and best parts of the ground?

Lol @ boro smog monsters.

Paul, good to see how passionate you are about your club. I'm sure you can understand just how much I don't want to share my club's ground with anyone!!

[Edited by 555 Markus - 3/3/2003 3:22:42 PM]
Old 03 March 2003, 04:49 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

Location: 2005 sso, 1/4 finals,3rd in 60ft; 2004 sso,semi finals,2nd in 60ft time; 2003 standard car 2nd 60ft
BURNLEY still won 3-0 oh and we beat spurs 2-1 lol
Old 03 March 2003, 04:51 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

totally deserved too !
Well done & good luck against Watford !
Old 03 March 2003, 09:48 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

"Why the hell should we put away fans in the newest"

Er, we do...
Old 03 March 2003, 11:25 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

in the newest and best parts of the ground?
If you're going to quote me, make sure you don't take it out of context. By your own admission the away section at Newcastle, whilst new, is nowhere near the best.
Old 04 March 2003, 03:14 PM
scooby-si
Scooby Regular

watch this we will get beat by watford lol
Old 04 March 2003, 05:48 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Markus

Which Club puts any of there "ordinary" fans in the best part of the ground? My Season Ticket seat (remember, despite a capacity of 52,193, we all need Season tickets to get in, as demand is so high, and has been for over a decade) isn't in the best part of the ground, but I'm still delighted with the view.

The Away section is new and has an excellent, unrestricted view, unlike the respective area at Stamford Bridge. I agree it's high, but then so are many other areas which are used by Home fans. They don't complain. Oh, and we don't charge visiting fans £40.00 per ticket either.

I still can't work out why most feel the need to charge such high prices for just about anything in London. It's not because the service or quality is so much higher is it..? Usually, quite the opposite!

Cheers
Old 04 March 2003, 06:02 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

toonman
i agree that the visitors stand at stamford bridge may not be the best view. but as i understand it this is the only area that is suitable where they can segregate fans. the east upper (which is above where you sit) the matthew harding stand and the west stand are mainly season ticket holders. the shed end is (i think) a mixture of a family enclosure and open tickets.

mark and i both sit in the east upper and pay over 700 quid so if it makes you feel any better it aint cheap for us either. i dont see how they could allocate better seats for visiting supporters and still ensure this area is full (after all not everyone has a good away support like the toon army). fulham as already stated didnt even take more than a few hundred from west to north london (as well as the huge allocation for last years fa cup semi at villa park that they couldnt sell)

slightly off topic but i have to say the newcastle fans we met at the fa cup semi in 2000 (last wembley final, sigh) were a cracking bunch.....but you never liked going to wembley did you
Old 04 March 2003, 06:11 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

"pay over 700 quid"

Neil

That's a lot of dosh... Mine's just over £400. Point taken as well.

We enjoyed Wembley in the '50s, but it's been downhill all the way since 1955!

By the way - I fancy Chelsea for the FA Cup. Shame you won't be playing Middlesborough again though...

Good luck for Saturday!

Cheers

Mike
Old 04 March 2003, 06:40 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Wink

Toonman, no probs, I'm only being a pedantic old sod

Oh and next seasons season ticket renewal price is £790 !!
Old 04 March 2003, 06:44 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

That's terrible...

Mind, I hear at Middlesbrough, it's going to be a free Season ticket with 3 packet tops from Kellogs Cornflakes.

Cheers
Old 04 March 2003, 06:52 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

3 packet tops, that's a bit steep

for spurs you get two tickets for three tops and you get a plastic toy thrown in
Old 04 March 2003, 06:53 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Old 04 March 2003, 07:16 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

for spurs you get two tickets for three tops and you get a plastic toy thrown in
and the spurs fans still moan about that too
Old 04 March 2003, 09:21 PM
Toonman1
Scooby Regular

Wrong kind of "plastic toy"?