Notices

Clifford Alarm On New Sti

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2002, 03:16 PM
GSti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

When I eventually receive my new Sti Prodrive, I am seriously considering upgrading the alarm to a clifford G4 500 or 600 with all the added bits....
Would there be any problems with this, as the Sti has got the RAC TrackStar 24H Protector incorporated with the standard alarm/immob.

Would it mean that I have the clifford remote and the standard remote ?

Any info Appreciated, before I talk to my local fitters...
Old 31 January 2002, 03:12 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

There won't be any problems whatsoever with having both a Clifford and any kind of tracking device on your car. However the old Sigma (or whatever happens to be on) will be coming out, and hopefully your Clifford installer won't be using the old immobilisation points the Sigma (or whatever) used for the Clifford's immobilisation. Everyone knows where they are, and they aren't exactly made in the most imaginative of places either. If it happens to have the Subaru factory item which works from buttons on the ignition key, that one can just be left as is, there's just no need ever to arm it.

[Edited by Max the Clifford dealer - 1/31/2002 3:15:41 PM]
Old 31 January 2002, 03:29 PM
GSti
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply, sorry to go over whats probably old ground, but I take it this means that I will only have the clifford key fob, and when activated via the clifford, the trackstar will trigger aswell.
Should trackstar be notified when clifford is being fitted, as I presume they would detect some sort of tampering.
And finally......what would happen to the sigma keypad inside the car, could this be replace with the clifford blackjax keypad ?

Many thanks.
Old 31 January 2002, 05:07 PM
Max the Clifford dealer
Scooby Regular

I'm afraid the Trackstar system isn't one I'm familiar with as I use the Navtrak and Asset Assured systems, so I couldn't comment, but if there is some sort of connection between the Trackstar and the alarm (which maybe there isn't) then your Clifford installer should be able to spot it and take the necessary steps. It depends where your sigma keypad is. Is it in the coin tray above your right knee under the driver's dash? I've see a few mounted in there. If it is there, it can just be taken out and thrown away with the rest of the alarm. Anywhere else that may be on show and when it is removed, a suitable blank can be fitted in the hole left by its wiring loom. As for the Valet Switch (what Clifford call the little dual-button thing that your PIN is entered into), it is only about 25mm long and 15mm wide and the natural place for it (close to your left hand so as you don't have to take your eyes off the road once you're used to it) is in a spare switch blank/coin holder thingy next to your hand brake.
Old 31 January 2002, 05:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trackstar can do it one of 2 ways, either give you a fob or attach it to your clifford system.
Wont go into detail but they can do it and did so to a mates car

Tony