View Single Post
Old 22 November 2010, 12:43 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
So when we loose valued members like ERA, who take offense to the anti-Muslim brigade, is that ok?

Then people post asking why the old members aren't around anymore?
Take a look at NSR and see what it has become.
Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Completely agree, if they deleted too many posts they'd get grief for it.

I'm just stating that from an 'outsiders' point of view (i don't normally post in the anti-Muslim threads) it doesn't come accross well, both the volume or the content of the threads.

(I'll go back to ignoring these threads now)
One of the main reasons the topic keeps cropping up is because when we get to the crux of the matter one or two contributors derail the discussion. I think this is because they either have friends who are Muslims and don't want them to be upset or they broadcast that there isn't an issue and thus, when it becomes apparent there is one, they quickly try to close the debate down so as not to have their position invalidated. The very best thing that can happen is to let the debate run its course so that it doesn't keep resurfacing. It's ironic that the very people that complain about the exposure these threads are getting are the very ones who keep them at the top of the front page. As an example look at the first half dozen posts on this thread.