Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Details of Goodwwod Charity day - 30/11

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2002, 11:25 PM
Robin "Sloth" H
Scooby Regular

Robin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, let me thank all of you for your support for this event -much appreciated. Below I have listed details of what will be going on / attending during the day, in addition to passenger rides, this is taken directly from the press release I have issued to the local papers etc:-

The provisional line up of cars attending includes:-
Ferraris, Lotus Elise & Exige, Porsche, Subaru Sti, Mitsubishi Evo, Noble M12, Toyota,Celica GT4, Honda Integra Type R, Radical clubsport, Mazda MX5, Clio Cup, Caterham SuperSprint, BMWs etc etc.

Other highlights of the day will include:-

· Discounted helicopter rides courtesy of Flymagic (www.flymagic.co.uk) in JetRanger Helicopter
· Challenger Helicopter Simulator
· 2002 BTCC Honda Civic Type-R race car supplied by Arena International (www.btccpages.com/teams2002.php)
· Motorised four poster bed from Cummfy Banana as seen on TV’s ‘Panic Mechanics’ (www.cummfybanana.co.uk)
· A chance to meet Robert Collard, driver in this years BTC Production class which forms part of the overall BTCC series. (www.collardracing.co.uk)
· Giant V8 Robomow – World’s fastest mower?
· Entrants from the famous ‘Cannonball Run’ across Europe (www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk)
· Static club displays, including the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club
· Pit stop wheel change challenge with prizes
· Auction of motoring related items
· Model car racing
· Raffle tickets

Day commences at 10 am for public, “on-track” driving & fund raising activities continue to approx 3.30 pm.

Entrance to Goodwood on the day is open to anyone interested in coming along, with access to the pit area via a small donation to the ward (parking is free). Passenger rides will start from £10 with some rides being auctioned depending upon demand.

As you know the two main aims of the day are to brighten up the lives of a number of young cancer sufferers and to raise as much money as possible for the ward.

With regards to you guys the intention is to get you into the second set of bay's in the paddock - some 30 plus covered slots!!! This forms a good "U" shape and has plenty of area in the middle. Plenty of opertunity for a good display. If you could turn up before the public are due to arrive it would be much appreciated.

Give me a shout should you need further info.

Cheers

Robin
Old 25 November 2002, 09:25 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

If the weather holds, I will be there.
Cheers
Colin