Sport General sport discussion

C'mon England!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2003, 12:50 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I can't believe i actually want the English cricket team to win a game of cricket, but here i go. 5/102 Australia, England need 5 wickets to keep from getting a big fat doughnut. I think big ears and hoggard will have to pull something special out...

TheScooby
Old 06 January 2003, 05:54 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

And did Caddick pull something out or what!!!! 7 wickets, great effort from Big Ears. Great to see Australia lose a test match finally. South Africa now up to the top of the test standings, with the Kiwis breathing down their necks in third. The thing that made me laugh was Mattew Hayden, smashing a door after he got out, temper temper, it is a bit different when they are losing isn't it. Good win, now England are back to being my useless rivals..

TheScooby
Old 06 January 2003, 10:25 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Its a shame we left our best form at the end but i have to say England has the quality to beat the best sides in the world and would you believe we are the ONLY team to beat the aussies at home in 4 yrs.

SA nexts at home,the so called best team in the world??? and hopefully we'll have all our best players fit and ready.

Btw that icc world table is a joke,NZ 3rd are they having a laugh
Old 07 January 2003, 05:23 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Ah Planky, good to see you again
Yes, i think in some respects the icc world rankings are a joke, but i do think that New Zealand deserves to be somewhere near the top, a series win over india, the west indies and a solid drawn series against Australia a while back. The one day table is a joke, NZ eigth!! After we have smashed india, and dealt to the world champion aussis! The World Cup will reveal all, as it usually does.

As for the English, good win, but the Aussis were minus Warne, McGrath and Gillespie for most of the game......

TheScooby
Old 07 January 2003, 12:12 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Talking

Interesting to see how much weaker the Aussies were without Pigeon and Warnie !!

Even Jeff Thomson was a little concerned that there doesn't appear to be any young superstars coming through the ranks with the ball.

Mind you, with their strength of batting they can rack up 600 runs a test and let their "lesser" bowlers do what they like.

Hayden's efforts were pretty funny and it highlights how the Aussies get very used to winning and aren't the greatest of losers...

The Kiwis are the ones to watch at the moment !!
Old 08 January 2003, 05:38 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Aw planky, you're a funny bugger aren't you...
Well there is always Jerry isn't there. I guess there aren't too many followers of the great English cricket team on this board. Well the majority, if not all are Subaru fans, so i guess they do have some sense in them.

TheScooby
Old 08 January 2003, 12:02 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

LOL, typical English attitude, we win one poxy game and everyone gets excited.

We are **** at cricket. LOL
Old 08 January 2003, 05:16 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Wink

We aint sh*t we just aint good as the mighty aussies..btw if we ARE sh*t the rest of the world cricket teams are to cos they cant beat them either.

Thescooby we are a dying breed,most people follow football..anyway its nice to have somebody who appreciates good cricket,even that you are a kiwi..good cricket whats that
Old 09 January 2003, 01:25 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Good on ya Planky, good to see someone who truly appreciates the beautiful game of cricket

Although our recent effort against India, was most certainly not a beautiful game of cricket. The only thing that I enjoyed was seeing Bond's yorker cleaning out Mongia, poetry in motion.

There are probably many a closet cricket supporter on Scoobynet.

TheScooby
Old 01 July 2003, 05:41 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

Yeah they were minus a couple of players but im sure we lost half our 1st team to injuries so perhaps the 4-1 margin might of been tighter.

We could do with a test series againt Bangledesh and you watch us shoot up the table

Btw Thescooby if it weren't for me you would get NO replys

[Edited by planky - 1/7/2003 5:44:41 PM]