Notices

SIGMA SENSITIVETY

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2007, 04:03 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIGMA SENSITIVETY

hi all first of all my sigma M30 alarms is working ok...well just one things not the sensitivety on the ultrasonic sensors..the other day i went up 2 my car and hit the window to see if the alarm would go off but it never,so i hit it abit harder still never went off???...well i opened the car sat in set the alarm and started to wave my arms around like some mad headcase!!!!!!!!! but the alarm still never went off!!!! is there a way to ajust the sensitivety?? if so would someone tell me how..many thanks..gary
Old 31 August 2007, 05:29 PM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

From the manual.

Ultrasonic Interior Protection
The interior protection system in the SUBARU Category 1 Alarm System employs a sophisticated microprocessor controlled ultrasonic method of detection. Unlike conventional ultrasonic detectors this method ensures that an actual entry has occurred rather than just air movement, air pressure fluctuation, seat belt movement, etc.
Whenever the system is armed:
Initially the dashboard LED flashes dimly for the first 15 seconds. During this period the ultrasonic sensors are inactive. This allows the air movement inside the vehicle to stabilise.
The dashboard LED will then flash brightly for the next 15 seconds. The ultrasonic sensors are now active. The alarm system's microprocessor monitors the interior of the vehicle, and will reduce the sensitivity (from the maximum sensitivity programmed by the installer) if any background movement is detected that would cause a false alarm (if excess movement is detected during this period the LED will remain illuminated for a second, indicating that the sensitivity has been reduced).
After the first 32 seconds the dashboard LED will flash dimly again. The system is now fully armed and the ultrasonic sensitivity is set to the programmed maximum or the reduced level if some background movement was detected.
Sit in the car and keep still untill the LED flashes dimly then move, that should set it off. As far as adjusting the sensitivity manually though I can't help, sorry.
Old 31 August 2007, 07:00 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply went out in the car today,i shut all the windows,and set the alarm...i sat in the car for over 2 mins banging the wheel,the alarm never went off??? till i opened the door then it did...its not nice knowing someone could break my windows and i would'nt know,or another car hit my car
Old 31 August 2007, 09:14 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

sorry me again right the alarm has been set for some time now.i just went out and not hard,but hit one of the windows.the red light on the drivers side light up reder for a quick mo and kept doing this when i hit the windows....so the alarms DOES know that someone/thing is hitting it...can someone tell me why the alarm does'nt go off????,,many thanks,sorry 2 be a pain
Old 01 September 2007, 08:30 PM
IJE71
Scooby Regular

Have a look at the " I'm told I need Sigma Sam " thread a bit further down the page in this section.
Old 01 September 2007, 08:59 PM
C17RPA
Scooby Regular

i will do,thanks