Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

( ( RALLYE SUNSEEKER 2004 ) )

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2004, 11:53 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rallye Sunseeker, the largest Motorsport event in the south of England’s sporting calendar, is taking place over the weekend of 27/28th February 2004 and several innovations are being incorporated into the schedule.

Organised jointly by Southern Car Club Ltd and Croydon & District Motor Club Ltd, the rally is sponsored for the sixth consecutive year by Poole-based Sunseeker International and retains its Headquarters at the Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel.

Of their continued involvement, John Braithwaite, Design and Technical Director of Sunseeker International, said “Rallye Sunseeker has been an important part of our events calendar for the last few years and has proved very successful in raising the profile of the company, not only locally but within the motor sport environment as a whole. It’s a great day for drivers and spectators alike and we have clients in both camps. This years event should be one of the best and I wish the organisers and competitors the very best of luck.”
For the first time, Rallye Sunseeker features a Friday-night section which will see competitors tackling two floodlit special stages which run through the Gardens, in the centre of Bournemouth, and out along the Promenade. Following an overnight halt, crews will resume at 08.15 on Saturday morning as they head out to stages in Wareham Forest, none of which has been used since the late 1990s, further forestry stages in and around Ringwood, interspersed with three visits to stages specifically designed with spectators in mind at Somerley Park.

The finish of the rally, with the traditional champagne spraying, will take place back in Bournemouth, adjacent to the Pier, where the first car is due to arrive at 6.00pm on the Saturday evening.

2004 Rallye Sunseeker is a qualifying round of the Kumho National Rally Championship, the Mitsubishi Evolution Challenge and the Peugeot 206 Super Cup, as well as a number of regional Rally Championships. Consequently, take-up for the 120 places available on the entry list is expected to be high.

Rallye Sunseeker gives you the chance to see the country’s top rally drivers in action.

•Starting on Friday 27th February with Scrutineering at the Littledown Centre in Bournemouth, you will be able to see all the cars undergoing safety checks – listen to
driver interviews and collect those autographs.
•ADMISSION IS FREE. Details of the times will be posted here at a later date
•Friday evening sees the start of the rally action!
•For the first time on Rallye Sunseeker competitors will contest two of the special stages through the Lower Gardens. There’s a full commentary on all the action and probably a few surprises and IT’S FREE TO WATCH!
•On Saturday 28th February the action continues with special stages in Ringwood, Uddens and Wareham Forest and at Somerley Park.
•Each special stage has its own car park giving access to the designated viewing areas. A rover ticket, which gives access to all of the car parks for the Ringwood, Udden and Wareham Forest stages, is just £10.
•Somerley Park, near Ringwood, will be not only be hosting 3 special stages of the rally but also Motorfair 2004 where you will be able to view the Classic 200, a collection of classic vehicles displayed by their enthusiast owners but also a wide range of modern vehicles presented by the areas major motor retailers. Car parking is £10
•More details soon!

•To get the best of the action on Rallye Sunseeker make sure you get a copy of the Official Programme.
•The colour souvenir programme will give you details of where to watch and when, plus details of all the competing crews, driver interviews and much, much more.
•The programme can be ordered, with your car park tickets, by mail order.Go to the top of this page.
•The programme will go on sale at the following locations on Saturday 21st February 2004:
•Hurn Post Office--Wimborne Tourist Office--Newsplash, Littledown Centre, Bournemouth--Bournemouth Tourism--Highcliff Marriott hotel, Bournemouth

P.S. this is avery goog event to watch! i will be going this year as i have been to the past 3 years!
You get up close and personal to the cars in the service and almost as close to thme when they are rally!
Old 25 January 2004, 11:55 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

P.S. its in Hamphsire - Bournemouth

http://www.rallyesunseeker.co.uk
Old 25 January 2004, 12:02 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last time I looked, most of Bournemouth was in Dorset!

Either way, i'll be there for some of it!!
Old 25 January 2004, 12:55 PM
glen4
Scooby Regular

Talking

RON
last time I looked the whole of bournemouth was in Dorset. Hampshire? lmao
Old 25 January 2004, 05:39 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'll be there again
Old 25 January 2004, 07:07 PM
springbok
Scooby Regular

Should be going again this year, some pics I took from last years event below.

More pics on my website here
Old 26 January 2004, 05:54 PM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

I have just looked at the website and this rally seems a really good deal compared to Wales Rally GB, and its closer!

Could someone advise me whether it is it better to get the pass for the 3 Somerly Stages (is it the same stage run 3 times) or the rover pass for Ringwood, Udden and Wareham Forest stages.

Alan
Old 26 January 2004, 07:27 PM
dean harris
Scooby Regular

Lemmy,
Go for the rover pass, Somerley isn't really worth the extra £10 on a value for money scale.You would be better going to an extra forest stage.But that is only my opinion for what it is worth.
Dean
Old 26 January 2004, 10:44 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Ill be going
Old 26 January 2004, 11:54 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Somerley is fine as long as you have a good eyesight as they make you stand well back from the action. Fine for family viewing lots to do and see as well as the rally, but if you are a hardened rally fan you will be best off in the forests as Dean says.

John
Old 27 January 2004, 09:45 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

I'm going with Ian Sadler & Gossy Looking forward to it again because it's a great rally