Leicester going bust

Players taking pay cuts to help

Davidson smashed Jaw misses start of season

Wise exhibits exactly how to endear himself to his fellow Pro's :angry:
Old 18 October 2002, 10:58 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree that it's a disgrace that a player's contract should bring a club down (any club) but is dennis wise any worse than roy keane?

when a manager supports an appeal after that sort of tackle. at least leicester didnt try and pretend it didnt happen.

Old 18 October 2002, 11:57 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

but is dennis wise any worse than roy keane?
Oh dear, jump off the Keano bandwagon will ya?

Wise is a right pr1ck, always has been and isn't even that good a player. I heard the little tw@t punched Davidson while he was in bed...some man eh?

If you were dismissed from your job for assaulting somebody, would you have any grounds for an appeal? I think not so why's this different?
Old 18 October 2002, 01:48 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton
Angry

The guys a *****. That bloke in the taxi should have run the **** over [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 October 2002, 04:03 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

swin
i think you're missing my point

my QUESTION was is he any worse than roy keane (it is not necessarily my viewpoint). what dennis wise did was inexcusable and leicester in my opinion did the right thing. It is outrageous if a club cannot sack a player who behaves like that

my point about roy keane was when a player tackles and threatens another players career why is it that his club supports him.

there is no bandwagon i'm jumping on. my point was about double standards employed by managers and clubs

btw i'm a chelsea supporter and must say dennis wise was a great player during his time with the blues. I, for one would have been happy to have him back at stamford bridge any time.

not anymore i'm afraid. millwall are welcome to him

Old 18 October 2002, 04:06 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

and to use your point

if you were sacked for hitting a colleague then you would have no right for appeal. absolutely right

if you were sacked for kicking another companies employee why dont the same rules apply
Old 18 October 2002, 05:27 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Has it been proved beyond all reasonable doubt that Keano meant to damage Haaland with that tackle? Has Keano come out in a press conference and said 'Yes, I went out to do him damage'?

He might have gone in a bit hard but only Keano knows if he thought 'Here's my chance - I'm going to have that b@stard' or 'I'll go in a bit hard here seeing as though it's Alfie'.

Anyway, I hope Keano did try to do him some harm. That @rse Haaland isn't all innocent. I mean, fancy referring to your rivals as 'scum' and 'munichs' on your personal website. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I just wish his foot, of the leg Keano went in on, had been on the ground at the time of the 'challenge' and then it would have ended his career, no doubt.

I'm surprised you'd have Wise back. I've never rated him. Always thought he was just there as a wind up merchant, ala Nicky Butt...
Old 18 October 2002, 05:39 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

swin

i am surprised you call yourself a sports fan

also if you get into a discussion at least take the time to read the f*cking post.
Old 18 October 2002, 05:58 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Anyway, I hope Keano did try to do him some harm. That @rse Haaland isn't all innocent. I mean, fancy referring to your rivals as 'scum' and 'munichs' on your personal website. I just wish his foot, of the leg Keano went in on, had been on the ground at the time of the 'challenge' and then it would have ended his career, no doubt

What sort of statement is that to make
Old 18 October 2002, 06:28 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

What, so it's OK for Haaland to refer to Man Utd as 'munichs' then is it? It's all right for him to take the p1ss out of a tragedy that cost many Utd players and staff their lives is it?

So, Redkop for instance, would you laugh it off if a rival fan started taking the p1ss and calling you 'hillsboroughs' would you? Do you think if a rival player did it then someone like Gerrard wouldn't go in a bit harder than he usually does when 'tackling' him, for a bit of revenge?
Old 18 October 2002, 06:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Niel

Is Keane any worse, on the pitch probably not, as a player certainly not , off the pitch he has done nothing to compare with the dwarf.

Redkop this thread was about Wise and soon moves onto Keane, thats the way it goes. sort of brings my point back into perspective.

Dave

Old 18 October 2002, 08:58 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Yeah I have had pi$$taking and nasty comments about Hillsborough and Heysel made to me. But FFS when will people stop taking things so seriously - after all its only a fecking GAME - not a matter of life or death or to wish injury on anyone for christs sake. Thats taking it a bit too far! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 18 October 2002, 09:23 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

funki
yep, good points. keane's bad behaviour has mainly been on the pitch and the wise incident was not. all i was trying to do was point out how clubs can react differently given certain situations

redkop
you hit the nail on the head. football is a game. i'm passionate about it and i know most of the people who have posted here share that view, regardless of which team you support

what is not acceptable to me is inciting players to break someones leg because of what they said. what a t*sser!

after all mrs becks doesn't really favour the back door, all scousers aren't thieves, chelsea's team are not rent boys and spurs fans aren't all jewish etc etc. these things are part of football and the players have to put up with it every time they play.

when they cant handle it is when it goes wrong

Old 18 October 2002, 10:00 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Well said Neil!
Old 18 October 2002, 10:57 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

True Neil true

Sometimes i grimace when Fergie/Utd come out in defence of a player/incident so rapidly without thinking things through, If it had been Keane smashing Luke Chadwicks jaw for arguments sake it would have improved his looks, only joking, he's no Ian Dowie, I would like to think they would have kicked him out but you know they wouldnt because he is worth £££££££ to them, but if Chadwick did Keane it would be see u later Luke, if wise had done it at Chelsea during his prime would he have been sacked??, its questionable I think Wise (prime)/Keane would be transfer listed, the fact that Leicester were in financial trouble and Wise was on top money the Davidson incident was a blessing in disguise for them, not that I would use that as any sort of excuse for Wise.

Dave

Old 19 October 2002, 01:47 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

luke chadwick is certinly no oil painting but to compare him to ian dowie is a little harsh ;-)

ian dowie lives near me and waltzed into a local curry house one saturday night when i was in there. you can imagine the routine, footballer with mates in tow (all armani suits) lording it up for the punters..

all i can say is what a looker, not. the cameras flattered him, im afraid. another thread maybe? minging footballers

Peter beardsley is too obvious. there's the other usual suspects like zola, keown
Old 19 October 2002, 01:50 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

oh and other one is jonathon woodgate. he doesnt look well to me.

no wonder they call him the ghost
Old 19 October 2002, 08:33 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Here's a few more for you Neil

Jaap Stam
Francis Jeffers
Abel Xavier
Stephen Wright
Gary Neville
Phil Neville
Fredrik Ljungberg
Lee Hendry
Jason McAteer
Teddy Sheringham
Ed de Goey
Gareth Southgate
Old 19 October 2002, 08:48 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

good ones

mind you my second cousin went out with southgate's sister

she was very nice ;-)
Old 19 October 2002, 11:32 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Yeah I have had pi$$taking and nasty comments about Hillsborough and Heysel made to me. But FFS when will people stop taking things so seriously - after all its only a fecking GAME - not a matter of life or death or to wish injury on anyone for christs sake.
Hmmm... Well, in a roundabout kind of way it is a matter of life or death when fans,players, or anyone, takes the p1ss out of such tragedy's as Munich, Hillsborough, Heysel, etc... These are huge tragedy's in football and certainly players should know better than to cause, no doubt, great upset to people associated with the respective club.

I'm sure you still get a little lump in your throat when Hillsborough is mentioned, if I was honest so do I, and I wouldn't have wished my worst enemy to have been caught up in all that. Well the Munich disaster is on a similar scale for our club and to have a rival player taking the p1ss is despicable.

Anyway, this is going way off topic now and let's cut the insults shall we?

Old 19 October 2002, 07:05 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Fine by me
Old 19 October 2002, 07:24 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

that's fine

and the mighty blues beating city today has cheered me up no end

and a few united fans too no doubt................