Sport General sport discussion

Spurs vs chelsea cup final

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2015, 06:37 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Spurs vs chelsea cup final

Huge spurs fan here !! Happy were going to Wembley but gutted we went out of Europe esp after watching the two games agains florentina we were the better team and should have gone through.. I'm not biased

Anyways back on topic we smashed chelsea earlier in the season can we do it again I hope so I'm just abit worried that the amount of games (will be 3 this week). I think we are looking tired i just hope the boys can rise to the occasion and bring some silverware back to WHL on Sunday

We have some great young talented kids coming through such as Kane, mason, bentaleb, dier that coupled the the talent in the squad such as Erikson, lloris verts to name a few I think we def have the talent in the squad to put one over on big spending chelski this weekend and progress massively under Mauricio Pochettino over the coming seasons that cuppled with a new stadium on the horizon things are looking bright if ur Lillywhite

Coys time to spank the blues !!
Old 27 February 2015, 07:34 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Fingers crossed.Come on you Spurs !
Old 27 February 2015, 11:14 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's on my birthday so naturally hoping for a win....... But this a Mourinho Chelsea with people who've been and won finals. We didn't beat a Mourinho Chelsea team when we won this last time. The optimist wishes for a cheeky 1-0 after extra time. The realist remembers a certain FA Cup semi final, where one of the best Spurs teams in recent history got absolutely ruined 5-1 by Chelsea. Genuinely couldn't call it and that freak win on Jan 1st is not a yardstick tbh. Our conversion rate isn't exactly doing us favours. Fingers crossed but won't be placing bets.
Old 28 February 2015, 12:53 AM
mickeymouse
Scooby Regular

Sadly this season you guys have not played well at all on the Sunday after playing in Europe on the Thursday.. And IMHO it's not going to go well this time for you either..Chelsea are just far to strong in depth as well as first team... Guess that's what happens when you can spend *****-nilly EVERY season..something I'm strongly against.. But that's another story..

Hoping for spurs win.. Think it will be close.. But Chelsea to edge it 2-1.
Old 02 March 2015, 10:43 AM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Like I said, we didn't beat a Mourinho team last time Wisdom prevailed! One good thing to take away was that we played pretty well in the first half and the team is very young. If Levy can offload Soldado, Adebayor, Fazio, Paulinho and the rest of the dross in the summer it'll only help. Annoyingly, they are not bad players at all. Adebayor under Redknapp and Sherwood was an utter weapon (by Spurs standards) as was Paulinho. They just aren't ticking under this guy and the Manager is one thing Spurs need to stick with for once! Arsenal fans constantly bemoan Wenger, but his record is very consistent and I'd swap his 17 plus years for ours in a heartbeat!!

I still only see us remaining as a top 6 team knocking on the top 4's door. As much as Levy is reported as saying Tottenham must be a top 4 team, it makes no financial sense to a selling club to do so. Top 4 teams rarely sell to each other and they tend to have the money. Levy cannot expect to win trophies and play amongst Europe's elite without it costing money.

A slightly better conversion rate of goals to possession would be nice. We keep finishing games with 60-65% possession but losing/drawing shows inefficiency.

Swansea next. No more Thursday evening distractions. Bring it on