Notices

Car alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2009, 02:35 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car alarm help

A mate of mine is having some differculties with his alarm. He isnt a member on here.

This is what he sent me in an email:

went shopping in poole the other day, parked at the dolphin centre lower carpark,

came back and there was a ticking sound from the alarm, all i can describe it as is like a pulse which is being emitted from the alarm horns,

the car locks fine, and when its set with door/boot/bonnet open, it gives the audible warning alarm.

when set and i open the boot with the key, instead of the alarm going off, the audible warning sounds,

keith came to the rescue (pics to follow no doubt) and we took it up to his house,

he got out his trusty spanners and we disconnected the battery, the pulse was still there, second feed/small charge to allow the alarm to carry on if battery was disconnected during theft we think

i took it back to the safety of camp and disconnected the battery again but left over night to discharge second feed to see if it would reset itself, when i came back all was silent, plugged back up and the sound had gone. all worked as should, came back an hour later and the sound was back and this time my fuel warning light is on even though i know i have quarter of a tank in there ????

affraid thats it at moment and im waiting on alarm details.

anyone help please?