Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Hants. Scoobies and Sparshatts of Botley

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2006, 08:40 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hants. Scoobies and Sparshatts of Botley

Hello everyone I'm a newbie down South but been with Scoobies for a while in South Wales.

Not sure if anyone has seen the thread http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=499709&highlight=Sparshatts ? IMO they are a good dealer. I know they have let people down in the past including Pete Lewis but....

Having raised the above thread with the MD last week he promptly signed up to SN and replied to all the points made. This is a good sign. He emailed me today and wants to host a meet at the dealership to address our concerns and also provide a venue for a meet and a chance to get a better partnership going on. This will allowing us to see\drive the new models and also allow us to question why on things that we are not happy with. We also spend a better chance as a group of getting better group buys deals and lifts or courtesy cars if we get serviced there. This is all up for discussion mind you based upon uptake and consensus so don't quote me. I know he has an axe to grind but why wouldn't we want to?

He also wants to do a stand at Alton 06 if he can?

What I would like to know is anyone interested in this?

If so how soon?

What would you like to see or hear on the night?
Sales, Servicing, maybe a Prodrive rep if they could arrange this?

If you just want to put them down this is not for you. If you have experienced poor service in the past and see this as a chance to voice that politely and constructively to make it better for the future then this is an ideal opportunity. If you already use them then you'll want to go anyway. Sorry for the length of the post....

What do you think? I've emailed Terry Buckel about this and awaiting a reply. Not sure if he is just SIDC or very active in here as well. Apologies if I am stepping on peoples toes but wnated to get this out there to see what people think?

Enough for now I'll leave this to you to decide if you think this is a good thing or not. this will also go on SIDC and hants Scoobies as this is a Marque night not just a club night. Hope you like the idea?

Thanks for listening and I hope to make it to a meet soon.

Gazz.
Old 21 March 2006, 08:54 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Hmmm personally ive found another mechanic whom i trust implicitely (sp) I went there to buy a car, a few years ago granted but theres still a bad taste in my mouth. Id go to see them but would i trust them?? To many bad stories banded about im afraid.
Old 21 March 2006, 09:05 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Hence the need to tell them this and let them put it right. If they don't listen then fine we stay as we are and you can share your contacts but to have a Dealer on side and listening to our needs and meeting them where they can. Must be a good thing.

Why not give them one chance? What will you lose apart from a night with the usual crowd and the chance to meet some new people and listen to what the dealer has to offer?
Old 21 March 2006, 09:41 PM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a good idea.
Top marks for sorting something like this out!!