Notices

Sigma M30 not a CAT1 alarm anymore????

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2013, 02:13 PM
RED22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma M30 not a CAT1 alarm anymore????

I've just a 2000 classic with the Sigma m30 alarm. When it was originally fitted the car was on a private plate. Its not on a private plate any more but the certificate for the alarm has that plate on it. Now my insurance company wont accept the certificate with the original plate and want one with the current reg on.

No problems i thought just get it checked over, get a new cert and the insurance company will be happy. Only problem being that my local alarm shop tells me that the Sigma was taken off the CAT 1 list in 2006 and they wont issue a certificate.

Is this right or have they got it wrong? Any Scooby friendly alarm shops that will or am i really looking at a whole new alarm?

Thanks.
Old 24 August 2013, 05:00 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RED22
I've just a 2000 classic with the Sigma m30 alarm. When it was originally fitted the car was on a private plate. Its not on a private plate any more but the certificate for the alarm has that plate on it. Now my insurance company wont accept the certificate with the original plate and want one with the current reg on.

No problems i thought just get it checked over, get a new cert and the insurance company will be happy. Only problem being that my local alarm shop tells me that the Sigma was taken off the CAT 1 list in 2006 and they wont issue a certificate.

Is this right or have they got it wrong? Any Scooby friendly alarm shops that will or am i really looking at a whole new alarm?

Thanks.
The alarm is still Thatcham as long as it was fitted when it was listed
as long as you have the vin number on the old cert i see no reason why they are being *****
where are you in uk ?
Ian
Old 24 August 2013, 10:13 PM
RED22
Scooby Newbie

Yep the VIN number is on the old cert. I suppose I'm going to have to keep ringing installers till I find one that might be inclined to issue one, but one way or another I need it sorted this week or my insurance gets cancelled. Knowing my luck it'll be £300 on a new alarm.

I'm in SE London/NW Kent.

Thanks.
Old 26 August 2013, 07:59 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RED22
Yep the VIN number is on the old cert. I suppose I'm going to have to keep ringing installers till I find one that might be inclined to issue one, but one way or another I need it sorted this week or my insurance gets cancelled. Knowing my luck it'll be £300 on a new alarm.

I'm in SE London/NW Kent.

Thanks.
Im in Leeds west yorks and would only happy to write a letter for you
but would need to see and inspect car

Ian
Old 26 August 2013, 11:08 PM
RED22
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the offer. If only you were a bit closer my problems would be over. Assuming by your user name you're a TOAD installer? I have be checking around an probably looking at an Ai606 if i cant get a new cert. Will it give me a simple alarm that's going to be trouble free? And would an installer have any problems taking the M30 out to fit it?

Thanks.
Old 28 August 2013, 07:21 PM
RED22
Scooby Newbie

Oh well no luck getting a replacement cert so having new alarm fitted. And there was me thinking I'd checked everything before I brought.