Notices

More praise for Max

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2002, 05:28 PM
Brown Baron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yes, yet another post to praise Max's excellent work. I've used quite a few firms in the past, none of them comes close, I'm glad I decided to make the trip. If anyone in the north east is looking for a top quality installation, get yourself down to see Max, it's only £15 return on the train if you book a week in advance.

Once again thanks Max.

Harry_Boy: that Catalunya is now safely back home.

Dox: everything is now back in the box.

You could have posted in the 'was it you' forum, noone ever see me.

Cheers
Mike
Old 15 March 2002, 06:03 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hiya Mike - More magic dust from Max!!! Glad everyone made it back safely. maybe we ought to organise a mini-meet at Max's.... That would OD him on flat fours.
Old 15 March 2002, 11:52 PM
Dox
Scooby Regular

Mike,

Glad everythings back together. I'm actually most glad that I didn't see my car in the state of disassembly that yours was in when I called in to see Max. Sort of like popping in to see how the surgeon's going when he has your nearest and dearest on the operating table.

The place is like a social club, whenever I've been there, there's a steady stream of people popping in for a chat. They all know Max and he seems to know them. Good job open-scoob surgery isn't as sensitive to the "patient" being left for a few minutes as the work they do round the corner at the LGI.

Max did say he was going to improve the hand-over process so that muppets like me and Harry_Boy didn't leave the Cliffnet Wizard box on the counter. I guess it would have been a longer round trip for you to "pop back" for anything you forgot

I'll pop over to "Was it you?" and err, ask if it was you

Seeya
Dox
Old 15 March 2002, 11:58 PM
Brown Baron
Scooby Regular

Wink

I didn't forget the wizard box, but I did try to forget the user manual.
Old 17 March 2002, 10:27 PM
Dox
Scooby Regular

We'll have to petition the mods for a new forum. Just under "Was it you ?" we'll have "What I left at Max Impact"

Seeya
Dox
Old 18 March 2002, 07:30 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Nice one Dox! How long before someone confesses to forgetting their Scooby and leaving it at Max's?
Old 19 March 2002, 06:40 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

Just had three 'Scooby-heads' in actually, all talking Scoobish (or whatever language it was). Except one of them just sold his two year old Scoob and bought a diesel Seat Cordoba Estate to run around in (says he's off round the world for a while and needed the money), but still struck up a heated discussion with Blue (at least that's the name I think he uses in here) on the merits of various types of brakes. It's strange, but I have a few customers who when they call by, just by coincidence I always have an Impreza in the workshop, and they always say "What, another Impreza or is it still the same one from last time I called in?". I do actually work on other vehicles, contrary to popular belief (-: .

Anyway, I'm glad everyone is happy, and I hope I see you all again when you change cars in the future. No doubt they'll be Imprezas!