Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

*** Convoy to the ESC meet Sat 1st Aug ***

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2009, 03:12 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile *** Convoy to the ESC meet Sat 1st Aug ***

For those wanting to take a trip down to the ESC meet which is this Sat night, you can join us in convoy from South Mimms (where A1 meets M25).

Meeting at South Mimms services (in the BP petrol st) at 6pm.
We'll take a sedate drive down there to arrive at 7pm.

At approx 8pm we all leave to cruise down to South End and there will be filming happening so make sure your car is clean and tidy ...mine will be looking a right state since its a write off, but I'll be hiding it from the camera!
Old 27 July 2009, 06:59 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

is anyone welcome to join in with this?
Old 27 July 2009, 08:07 PM
WhatswiththeR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be there i aint got nothing better to do lol is it restricted to scoobs only?
Old 27 July 2009, 08:12 PM
C8XY
Scooby Regular

I'll be there unbolting bits off alexs car

Should be a good night, looking forward to it
Old 27 July 2009, 08:51 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

anyone coming from cambridge way?
Old 27 July 2009, 09:21 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

i'll bring the R35 down and a friend in CTR, see you there alex
Old 27 July 2009, 09:34 PM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

Originally Posted by DaOne
anyone coming from cambridge way?
We normally go down from royston but not this time. Maybe if you go next time we could meet at the duxford junction and convoy down from there.
If you have`nt been before the ESC are a real friendly bunch just don`t be afraid to say hello.
Have a great cruise.
If you`ve been before just ignore my ramblings.
Old 28 July 2009, 10:24 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Sorry didnt get a chance to get online last nite, but to answer questions...

I cant speak for the ESC, but as already said they're all lovely ppl and I'm sure they wont mind if other cars come down (especially if they're Jap cars), as for me I'd say ALL are welcome whatever you drive!

I know someone that came down to one of the meets in 2007 in a Fiesta ST or Zetec or whatever it was, but coz of his visit to the meet and seeing the cars and talking to ppl about them, he's now got a scooby! So for that reason alone I'd say ANY car is welcome - we must try and convert the population to all drive scoobys!
Old 28 July 2009, 11:11 AM
Arkwright
Scooby Regular

Location: Happy that I'm back in a Scooby - but maybe I should have told the wife...!

I`ve seen ferrari`s, skylines, Honda`s, fiesta`s, MR2`s no one has been turned away. And let`s face it as you said alex if you come with an open mind it won`t be long before you realise the right thing to do is drive a scoob.
Oh and if you want to come just to race a scoob in case anyone forgets to mention it from basildon tesco`s to south end seafront I don`t think I have seen a bigger population of speed camera`s anywhere on the planet. Sure the little beggers are breeding.
Old 28 July 2009, 02:21 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Good point I should have mentioned...

Its not a race or a competition to see who can blast off the lights fastest... the ESC have a policy of sensible driving and request that there are no wheel spins or donuts in Tesco car park as good behaviour means Tesco will continue to allow the ESC to meet there

Show ppl that not all scooby drivers and boy racers... there is another side to driving scoobys and if more ppl see that then they will appreciate the cars more, just like we all do

Simon - just pm'd you about my car...
Old 29 July 2009, 12:53 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

For the guys that came to the HERTS meet last Sun, I told you about Tinys gorgeous rally-slag scooby... well it wont be there coz Tiny cant make this meet so if you were lookin 4ward to a bit of car-****, I'm afraid it'll have to wait til the Sept meet...

...but there will be a lot of nice cars there thats guaranteed!

I'm not going to do a list for this convoy, just be at the BP for 6pm and we leave at 6.15pm sharp... if you just miss us, we'll be on the M25 heading eastbound (towards the M11) and will be getting off the M25 on to the A127.
Old 29 July 2009, 12:55 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaOne
is anyone welcome to join in with this?

