Notices

Autowatch feature 'codes'

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2002, 03:55 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an autowatch 170 RLi and about a year ago I ask for code to turn on certain features, such as the auto log doors on engine start.

Some kind soul had provided them on this here bbs, and I duly printed off the thread, the problem is I've lost the bit of paper! so need the codes again.

does anyone have the list of them?

rest assured that this time I'll print them off, plus put them on my website.
Old 31 January 2002, 08:28 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

aha! the joys of the internet connection going down and you having to resort to tidying up your files! found a file called 'autowatch settings' on my hard drive, lo and behold, it contained the info I was looking for. So, three things.

1) Thanks to Paul W, who's name appeared in the file, for the original info

2) I've put a new How To on my website which contains the info, you can see it here

3) here's the info:

To get program mode on autowatch RL160i...

you need to enter code 1,2,3 via the ignition switch....then the 2 digit code for the feature you want to enable/disable...

to enable program mode-

Switch ignition on - red LED will light

switch ignition off and the led will start to flash... immediately after 1 flash turn the ignition on again - thus entering '1' into the system

now switch ignition on again and get steady LED, switch ignition off, and this time wait two flashes before turning the ignition on again - you have now entered '2'

do same as above to enter '3' after 3 flashes of the LED

after 1,2,3 the LED will flash rapidly to let you know you are now in program mode....

you can now enter the two digit codes for the feature you want - this is done in the same way as above - using the flashes of the led to signal the digits... so....

to enable/disable the 'chirps' - use code 9,9 - that is ignition off, wait 9 flashes then ignition on again - then again ignition off, wait 9 flashes and back on again - the alarm will sound a confirmation as follows - chirps on = one 'beep', chirps off = 2 beeps.

you can enter as many program codes as you like without having to repeat the 1,2,3 sequence...

other useful codes....

2,2 - door open warning sound

3,3 - doors lock/unlock with engine on/off

6,6 - proximity alarm (needs an additional radar sensor)

0,0 - return to factory default settings

have fun !

Paul W

[Edited by Markus - 1/31/2002 8:29:03 PM]
Old 04 March 2002, 11:48 PM
Slowmo
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Marcus
My car has an auto watch alarm although i don't yet know which model, plan to find out this weekend by locating the black box of tricks.
Do you know whether they are clearly labled with model numbers on, i can see the siren which has a number on it, could that be an indication to what model the alarm could be ?
And also do know if auto watch do Cat 1 alarms ?
The bloody thing seems to be going off for no reason at the moment and will be upsetting the neighbours soon.

Regards Mark
Old 05 March 2002, 07:18 AM
Nick@avs
Scooby Regular

Mark,

Autowatch do Category 1 alarms, visit their website at www.autowatch.co.uk. The alarm on your vehicle will be clearly marked on the unit and if it is a Thatcham Approved product (which I would of thought it would be) will be in a tamper proof case, but there will be a "spy hole"
Old 05 March 2002, 08:56 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

slowmo,
Mine is a Cat 1. And mine seems to be going off at random as well. if you have the interior sensor thinys then try this, arm the alarm then quickly press the button again, you should get a single beep, this turns off the interior protection. see if your false alarms stop. I've done some tests and this seems to stop the problem. could be the sensitivity of the interior stuff is set too low, or they could be buggered, had em go when I had a saxo with a similar setup, alarm would go off whenever it felt like it! disabling them 'fixed' it.
Old 06 March 2002, 01:41 PM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the codes... I was wondering how to get the doors to autolock... tried it at lunchtime and hey- presto..

Cheers...

So what are the other codes???