Notices

will my alarm code change if i change ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2008, 03:38 AM
reiddo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will my alarm code change if i change ecu?

I have a 2002 bugeye sti. It has a PPP ecu and I am about to replace it with an identical ecu from another 2002 bugeye sti which has an ecutek licence on it.

my question is will swapping the ecu affect the alarm codes in my car?

Cheers,

Doug
Old 11 August 2008, 04:43 PM
weemac2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reiddo
I have a 2002 bugeye sti. It has a PPP ecu and I am about to replace it with an identical ecu from another 2002 bugeye sti which has an ecutek licence on it.

my question is will swapping the ecu affect the alarm codes in my car?

Cheers,

Doug
ALARM code will not change, but IMMOBILISER will. the transponder chip inside the key talks to the ecu when you put the key in the ignition and will only recognise it's 'own' ecu. The ecu needs to be recoded with the key code. Dealer does this with Subaru select monitor, 10 minute job, cost depends on how busy they are in the workshop. If you want to change the ecu yourself you need to lift the carpet etc, unbolt the ecu retaining clips then drive to the dealer. Once you're parked up, unplug your ecu and plug in the new one then get the mechanics to do their stuff. then you can (hopefully) drive home and bolt everything back up again. You'll need the key code as shown on the little metal tag which came with the key. If its a UK car, Subaru UK should have the number on file, ditto if its an import, but ONLY, if it's been registered for warranty with them