Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Sussex Area/Dent Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2003, 08:03 AM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Location: West Sussex-Scoob stripped :( Hello Audi A6 4.2V8 Quattro :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just spoken to a dent removal company, guy called Lee, he is mobile and originally I was going to ask him around my house, as I have a typical finger dent in my front wing.He was going to charge about £60, but when I mentioned cash this went down to £40 and when I mentioned getting a couple of cars together, obviously scoobs, this went down to about £25.
Now I think this price is per dent? rather than per panel but looking at other threads on dent removal companies I don't think this was a bad price.
Part of this deal was that he is extremely busy on weekends so he was going to come around my house on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday when he is not as busy as I do shift work this suits me fine.I just want to hear from people from around this area if you are interested in getting your dents removed on the three days mentioned earlier.My area being around the Crawley/M23 area.If I get little response I will do this around my house, if I get a good response I might organise the meet at Pease pottage services where the West Sussex lot meet every month.
Everyone can find it and its got a huge car park.
Thanks everyone Kevin.
Old 11 May 2003, 10:35 AM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Location: Down South to Ooop North to Back Down South again!!
Cheers for the e-mail about this Kev. Being a magnet for other peoples car doors, disco equipment & the front end of a particular car I think I must have monopoly on attracting dents!! I wouldn't mind getting involved in this as even during the week it would be fine (being just around the corner from my office ). The problem I have is that if it's a price per dent then it will cost me a fortune I think I counted 13 small car door dents in one door Per panel & i'm there but otherwise I think i'm gonna have to give it a miss

Cheers

MAFFA
Old 11 May 2003, 04:00 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

BTTT
Old 11 May 2003, 04:26 PM
Col Stone
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Kev it's not a scoob but Debbie is borowing her dads honda stream this week and its new but got a small bonnet dent she would be able to come around yours wed-fri afternoons if thats ok give us a bell 887866
Cheers Col P.S she can collect the feeler gauges!
Old 11 May 2003, 07:08 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Sorry Colin, I've been having sooooo much fun since replacing coils and spark plugs I forgot I've still got them!!!!!!
Anyway thats two of us on the list I'll phone you.
Kev.
Old 12 May 2003, 12:36 AM
ScoobyDuck
Scooby Regular

any chance this guy can get the standard crease from other car doors out ? coz I've got quite a few - but they are quite fine - but bl00dy annoying !

Steve
Old 12 May 2003, 07:43 AM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

I will ask him Tuesday when he phones me to confirm details,
Old 12 May 2003, 05:27 PM
ScoobyDuck
Scooby Regular

cheers Kev !
Old 13 May 2003, 07:53 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

I've just spoken to Lee today, he said he can get the creases out of doors just like he does the dents!! as long as the paint is not split.
I confirmed the price etc and he said he will do £35 a panel cash
So I presume this means whatever is on that panel he will repair.This is still half price so I'm going to go ahead as my one dent is driving me mad!!.The only change is that he wants to do the appointment on Saturday after about midday so if this is okay with everyone please get back to me on this thread. I presume myself and Debbie are two definates.If I get more than three cars I might change the venue from my house to Pease pottage as mentioned earlier.
Kev
Old 13 May 2003, 10:06 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Talking

Kev,

Keep the guys number as I think I could give him an all dayer on mine Just got to sort the mortgage & a few other bits out first

£35 x at least 6 panels is a good days work IMHO Does he do wheel refurbishment as I could probably get a bulk buy discount all on my own

MAFFA
Old 13 May 2003, 10:13 PM
MAFFA
Scooby Regular

Kev,

Thanks for the mail mate. I'll swing by on Saturday & have a chat with the bloke & see if he can do my car another time

MAFFA
Old 14 May 2003, 10:17 AM
BigMikeyBoy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Kev, was gonna give you a shout and say yes to possibly having the odd dink removed, however it seems that i am having about the same sort of luck as Brian when it comes to scoob ownership!
TooK it to Gatwick Subaru yesterday for a 37500 service, dropped it off at 8:30 and it was sounding sweet, picked it up at 4pm, drove it 2 miles and " dugga, dugga, dugga " !!
Drove it very slowly back, they looked at with a bemused expression and came to the conclusion that it was big end related and possibly no.2 had dropped out!
Now as you can imagine i am a little pi55ed off at the moment as this is the second time this has happened to me, had the same problem with the RB5 last year, thought these motors were to be reliable!
Gatwick Subaru have still got the car and are going to get to the bottom of the problem, then hopefully fix it under a warranty job, looks like i will be scoobless for a while though!

Mikey
Old 14 May 2003, 11:12 AM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Mike sorry to hear about that but as you know I've been there done it got the t shirt, hope it gets fixed quickly.Obviously trying to outrun my WRX last sunday was too much for your P1................................
Scoobyduck are you still interested in getting your creases sorted ? and I'm not talking about the ones in your trousers?
Old 14 May 2003, 05:34 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you mail me his number, as I used Dent Devil a while back. They did get the dent/crease out but charged £75.

If this guy is cheaper, I will use him in the future..
Old 14 May 2003, 06:11 PM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I could be interested! I'll check out the car and cash situation and get back to you!
Old 14 May 2003, 07:13 PM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Smile

Scott, this guy Lee was charging £60 but as he lives and works around the Crawley area and I've organised about three cars that's why he can do a panel for £35,(cash) I'll e mail you his number if you still want it?.
Ian no problem let me know what your doing?
Debbie and scoobyduck can you post again just to confirm you still want to go ahead????????
Old 14 May 2003, 09:28 PM
Col Stone
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Kev
Deb swaps the Honda back tommorow as I don't need hers for now but she is still up for the dent removal. We will pick the Honda up from her dad when the guy is about!
Cheers Col
Old 17 May 2003, 07:55 AM
KEVWRX95
Scooby Regular

Colin I'll give you or Debbie a ring after he's finished my car, save you standing around this afternoon.
Scoobyduck
Dyney
Can you let me know what your final decision is?
And Matt I'll see you after Midday.