Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

*BIG* thanks to Buzz & Jen...

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2005, 06:14 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking *BIG* thanks to Buzz & Jen...

...for organising the Sandy ***** weekend & treasure hunt. Eleanor and I had a fabulous time - you did a great job keeping us entertained, and we're looking forward to next year

Pics to follow soon
Old 16 May 2005, 11:15 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't mention NEXT YEAR!!!!
I think he'll have a nervous break down

Simon already knows how Ang and I feel but well done yet again!!
You know who to call if you need another hand for more future events.

Andy thanks for the brew hope the remains made it home OK.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:25 PM
No-bars Krud
Scooby Regular

Location: SIDC East Sussex Regional Organiser and 555 Wagon Squadron Flight Officer

I have been posting thanks on all the previous threads relating to this weekend, but this is a more appropriate place - thanks Andy.

Better repeat what I have said elsewhere then - brilliant organisation from Buzz, ably supported by Iain and Bee, who also did a fantastic job supporting the auctioneer. Jen and Dan organised a brilliant treasure hunt too. We are very lucky to have such people in the local Subaru community, who expand on the enjoyment we all get from owning and driving our cars.
Old 16 May 2005, 11:30 PM
Pink Bunny
Scooby Regular

Well done to everyone who was involved and especially Simon and Sarah I had a fantastci weekend cant wait for the next one
Old 17 May 2005, 01:30 PM
*Jen*
Scooby Regular

It was Good to see you lot again

I still have the trophy from the treasure hunt! A little engraved plaque (sp?!) - so if the person who came first (I can't even remember now ) can let me have their address I'll post it off, if not, I'll give to to Iain/Simon at MENCAP and they can pass it on at a local meet

Well done Simon - superbly organised Hope you're getting good nights sleep now...
Old 17 May 2005, 10:17 PM
Buzz Blaber
Scooby Regular

First i would like to thank Bee (the wife)for being so supportive, cooking cleaning and doing all the things that i asked for this weekend, it wouldnt have happend without her.

jen your cool loved the treasurehunt and good luck with mencap

dyney thanks for the suport and guidence and teaching me stuff on computers, still need to learn how to post up pics!!!!!!!!!

Lastly i would like to thank all for joining us and i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did, we raised £550.04 pence for the Ms society and i shall receve 25% of the takings from all pictures that are bought from Top pix, so there is still more money to come, well done all of you for joining us as this will help a good cause, for those of you that dont know me that well i lost my Mum to this illness and £38 pounds will run there call centre for six hours.

Last edited by Buzz Blaber; 17 May 2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 18 May 2005, 04:59 PM
S300BY J
Scooby Regular

Thanks Simon and Sarah for a great weekend, and everybody else we spent time with. Apart from the treasure hunt it was a relaxing and enjoyable weekend, in fact great

Julie and Hugh x
Old 18 May 2005, 09:02 PM
Nick100
Scooby Regular

Thanks again for the treasure hunt - really was excellent.
And it was great to meet you all.
Buzz - Sounds like a good result for the charity collection, although it does beg the question - Who gave the £0.04 pence
Seriously, well done. I didn't realise the significance of the cause to you - Sorry to hear that.

I looked up the Mencap treasure hunt which sounded good too. Unfortunately that day We're heading up to the great scooby county full of twisties in the Lake District for a week. We'll have fun and hope you all do too.

Cheers
Nick

Last edited by Nick100; 18 May 2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Almost forgot there are two of us !!
Old 18 May 2005, 09:26 PM
Buzz Blaber
Scooby Regular

the cause is not so significance for me i have done all sorts of charity work over the years for all sorts of charities and thought it was about time i gave something back to a cause that my family have needed help from, i was very young when she past away so please no one should feel sorry for me. i class my self as lucky i have good health, lovely group of friends and i know how lucky i am

if i have missed a thanks to any body who helped me out then thanks and thanks again to everybody who partisibated ofer the weekend of events.

please could i ask people for ideas of what events they would like next year as this is your weekend i am just the organiser

Simon
Old 18 May 2005, 10:02 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I've posted an odd few photos of the event

There's plenty more of course, anyone who wants copies please send me a PM if you haven't already done so.