Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Scummy robbing *******

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2008, 01:30 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Scummy robbing *******

Post to warn peeps in the Hertfordshire area .....

Came home to my scooby the other day and found my drivers door part open with the lock damaged and the bonnet also part open .... looked like someone had tried to take her (in daylight!) ..... they'd failed mostly since the battery was flat where she's been off the road for too long lol! That said, battery now on charge to bring the clifford back on line and several other preventative measures taken including boxing her in with my work van.

On top of that, just over an hour ago a mate had his other half's one tried for too. They live about 10 minutes up the road from me so we're tarring the scum with the same brush here, particularly since it was the same style - doors and bonnet. This time they DID get the car started despite it's alarm and imobiliser and when they were disturbed they pointed what looked like a gun at the house window where his misses was n told my mate to shut the front door n leave them alone or they'd kill him. Not cool. They rang the police and shouted out the window at the scum that the coppers were on their way. Scum legged it fortunately leaving the car. Unfortunately they were well out before the police got there but to be fair to the boys in blue, from what i'm told they were there pretty damn quick.

Granted it was dark and my mates misses may have made a mistake with what she thought she saw in terms of the gun but being real about it, nobody wants to find out for sure! Make sure your toys are as secure as possible peeps and by the sounds of things these guys are serious about their business so if they do turn up don't get in their way .... potentially dead is a real bad way to spend xmas methinks
Old 10 December 2008, 11:54 AM
Shiver
Scooby Regular

Jesus! That's not good at all.

Where in Herts are you?
Old 10 December 2008, 11:54 AM
Peter 300
Scooby Regular

where abouts in herts was this mate???????????
Old 10 December 2008, 03:19 PM
Lady T
Scooby Regular

OMG

Sorry to hear that mate, at least you guys are all safe as well as the cars.

I dont get these idiots...even if they got the car, how far are they going to get after you report it stolen?!

SCUM is just the word for them!
Old 10 December 2008, 07:44 PM
rikky
Scooby Regular

you see there is always that risk when driving these cars. Its not fair but it happens far to much. you guys are lucky. Some tips.

When your at the lights or junction keep enough space infront of you from the other car just incase you need to drive off.

Doors locked. oh the other scam is they block the drive way with your bin you get out to move it with the car running they jump in drive off.

Also now its winter you start your car keep it running and scrape the ice of to risky in Langley a women was doing that got it over the head and when they took her motor they run her over. BE CAREFUL
Old 10 December 2008, 09:31 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

**** thats bad . close to home to

lets hope these theiving ****** try to nick the wrong persons car and they get killed ... painfully , with hammers and acid
Old 11 December 2008, 02:12 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

update on this ...

firstly apologies but Chinese whispers was in full effect - the exact words spoken to the person that told me were "the car was moving" ... not, the car was running like he told me. They actually DIDN'T beat the alarm and imobiliser. What they did do was smash he11 out of the steering and ignition so they could steer it while they tried to tow it away. They are as stupid as we all think since the reason they failed to get it off the drive was the idiot piloting it managed to turn too sharply as it came off the drive and wedged the front right wing into a concrete bollard that the council had fitted well since it didn't budge. One trashed scooby The rest was unfortunately accurate however

Not sure whether to be more or less worried about it to be honest though - it was quite concerning to think there was a crew able to bypass the technology we place our faith in to protect our cars (particularly remembering how much i paid for that technology! lol!) but at the same time it's just as worrying that this scum is turning up prepared with tow ropes to drag it off instead!

I didn't want to mention specific locations in my previous post until i was sure my beastie was secured since the alarm wasn't functioning due to the flat battery but now that lots all taken care of (along with a security camera going up over the weekend) i don't mind saying - i'm in Hoddesdon and my mate was in Ware.

I did also spot an 02 plate dark blue fiesta 4-up tonight at about midnight that appeared to be extremely unhappy that i was outside my house in a friends car (baring in mind my house isn't on a main road) - as in, it pulled round the corner, saw us, stopped suddenly and reversed back round the corner quickly then tried to do one when it realised we were already rolling and following it .... friends car is only a fiesta too but we spent the last several months upto now rebuilding, modifying and uprating most of the suspension components on it so it wasn't very taxing to get close enough to get the rest of the plate even though he did take us on a nice little run around! Don't know if it's the same guys or not but it all seemed a little bit too dodgy considering everything recently so i'll be keeping a note of that plate ..... it's somewhere to start looking if anything happens eh?! lol!

Last edited by scoobymad555; 11 December 2008 at 02:14 AM. Reason: missed a bit!
Old 11 December 2008, 02:13 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
lets hope these theiving ****** try to nick the wrong persons car and they get killed ... painfully , with hammers and acid

Old 11 December 2008, 08:30 AM
Shiver
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the update - will keep my ear to the ground at my end and let everyone know if anything happens.