Sport General sport discussion

Stamford Bridge visit in March

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2003, 08:56 PM
Zola
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm going to be returning to the UK for a few days in March for the first time in 5 years. It probably won't surprise you from my username to learn that I will be attending the Chelsea v Man City match on 22 March (got a ticket in the West Upper). It's going to be a whirlwind few days as I'll be meeting up with Chelsea-supporting friends and friends from graduate school. And I have to squeeze a trip to the training ground at Harlington in there somewhere. But if any of you want to give me a ride in your STi I'm up for it!! Of course no one here knows me from Adam but I've got an Impreza so there's something to talk about, lol.

This is going to sound very strange given what I just said, but anyone care to speculate on the possibility/impossibility of getting a ticket for the Arsenal v Everton match on the Sunday? Obviously I normally wouldn't have too much time for Arsenal but the chance to see Everton do the double over them is too tempting to not at least look into it! I imagine it's not like an NFL game here in the States where you can just scalp a ticket on the street outside. Odds are I'll end up watching it on Sky in the pub.

Cheers,

Joel
Old 22 January 2003, 07:20 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Joel Franco

I'm sure you'll be able to get a ticket from a tout outside Highbury on the day, expect to be ripped off. I'd take your own advice and watch it in the pub the money you save on the ticket will keep you in decent beer all afternoon

Enjoy your trip and welcome to Scoobynet, you'll get used to the Liverpool fans whinging and whining

Dave

[Edited by Funkii Munkii - 1/22/2003 7:21:52 AM]
Old 22 January 2003, 07:54 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

another blue on scoobynet, welcome and see you at stamford bridge.

you could try one of the ticket agencies like keith prowse. you will probably pay top price but if you want a ticket guaranteed.

also have you checked the arsenal website? you never know they may have some
Old 22 January 2003, 01:35 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Joel, good to hear you're coming to Stamford Bridge . I'm a season ticket holder there in the East Upper stand.

Re the Arsenal ticket, Arsenal sometimes put remaining tickets on general sale a month before the game so its worth checking their website to get any news. I think that Ticketmaster is also worth checking. Failing that, if you get to Highbury early enough there are usually loads of touts hanging around the streets near the tube stations. You will pay extra though .

Have a great time over here, and lets hope Chelsea stuff Man City .

Mark

[Edited by 555 Markus - 1/22/2003 1:37:12 PM]
Old 22 January 2003, 06:16 PM
Zola
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the info, everybody. Perhaps we will run into each other Mark...I was hoping to get a seat in the MHL but it sold out already. No matter, I'm just thrilled to be going back--the last time I was there the West Stand was just a twinkle in Uncle Ken's eye. I reckon we'll do City just like we did at Maine Road...Anelka won't get a sniff with Bill Gallas and Desailly marshaling him.

I'll keep an eye out on the Gooners website but failing that route I can just swing past Highbury on the Sunday morning and see what happens.

Here's a pic of my WRX in case you're curious...

[Edited by Zola - 1/22/2003 6:19:15 PM]