Clifford 650 alarm problems

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2009, 08:13 AM
HRT
Scooby Regular

Location: Trying to balance the budget as running two Scoobies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford 650 alarm problems

Have this fitted to a JDM bugeye STi. A few days ago when I armed it, I did not get the usual chirp, but the doors locked. Same thing when unlocking.

I tested it last night to see what would happen if I unlocked the door with the key while it was armed. No siren, but I could hear a clicking in the cabin. I traced the clicking to under the drivers seat, and pulled out a square speaker whci was attched to the bottom of the seat. When I pulled this out the siren started and would not deactivate with the remote. Had had to put the key in the ignition and attempt to start before I could get it to stop.

All fine now, but I am not sure what this speaker is and if it has anything to do with the alarm. I thought it would heve been for the Parrot hands free, but I could hear the clicking coming from inside the car and when I touched the speaker the siren went off.

Any ideas?? Also notice another wire which had a small white three pin connector, which led nowhere and the wires were caught in the seat runners and were damaged. Again have no clue what this is.
Old 30 September 2009, 04:46 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cliffords are complex alarms and your always best taking it to a GOOD and highly recommended dealer!
I should add if you have owned the car long? normally the chirps dying is a common fault on the earlier alarms, nothing serious though

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 30 September 2009 at 05:08 PM.