Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Moderators - please let the Southerners see this

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2003, 09:20 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I've returned from holiday to find that the Police have been wanting details about my Scoob and my whereabouts. The Police in Hemel Hempstead (some 100-odd miles away from where I live), have had reports of non-payment of petrol from various garages by a Subaru in their area, plus more in the London Metropolitan area. The Scoob has appeared on only one CCTV camera - but has been positively identified as a Scoob at others.

What is more disturbing, is that my number plate is being used. Today I have had to go to the local police station to get the police to check the VIN and engine details on my scoob against my registration docs. Not that I've got a problem with that - I've got nothing to hide (only my non-regular number plate)

My reg no. is now on a police file, and should it be flagged up by a suspicious cop when I'm out "enjoying a drive", I'll be pulled over and questioned. So I need to keep the relevant crime log details with me in the car to help me prove my innocence. No big deal, but un-nerving nonetheless.

With the agreement from S de B, I have put out this info.

The car in question is a silver Scoob (mine's not).
The reg used is A2 WRX.

The Police believe that as this petrol non-payment has been reported at least 5 or 6 times since the new year, then it cannot be simply be down to forgetfulness. Its possibly a stolen scoob - but why choose a high-profile reg plate?

So to anyone out there reading this and has seen or knows this scoob, the Police at Hemel Hempstead would love to hear from you - so would I [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Like I say, keeping this at the top for a while would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew

[Edited by Matty B - 4/21/2003 10:49:19 PM]
Old 22 April 2003, 02:16 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry to here this Matt.
Something similar happend down this way a few months ago with a silver Scoob.
Old 22 April 2003, 01:50 PM
ringpuke
Scooby Regular

I also hate to hear of this.

But on the upside if YOU now get caught by a camera speeding, you will have the perfect defense. It woz not me guvna musta been another stolen scoob, but now in an identical colour, the little toerag must like my exclusive number plate. He has put it on the fleet of stolen scoobies he has!!!!!!
Old 22 April 2003, 10:08 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Ok guys - invite the ba$tard to a local meet (and the CID too).

Seroiusly tho', I've put this on General and Was It You forums, where more ppl are viwing and replying. Thanks all the same - and if you do see a silver scoob plated "A2 WRX" then its on the wrong side of our community.

Regards,
Matthew
Old 23 April 2003, 11:40 PM
Lan Man
Scooby Regular

Matt

Have you ever posted any pics with your no. plate vivble, so they could easily rip it off? or have they had to goto more lengths.

LM

Old 23 April 2003, 11:52 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Or if i was to hazard a guess at a plate that was on a scoob, and i wanted to use it for dodgy stuff, it would be a pretty good bet that a2 wrx would be on one [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 27 April 2003, 06:31 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Angry

BTTT for you Matt