Not Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2008, 08:14 AM
deep_st24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Impressed

What a bad day I had yesterday.

Went to work like normal, popped out a little while later to go to Argos, got out the car went to lock it and nothing happened.

After messing about walking around the car for a while I got back in, couldn’t start it now because my immobiliser had come on. Tried everything I could think of but still no luck (including new batteries for the key fob).

Unfortunately don’t know the code to my alarm as the previous owner didn’t know, and can’t find it in the folders of paperwork I do have.

So I get RAC down and they check my remote and tell me its working fine, so they tow me out of the car park in case there’s something interfering with my signal, still nothing.

End up on the back of a recovery truck all the way home (nice and embarrassing). When I get home I try my other remote and it works fine, but my normal fob still not working.

SO I went out last night with the new remote works fine, stop to get petrol, try to restart the car afterwards nothing. Tried a few times, moving the fob around inside the car and after 10 minutes of fiddling it starts.

Drop my girlfriend home, turn the car off and then restart 10 minutes later and its fine. Stop at the off license on the way home, takes me 20 minutes to get it started again, get home and it locks first time.

So what’s the problem??

All ideas welcome, is it my remotes, or my alarm? Shall I just give up and pay out for a new alarm? Or get Subaru to fix it?

Cheers

Ash
Old 17 May 2008, 09:59 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

One thing i would defo recommend is program the code will find a link in a mo. Then if all else fails ditch the standard alarm. Nothing but hassle for most PPL.
Old 17 May 2008, 10:02 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Changing your PIN:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Ensure your keypad is operational before you need it on a dark night!
If this is an intermitent problem, use of the keypad should overcome the problem. However, if the problem is more frequent it may be worth considering a new control unit - An SACC 3465 should cost in the region of £70 from a Subaru dealer and your existing keys can still be used.
Although installation may take around 30 minutes, do not pay over the odds for programming the system, as this can be done in 5 minutes using the keypad.
Old 18 May 2008, 09:42 AM
deep_st24
Scooby Regular

Got to love this place! Thanks for the information