Notices

03 sti help

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2009, 05:46 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 sti help

hi i am interested in a 03 uk sti that is stolen recovered and does not have the keys, i have found a lock set from a wrx impreza the same year would i also need the matching transponder from the lock set?, i have rang subaru about getting the new keys coded but i am stuck on the sigma alarm, i have read about changing the code to the alarm would i need the keys coded before i could change the keys to the alarm, does the push button form the subaru keys control the sigma alarm, is the sigma alarm fitted after manufacture? as a cat 1 would it be easier and to remove the sigma system and have another cat 1 alarm fitted? is the key pad part of the sigma alarm or part of the cars main loom? any help would be great, to help me get the car started to check the engine over, thanks .
Old 22 September 2009, 08:49 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my94wrx
hi i am interested in a 03 uk sti that is stolen recovered and does not have the keys, i have found a lock set from a wrx impreza the same year would i also need the matching transponder from the lock set?, i have rang subaru about getting the new keys coded but i am stuck on the sigma alarm, i have read about changing the code to the alarm would i need the keys coded before i could change the keys to the alarm, does the push button form the subaru keys control the sigma alarm, is the sigma alarm fitted after manufacture? as a cat 1 would it be easier and to remove the sigma system and have another cat 1 alarm fitted? is the key pad part of the sigma alarm or part of the cars main loom? any help would be great, to help me get the car started to check the engine over, thanks .
Best thing you can do is rip out the old sigma, and fit another alarm, the sigma isn't part of the car loom and is pretty easy to pull out. The keypad is part of the sigma and not the car.
Old 24 September 2009, 11:28 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deangtiuk
Best thing you can do is rip out the old sigma, and fit another alarm, the sigma isn't part of the car loom and is pretty easy to pull out. The keypad is part of the sigma and not the car.
cheers dean what what alarm are you running on yours? pm if you prefer.