Notices

total closure 03 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2010, 11:24 AM
cockneymfc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default total closure 03 wrx

can i make my standard alarm on my 03 wrx total closure or do i have to buy something to make all the windows close
Old 08 July 2010, 04:15 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

You need to add a unit that will operate the windows. Can be done with an aftermarket unit as long as your standar alarm has an output to tell the unit what to do.
I had to fit an aftermarket alarm (clifford) to a customers car as he wanted that function.
Old 09 July 2010, 12:01 AM
cockneymfc
Scooby Regular

cheers mate can a aftermarket alarm but still use the subaru fob to arm the alarm
Old 09 July 2010, 02:53 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cockneymfc
cheers mate can a aftermarket alarm but still use the subaru fob to arm the alarm
It would have to be a Sigma alarm which is compatable with an M30 alarm remote if yours has the seperate remote, but not sure if it is the one built into the key.

An aftermarket would be the most straight forward but would also cost a few quid.

The best people to go to for stuff like this is a reputiable ICE/Security fitter in your area. IMO though stay away from mobile fitters as in my experiance they give you 0 or very little support.
Old 11 July 2010, 10:09 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a5h
It would have to be a Sigma alarm which is compatable with an M30 alarm remote if yours has the seperate remote, but not sure if it is the one built into the key.

An aftermarket would be the most straight forward but would also cost a few quid.

The best people to go to for stuff like this is a reputiable ICE/Security fitter in your area. IMO though stay away from mobile fitters as in my experiance they give you 0 or very little support.
After 18 years in the business being a mobile fitter i would say i offer a better service than most fitting bay companys
if you have a problem after hours your buggered not with a mobile fitter i offer advise till late and on alarms that i have not fitted
So please do give statements that are unfounded
as the cap does not fit all people
i could give you names of companys that rip people off but that is not my way

Google MR_TOAD and you will see the reputation a mobile fitter has as against a fitting bay company

Ian
Old 15 July 2010, 09:24 AM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
After 18 years in the business being a mobile fitter i would say i offer a better service than most fitting bay companys
if you have a problem after hours your buggered not with a mobile fitter i offer advise till late and on alarms that i have not fitted
So please do give statements that are unfounded
as the cap does not fit all people
i could give you names of companys that rip people off but that is not my way

Google MR_TOAD and you will see the reputation a mobile fitter has as against a fitting bay company

Ian

Fella if you look at my post you will see the words in my experiance and IMO. I have had a number of bad experiance with mobile fitters and such would never use one again so it is not an "unfounded statement" as this is based on my own personal experiance and opion. I accept that it is always the few who spoil it for the majority which might not be your way but is the way of the mobile fitters i have come across in my 14 years of having modified cars. But i am entitled to MY opinion.

Saying that i would always go on a recomendation from a previous customer of some if they were a friend or club member who i knew.
Old 17 July 2010, 12:07 AM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by a5h
Fella if you look at my post you will see the words in my experiance and IMO. I have had a number of bad experiance with mobile fitters and such would never use one again so it is not an "unfounded statement" as this is based on my own personal experiance and opion. I accept that it is always the few who spoil it for the majority which might not be your way but is the way of the mobile fitters i have come across in my 14 years of having modified cars. But i am entitled to MY opinion.

Saying that i would always go on a recomendation from a previous customer of some if they were a friend or club member who i knew.
No Disrespect mate just sick of people branding us as bad people

Yes i know Mobile fitters hear today gone tomorow but also the big guys do the same

Anyhow back to reality
as long as the customer gets the job done and is happy so am i

Regards Ian