Sport General sport discussion

Chelsea4 - 0 Newcastle

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2004, 08:07 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chelsea4 - 0 Newcastle

Oh dear. We matched them for 60 minutes, then it all went belly up.

Even though we got beat, 4-0 isn't a true reflection on the game, it somewhat flatters Chelsea.

However, it just goes to show that if you don't take your chances against top teams, you'll get punished. The Toon were easily the better side in the 1st half, and could have been 2 up. Bellamy's first touch took him wide, the the keeper saved, and Robert's free kick would have been in if it had been right in the corner, but alas, we didn't score.

Lampard was left unmarked for his goal, bad defending. Drogba took his well, but Bramble should have dealt with it long before he had a shooting opportunity. And as for the penalty, Given got a hand on the ball for me, shouldn't have been given.

But fair do's to Chelsea, they took their chances and we didn't. Can anyone stop them winning the league?? I don't think so.

Andy.
Old 04 December 2004, 08:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Newcastle going down???

Looks like they will struggle to match BORO this season!!

Pete
Old 04 December 2004, 08:32 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Well done Chelsea.
The Toon just rolled over and died after a the subs and first one went in

Jesus I have to say the Boro may finish above the Toon this season, time for conslidation and plan the for next season already.
Dear santa how about a couple of centrehalves in the January sales
Old 04 December 2004, 09:41 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by WalWal
But fair do's to Chelsea, they took their chances and we didn't.
Originally Posted by richiewong
Well done Chelsea.

Credit to you guys (ignore Pete ) coming on here and saying that.

I was there today. Have to say that as a CFC supporter, I was really worried first half, and couldn't see how we were going to score. If anything we really expected NUFC to ****** a 1-0 with either a Bellamy break or Robert free kick . NUFC really did look the better team .

In the end Jose took the risk and played our most attacking formation all season. Can't remember us using Drogba, Kezman, Duff and Robben all together before. It paid off today . It seemed we took the game to NUFC and as already said, took our chances. 2-0 would have been about right, but obviously I can't complain of the two late goals boosting our goal difference.

It does sometimes seem we like to hit teams on the break. The third goal today, and the second up at St James Park recently spring to mind.

I'll be at NUFC in May, hopefully we'll still be at the top and I'll end my 32nd season watching Chelsea a very happy man .

Mark
Old 05 December 2004, 12:38 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555 Markus
Credit to you guys (ignore Pete ) coming on here and saying that.

I was there today. Have to say that as a CFC supporter, I was really worried first half, and couldn't see how we were going to score. If anything we really expected NUFC to ****** a 1-0 with either a Bellamy break or Robert free kick . NUFC really did look the better team .

In the end Jose took the risk and played our most attacking formation all season. Can't remember us using Drogba, Kezman, Duff and Robben all together before. It paid off today . It seemed we took the game to NUFC and as already said, took our chances. 2-0 would have been about right, but obviously I can't complain of the two late goals boosting our goal difference.

It does sometimes seem we like to hit teams on the break. The third goal today, and the second up at St James Park recently spring to mind.

I'll be at NUFC in May, hopefully we'll still be at the top and I'll end my 32nd season watching Chelsea a very happy man .

Mark
I'll second that Mark, sure looks good at the moment, good going forward and very solid in defence, certainly not a Chelsea trait in the past. My first match at the bridge was in '74 against Newcastle and I certainly enjoyed this one just as much as the first. Newcastle are a quality side though and 4-0 certainly didn't reflect the first hour. Big test next week though

Paul
Old 05 December 2004, 01:03 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You clearly haven't been watching BORO this season then ........ or you would realise that yesterdays game was rather tame!

Pete
Old 05 December 2004, 01:37 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Who?
Old 05 December 2004, 05:06 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by pslewis
You clearly haven't been watching BORO this season then ........ or you would realise that yesterdays game was rather tame!

Pete
Pete, I watched Chelsea beat Boro earlier in the season .

Paul, funnily enough my first game was also against Newcastle at home, back in October 1972. Think that day it ended 1-1 with Supermac scoring for them and Eddie McCreadie equalising. Since then I've seen us thrash NUFC a few times at the Bridge. 6-0, 5-0, and 4-0 .

Are you going next week? I couldn't get a ticket . Still, I'm off to Porto on Tuesday morning for a meaningless game .

Mark

Last edited by 555 Markus; 05 December 2004 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05 December 2004, 07:03 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

yea i got to agree with everthing above chelsea took there chances and it paid off, your keeper prob had a lot to do with it too.
richie can i ask santa for a new manager costhe one we've got is cr@p its not looking very good, looking like another daglesh(sp) would'nt be surprised if he goes in the summer

mike not very happy
Old 05 December 2004, 07:44 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Mark,
Ian Huchison scored the winner in '74. No not going next week, used to see the Arsenal game every season 'cause me Dads a gooner but got pee'd off losing all the time so gave it a miss recently . Have a good time in Porto, nice relaxing game for us.
Paul
Old 05 December 2004, 10:07 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
yea i got to agree with everthing above chelsea took there chances and it paid off, your keeper prob had a lot to do with it too.
richie can i ask santa for a new manager costhe one we've got is cr@p its not looking very good, looking like another daglesh(sp) would'nt be surprised if he goes in the summer

mike not very happy
Jesus got rid of senile Sir Bob and replaced him with the psychotic Scot.
Who next, mind you looking at his short record, Souness has been a relatively successful manager on paper

Shearer for manager 2005/06 he he he.

Again just like to add Chelsea look the biz and can turn it on when necessary.
Look like a proper Championship team this year, play bad and still get the results, that what a quality squad can do.
Take note fat Freddy
Old 05 December 2004, 10:58 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

i think we would probably be doing better with bobby that that scotish git. fair enough we have'nt been playing badly but the results have been cr@p not scoring when we should be.
richie do you recon he'll go in the summer? and al take over?

mike