Just incase I win big on the lotto this weekend, bring your V5 and I'll bring a wad of cash!
Old 29 July 2009, 06:56 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alex_00s
Just incase I win big on the lotto this weekend, bring your V5 and I'll bring a wad of cash!

it made 392 on the rollers last time

anyone else coming near ish to cambridge way?
Old 30 July 2009, 09:59 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

That is bonkers... I think I'd crash it if I owned it... with all that power comes great responsibilty, lol... and I'm the most irresponsible person I know
Old 30 July 2009, 10:00 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

WOZA comes down from Stevenage... not sure if he's coming, I'll text him and find out.
Old 30 July 2009, 07:53 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

WOZA comes down from Stevenage... not sure if he's coming, I'll text him and find out.

cool, let me know
Old 30 July 2009, 08:24 PM
C8XY
Scooby Regular

Looking forward to this, just read the rules in the ESC section - sounds like a right pose fest!
Just spraying the rear bumper addons, they look like they've come out alright.

DaOne - hopefully you'll be in attendance mate, would like to check out your carbon bonnet, lovely looking motor
Old 30 July 2009, 08:37 PM
e6tony'sDaughter1
Scooby Newbie

I'll be there
Old 30 July 2009, 09:37 PM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

Guys it will be good if you do all come down, the more the merrier.

David
Old 30 July 2009, 10:27 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

anyone else from cambridge way?
Old 30 July 2009, 10:50 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Good point I should have mentioned...

Its not a race or a competition to see who can blast off the lights fastest... the ESC have a policy of sensible driving and request that there are no wheel spins or donuts in Tesco car park as good behaviour means Tesco will continue to allow the ESC to meet there

Show ppl that not all scooby drivers are boy racers... there is another side to driving scoobys and if more ppl see that then they will appreciate the cars more, just like we all do
Hi Alex thanks for pointing that out, it's appreciated. We have run the ESC Posers Cruise for more years than I care to remember & have a great bunch of Posers in a great variety of cars & all sensible owners & their families are welcome.

We do run to a system which , touch wood, has kept things ticking over with no incidents on the road & no hassle given to our hosts Tesco or the boys in blue. I will probably be lead car in the Stealth Wagon with another car yet to be decided & we will guide the convoy down to the seafront.

Our friends the "Interceptors" have joined us in the past for a informal chat about cars & a bit of PR at Tescos & again when we parked up on the seafront. They can't half put away some doughnuts.

One Posers night one of them rang me (handsfree) as the convoy passed them in a lay by on the 127 as we headed for Southend. We were complemented on our good behaviour & steady progress.

It will help you guys to have an enjoyable evening & get the most out of it if you check out the ESC thread. This will explain the route we take once we leave Tescos & where we re-group etc. A 2 way radio set to Channel 1 is handy to hear what's going on as well.

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...st-august.html

Drive safe & above all have fun & enjoy
Old 31 July 2009, 05:55 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Hi Alex thanks for pointing that out, it's appreciated. We have run the ESC Posers Cruise for more years than I care to remember & have a great bunch of Posers in a great variety of cars & all sensible owners & their families are welcome.

We do run to a system which , touch wood, has kept things ticking over with no incidents on the road & no hassle given to our hosts Tesco or the boys in blue. I will probably be lead car in the Stealth Wagon with another car yet to be decided & we will guide the convoy down to the seafront.

Our friends the "Interceptors" have joined us in the past for a informal chat about cars & a bit of PR at Tescos & again when we parked up on the seafront. They can't half put away some doughnuts.

One Posers night one of them rang me (handsfree) as the convoy passed them in a lay by on the 127 as we headed for Southend. We were complemented on our good behaviour & steady progress.

It will help you guys to have an enjoyable evening & get the most out of it if you check out the ESC thread. This will explain the route we take once we leave Tescos & where we re-group etc. A 2 way radio set to Channel 1 is handy to hear what's going on as well.

https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-scoo...st-august.html

Drive safe & above all have fun & enjoy

Old 31 July 2009, 12:05 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Its good clean fun and getting respect from the police goes a long way as it'll help dettach whatever bad stigma scooby's mite have in the eyes of the law that they are only bought and owned by idiots wanting to race everything in their sights...

Leave that to the 17yr olds in the Citroen Saxo's with the big-bore exhausts, lol
Old 31 July 2009, 02:17 PM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

To the guys coming down with tools and ideas of stripping my car... sorry, I've prov sold the car as is - so unfortunately no bits will be coming off... I will still bring a few bits and bobs down like scoops and what not that Rob was interested in.