Notices

GB270 SPORTWAGON - SIGMA ALARM

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2007, 11:38 AM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GB270 SPORTWAGON - SIGMA ALARM

after one week of ownership the alarm has started going off about three minutes after i have armed it.

does not happen every time so cannot figure out what i may be doing wrong?

the second set of flashes , after arming, has the LED next the clock giving either one or two longer 'blinks' before resuming its normal flashing and then going on to dimmer permanent flashing.

the book says this longer flashing happens when the system is reducing sensitivity from that set by the installer?

the car is brand new and i will obviously take it back to the dealer for the first service and raise this issue but just wondered if there was something simple that i could try?

slightly worryingly there is a bare ended very very fine black insulated wire hanging down from the nearside A pillar into the passenger footwell - this has been there since taking delivery and i have just insulated it - to stop it shorting and awaiting the first service.

any thoughts that the two issues are related?

thanks in anticipation.
Old 12 December 2007, 02:43 PM
weemac2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trubwrx
after one week of ownership the alarm has started going off about three minutes after i have armed it.

does not happen every time so cannot figure out what i may be doing wrong?

the second set of flashes , after arming, has the LED next the clock giving either one or two longer 'blinks' before resuming its normal flashing and then going on to dimmer permanent flashing.

the book says this longer flashing happens when the system is reducing sensitivity from that set by the installer?

the car is brand new and i will obviously take it back to the dealer for the first service and raise this issue but just wondered if there was something simple that i could try?

slightly worryingly there is a bare ended very very fine black insulated wire hanging down from the nearside A pillar into the passenger footwell - this has been there since taking delivery and i have just insulated it - to stop it shorting and awaiting the first service.

any thoughts that the two issues are related?

thanks in anticipation.
Sounds like everything is as it should be: Every time you arm the alarm it waits a few seconds then measures the activity in the car and uses that as a baseline for the sensitivity setting, so for instance if the heater vent is open and theres a slight draught through it, it wont set off the ultrasonics. If on the otherhand everything is calm and cool, it will remain at maximum sensitivity.

The dangling wire will be the antenna for the remote, it looks just like a bit of wire. It has its best sensitivity if it's vertical and clear of any other metal surface so it shouldnt really be clipped up.

I'm afraid i dont know why the alarm should go off by itself, but my 2006 sti does exactly the same sometimes, my theory is that the engine cooling fan may cut in due to heat soak, but I've never been able to catch it in the act yet. Sigma_Sam over on SIDC is the Guru on these things.......

It's easy to change the sensitivity setting of the unit yourself ( and loads of other parameters too). PM me if you need instructions how to do this.
Old 12 December 2007, 03:44 PM
trubwrx
Scooby Regular

thanks for info. on aerial and thoughts on erratic alarm.

i have asked on SIDC but Sigma Sam must be unavailable as he has not responded - another guy kindly confirmed the wire/aerial situation - as you have done.

car is going in for its first service next week and dealer says he 'will interogate the alarm' to see why it is acting up.

i will post any results.

thanks again