Notices

Sigma MY00 update

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2009, 06:14 AM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma MY00 update

I need a new box for the Sigma system on my MY00. The r/h indicator sticks on occasionally and it is subject to the usual radio signal interference.
Subaru dealer wants £85 for the box and £125 for fitting - I'm not even sure if that includes VAT or whether it is the later Tetra resistant model. Seems a little steep to me.
Can anyone recommend an approved installer within reasonable range of Bromley (SE London / North West Kent).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 04 July 2009, 06:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I used to have problems with the indicators on a Sigma I had on one of my cars. Instead of paying out £85 I simply cut the wire to the faulty side and connected it to the side which worked, then spliced in two diodes (a few pence each from Maplins) to prevent them both flashing in normal use. Ask about on SIDC Forums for Sigma Sam who used to be loads of help on here.
Old 04 July 2009, 10:20 AM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Nice idea.
I might give it a try but now that I know I can fix the interference problem too I fancy the new box.
I've been stranded a couple of times and worry that it could happen to my wife at an unfortunate time or place.
Old 12 August 2009, 11:28 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SimonD
Nice idea.
I might give it a try but now that I know I can fix the interference problem too I fancy the new box.
I've been stranded a couple of times and worry that it could happen to my wife at an unfortunate time or place.
AS long as you know the keypad code, you won't ever be stranded. The interference is between the fob and alarm remotely.