Notices

Sigma M32 Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2008, 06:06 PM
sparky33
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sigma M32 Help needed

Hi everyone, not got a Scooby but this was the only site I could find with Sigma info.

I have a Renault Megane Coupe 2.0 16v (1998) with a Sigma M32 alarm fitted by Renault from new, they call it a Gold Shield II.

The problem I have is this, when I bought the car the siren had been removed and I had no keypad, but the indicators flashed as they should on arm, disarm, but the LED in the car never did.

Then in my infinate wisdom (or Renault's rip off wisdom) I decided to change the batteries in the key, just as a matter of course, anyway, after this the car wouldn't disarm the immobiliser, so i had to use a bypass code, this was fine except for it didn't disarm the alarm, so the indicators flashed all the time.

I tracked down the alarm and disconnected it.

14 months later I eventually bit the bullet and purchased a new key, at the same time I bought a second hand siren and keypad off ebay.

I then reconnected the alarm and the siren, thinking all would be fine, but oh no, the alarm just goes off all the time, but with no siren, and the LED on the keypad doesn't illuminate when you "touch" the digits, I don't use the word "press" as there is no movement.

So basically the alarm seems not to be recieving a signal from the key when the doors are unlocked/locked and the imobiliser armed/disarmed.

Any ideas?
Old 11 July 2008, 03:34 PM
sparky33
Scooby Newbie

No ideas?
Old 11 July 2008, 08:53 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sparky33
Hi everyone, not got a Scooby but this was the only site I could find with Sigma info.

I have a Renault Megane Coupe 2.0 16v (1998) with a Sigma M32 alarm fitted by Renault from new, they call it a Gold Shield II.

The problem I have is this, when I bought the car the siren had been removed and I had no keypad, but the indicators flashed as they should on arm, disarm, but the LED in the car never did.

Then in my infinate wisdom (or Renault's rip off wisdom) I decided to change the batteries in the key, just as a matter of course, anyway, after this the car wouldn't disarm the immobiliser, so i had to use a bypass code, this was fine except for it didn't disarm the alarm, so the indicators flashed all the time.

I tracked down the alarm and disconnected it.

14 months later I eventually bit the bullet and purchased a new key, at the same time I bought a second hand siren and keypad off ebay.

I then reconnected the alarm and the siren, thinking all would be fine, but oh no, the alarm just goes off all the time, but with no siren, and the LED on the keypad doesn't illuminate when you "touch" the digits, I don't use the word "press" as there is no movement.

So basically the alarm seems not to be recieving a signal from the key when the doors are unlocked/locked and the imobiliser armed/disarmed.

Any ideas?

HI mate could be wrong siren for alarm there was 2 and had to be set up correctly
was unit under clocks?

Ian
Old 14 July 2008, 09:52 PM
sparky33
Scooby Newbie

It was stuck in beside the fusebox, the alarm has the same wiring and 4 pin plug as the one that was missing, the cable was still there, just cut off at the siren end.
Old 19 July 2008, 04:02 PM
MR_TOAD_INSTALLER
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sparky33
It was stuck in beside the fusebox, the alarm has the same wiring and 4 pin plug as the one that was missing, the cable was still there, just cut off at the siren end.
it will need to be programmed back to the car

Ian